Evolving, apparenly officer involved shooting

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Evolving, apparenly officer involved shooting

Postby goett047 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:49 pm

xd ED wrote:
Nat wrote:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/08/castile_shooting_police_deletion/

Probably a UFO :roll:

I'm pretty sure Facebook can confirm or deny this tale.

So, if her story is true, there are some A versions, and b versions out there; given local media recorded it before Facebook first took it down, they will likely step up and confirm or deny her allegations, correct?

I have no reason to believe that the police didn't seize the phone and delete it
goett047

Postby goett047 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:51 pm

MWAG wrote:
xd ED wrote:
He apparently got his permit through Henn Cty as a Robinsdale resident.
The sources being his family.
(which begs a question in my mind , did he update his address)
none of which is relevant to what happened that night.
Whether he had a permit, or not; or if the cop knew he had a permit, or not - are minuscule to his actions, and the officer's interpretation of those actions.

I picked up on this as well. Side question: if one did move counties, besides the petty misd., are there any other repocussions for not notifying or obtaining a new PTC with your new address?

Besides not being able to buy more guns, does it nullify your permit?

You are married to the issuing county for the 5 year duration of the permit. You must notify them of an address change, but I do not believe you are required to pay for a new card. Once you renew then you must go to the sheriff of the county in which you reside.
goett047

Postby xd ED on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:57 pm

goett047 wrote:
xd ED wrote:
Nat wrote:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/08/castile_shooting_police_deletion/

Probably a UFO :roll:

I'm pretty sure Facebook can confirm or deny this tale.

So, if her story is true, there are some A versions, and b versions out there; given local media recorded it before Facebook first took it down, they will likely step up and confirm or deny her allegations, correct?

I have no reason to believe that the police didn't seize the phone and delete it

You realize that when the first video was posted, long before it was taken down, local media(KSTP for one) copied, and posted it on their own websites, and had it available, even after the Facebook posting went down.

Produce the 2 videos to compare as proof of the allegation, and I'll agree, otherwise she just stuck a fork in it.

This claim will make or break her credibility, pure and simple; so let's wait and see.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby george on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:59 pm

goett047 wrote:
MWAG wrote:
xd ED wrote:
He apparently got his permit through Henn Cty as a Robinsdale resident.
The sources being his family.
(which begs a question in my mind , did he update his address)
none of which is relevant to what happened that night.
Whether he had a permit, or not; or if the cop knew he had a permit, or not - are minuscule to his actions, and the officer's interpretation of those actions.

I picked up on this as well. Side question: if one did move counties, besides the petty misd., are there any other repocussions for not notifying or obtaining a new PTC with your new address?

Besides not being able to buy more guns, does it nullify your permit?

You are married to the issuing county for the 5 year duration of the permit. You must notify them of an address change, but I do not believe you are required to pay for a new card. Once you renew then you must go to the sheriff of the county in which you reside.

Correct, If you wish a new card with your new address they can charge $10 but it is still the original issuer until the permit expires you must notify. You have 30 days for your DL.
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby atomic41 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:12 pm

As usual Mike Rowe is spot on. Check out his response to a woman's question: https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMikeRow ... =3&theater
atomic41

Postby captnviper on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:16 am

goett047 wrote:
BigBlue wrote:If he was stopped by police so many times in recent years for traffic infractions shouldn't he have been an expert in dealing with cops re: notification about his permit & gun by now? Or, on the flip side: With that many interactions the stats were bound to catch up to him sometime and lead to an issue like this.

Or maybe he did everything right and the cop screwed up.

http://youtu.be/SwoKlyiiL4E Or maybe they where smoking a fat blunt? Anyone else find it disturbing that somebody would smoke weed in a car with a chile in the back while driving?
"It's better to have a gun and need it then not have one and not need it" Ricky.
captnviper

Postby Nat on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:23 am

atomic41 wrote:As usual Mike Rowe is spot on. Check out his response to a woman's question: https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMikeRow ... =3&theater

That was spot on
Secrets are the opposite of Freedoms
Nat

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:10 am

atomic41 wrote:As usual Mike Rowe is spot on. Check out his response to a woman's question: https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMikeRow ... =3&theater

To sum up, it’s human to feel bad in the wake of tragedies like this one, and normal to feel sad when innocent people are murdered. But do yourself a favor - don’t let cable news or social media or anything else suck you into their bottomless pit of high anxiety. Believe me - they will if you let ‘em. And if that happens, you will indeed reach the point of no return. -Mike Rowe

There's much wisdom there.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Previous

Return to In The News