FBI: Nearly Three Times More People Stabbed to Death Than...

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

FBI: Nearly Three Times More People Stabbed to Death Than...

Postby minnesotatv on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:24 am

FBI: Nearly Three Times More People Stabbed to Death Than Killed With Rifles, Shotguns Combined

The FBI’s 2015 Uniform Crime Report (UCR) shows nearly three times more people were
stabbed or hacked to death than were killed with rifles and shotguns combined.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -combined/
minnesotatv

Re: FBI: Nearly Three Times More People Stabbed to Death Than...

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:35 am

OMG, now we have to ban all knives. What will I cut my steak with! Of course, this will never hit the 5 oclock news.
Bearcatrp

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:54 pm

I think it's clear that we need common sense cutlery control.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Lumpy on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:18 pm

"But you don't need an assault weapon!"

:x
Lumpy

Postby Sorcerer on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:43 pm

All knifes, cutlery must be on an "approved list". 15 day waiting/ cooling off period. Every law enforcement vehical will have a potable body scan machine. Federal check point on every road checking vehicles and persons for knifes so no interstate transport of knifes can happen. In addition all small airports and privet air fields will be watched with drone gun ships equipped with high res scanners. Your only chance may be getting one past a TSA check point at large airports. Remember that being in posession of illegal cutlery will mean summery exiqution on the spot. On the bright side it will create a heck of a lot of low paying goverment funded jobs.
Sorcerer

Postby farmerj on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:05 am

Does this mean we can shoot anyone within 21' as a potential threat? Or just every third person?
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby atomic41 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:06 am

They went after knives in Europe. Doesn't England now have bans on knives with points? So all your kitchen knives have a blunt end. (too lazy to google it but I'm pretty sure they did that)
atomic41

Postby Sorcerer on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:07 am

farmerj wrote:Does this mean we can shoot anyone within 21' as a potential threat? Or just every third person?

Every other, with in 21'. Takes to long to count by 3s and is bad for timing.
Sorcerer

Postby gbono23 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:15 am

In 1998, I did extensive travel to England. I had just purchased a Spyderco Native with a 3 1/4" blade. At the time the maximum on airlines was 3 1/2". I had it in my pocket as I flew over to England and carried it the whole time I was there. It wasn't until I was leaving when I went through the metal detectors at the airport that a security guard spotted it when I put it in the tray. Originally he was going to confiscate it, because it was a lock blade. Length at that time was ok, but you were not allowed to have a lockblade. I was able to argue for it, and he walked me over to a desk, where it was put into an envelope with my name on it, and put in a special hold on board the aircraft and I was told I could get it back when we landed in the states. I did get that one back. A friend was not so lucky, but what he had confiscated was just a small knife, about a 1" blade, but again it was a lock blade. He just gave it to the queen as we left England.
gbono23

Return to In The News