NJ Student Suspended for “Anti-Gun-Control” Project

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

NJ Student Suspended for “Anti-Gun-Control” Project

Postby linksep on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:32 pm

A high-school student in Manville, New Jersey was suspended and ordered to undergo psychological evaluation resulting from his assigned classroom presentation on an “anti-gun-control” topic.

http://www.mssblog.com/2016/10/28/new-j ... l-project/
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Re: NJ Student Suspended for “Anti-Gun-Control” Project

Postby OldmanFCSA on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:29 pm

UN-EFFing believable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OldmanFCSA

Postby Randygmn on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:46 am

This is outrageous. The student should sue everyone involved, each, individually.

They are trying to criminalize a discussion about one of our guaranteed, inalienable rights (2A). In doing so, he suffered quantifiable damages at the hands of a government run public school, a clear violation of his 1st amendment rights. This case is ripe for those who care about civil rights violations. I wish I was an attorney. I'd take his case for free.
Randygmn

Postby Snakeman721 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:45 pm

It's New Jersey, which, in my opinion, is more anti gun crazy than California! Kid's family should sue the school!
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby 2in2out on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:52 pm

I'm assuming this is true, but it just sounds too incredulous. There must be something more to the story.

It sounds like the teacher who assigned the class this particular project, allowed this student to make the presentation, and ultimately gave him a good grade for it is now denying that it happened. That seems like an odd thing to try and deny after an entire class did it and grades have been handed out.

If this news story is anything remotely close to actually true, then this is pretty outrageous. I think the student's next "assignment" should be a civil rights case against the Superintended of the school.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Return to In The News