Army chooses new pistol.......

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Army chooses new pistol.......

Postby farmerj on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:55 am

Yeppers

And Glock is still a POS
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:24 am

farmerj wrote:Yeppers

And Glock is still a POS

For identifying a problem and correcting it? Hm. Thought you drove trucks for a living, they never break down?
Holland&Holland

Postby Randygmn on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:57 am

farmerj wrote:
rtk wrote:[quote="farmerj

Old, fat and out of shape, ......

It's be a real hoot to watch me gasping for breath and racing that steel to the ground.

I call BS..you are like the fox guarding the hen house! ;)

July 2015, I had a heart attack and two stents put in.

But I appreciate the compliment. I'd likely be good again if I practiced...

hmmmm, investment lead maybe?[/quote]

I'm glad you're well and recovered. I'm 50, and had my heart attack 14 years ago with 5 stents. Still on beta blockers and ace inhibitors. Maybe even some blood thinners. But I've remained active. Still in good enough shape to defend myself and those around me, regardless of how long a practical engagement would last. It's just not repeatable for days at a time. Stamina is the first to go. But thank God I still have adrenaline dumps as if I was in my 20's.
Randygmn

Postby farmerj on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:47 pm

guess they are saying it's the P320.

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/01 ... ce-pistol/
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby sprigfan on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:43 pm

atomic41 wrote:It's the P320 and it's a damn good choice. I've had one for over a year and it is flawless. I've shot many striker fired handguns and this is by far my favorite. It became my daily carry immediately, parking my trusty Glock (daily carry) on a shelf in the safe. I even shot it side by side with the HK VP and Sig was my favorite. The Army made a great choice.

I won't pretend to be an expert on all the guns that competed, but I also have a P320 and love it. It's my carry gun as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
sprigfan

Postby farmerj on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:

And Glock is still a POS

For identifying a problem and correcting it? Hm. Thought you drove trucks for a living, they never break down?

Go back and read what I said.

Or should I bring out the big crayons for you instead.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:18 pm

farmerj wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

And Glock is still a POS

Go back and read what I said.

Or should I bring out the big crayons for you instead.

I read it, just do not understand your beef. So yah, you might need the big crayons.
Holland&Holland

Postby farmerj on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:19 pm

For most people, it was to send in your gun and not get anything back for 9-12 months.

You were 4th on the list behind military, govt, law enforcement.

If they replaced it.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Army chooses new pistol.......

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:24 pm

atomic41 wrote:It's the P320 and it's a damn good choice. I've had one for over a year and it is flawless. ...I even shot it side by side with the HK VP and Sig was my favorite. The Army made a great choice.

Picked up a VP9 a month ago and it is alright. For some reason I did not even think to look at the P320...

Did anybody bother with those conversion kits, seems like buying a new gun is simpler? Might be a big benefit for somebody in California though.
gun_fan111v2

Postby sprigfan on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:36 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:
atomic41 wrote:It's the P320 and it's a damn good choice. I've had one for over a year and it is flawless. ...I even shot it side by side with the HK VP and Sig was my favorite. The Army made a great choice.

Picked up a VP9 a month ago and it is alright. For some reason I did not even think to look at the P320...

Did anybody bother with those conversion kits, seems like buying a new gun is simpler? Might be a big benefit for somebody in California though.

I haven't bothered with the conversion kits. Last I looked, they were nearly the cost of a whole new gun. For $40 or $50 more, I'd rather just buy another gun. I'm sure Sig would be just fine with that.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
sprigfan

Postby atomic41 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:05 am

gun_fan111v2 wrote:

The VP9 is an awesome gun, you made a great choice and I thought hard about it but for what you get, the Sig was just a better value in my opinion. The trigger on the Sig is better and the ability to swap frames in seconds for $40 is pretty appealing. Sig is working on frames with options built in now like laser and light. That's pretty damn cool.

I have not swapped calibers. The point of the modularity is to swap frames, calibers, etc. with no extra background checks. The trigger group stays and that is the serialized part, so that is considered the gun. You can basically have a whole new gun shipped to your door, just drop in your trigger group. I'm like others and would just buy another gun for a little bit more but swapping frames for dirt cheap is very appealing.

I also really love the early model with the big takedown lever. My support hand thumb rests there and keeps muzzle rise down. It works awesome for fast follow up shots. A lot of people complained that it was too big, so Sig made a smaller lever. I'm assuming those people don't use the lever when shooting like I do.

I have shot just about all of the hot striker fired guns but the P320 is the one that really excites me the most. But isn't a great time to be a gun owner in America?! So many great choices! :cheers:
atomic41

Postby Amazi on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:02 pm

Yuck, I owned a sig once. Had an issue with it that caused jams called them about it was treated like I worthless and I was told it's normal yeah... I feel bad for people who have to carry something with that name on it.
Amazi

Postby farmerj on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:38 pm

Amazi wrote:Yuck, I owned a sig once. Had an issue with it that caused jams called them about it was treated like I worthless and I was told it's normal yeah... I feel bad for people who have to carry something with that name on it.

Did they suspect limp wristing?
Current moon phase
farmerj

Postby Amazi on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:44 pm

No they guy just said in a really snotty ******* voice and basically cut me off saying that's normal now is there anything else.
It was a p238 I don't think I could limp wrist that even if I tired. Never had an issue like that till that gun. So I feel like you do with glock.
Amazi

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Sig sucks. Glock sucks. 1911s are all finicky. The only trustworthy and reliable gun is a hipoint.

Sarcasm intended
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to In The News