Vadnais Heights weapons seized

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Vadnais Heights weapons seized

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:25 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Rip Van Winkle wrote:The brainwashed, no nothing, anti neighbor needs to be sued into bankruptcy also.

Maybe some C&R stuff since it’s a four generation collection. This should be fun to watch unfold.

I think you would have to be really good on working a bolt to get any where near "auto" at least with the pics released.

Agreed but maybe they had a tommy gun somewhere
Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:39 am

Words matter. I hope that Pigg is sued into oblivion for slanderous defamation. Perhaps this could finally force people (and the MSM) to understand and use the proper nomenclature when discussing the differences between select fire/auto and semi-auto. Piggs outrageous behavior prejudices law enforcement, prosecutors and potential jurors.
Randygmn

Postby INOR on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:08 am

Think you should all calm down and wait for the court hearing this morning. Hopefully we will learn more about what is going on with this after that.
INOR

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:23 am

INOR wrote:Think you should all calm down and wait for the court hearing this morning. Hopefully we will learn more about what is going on with this after that.

What's the fun in that?
Ghost

Postby Erud on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:28 am

INOR wrote:Think you should all calm down and wait for the court hearing this morning. Hopefully we will learn more about what is going on with this after that.

INOR wrote:So lock your **** guns up if you have kids. It’s that **** simple.
Erud

Vadnais Heights weapons seized

Postby INOR on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:48 am

Ha. Don’t take my cursing to mean that I’m agitated, Walter. I’m a former marine. That’s just part of vocabulary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:37 am

So now we are waiting on due process?

They must be related to Trump.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:07 am

When they were showing the pictures of the different guns, thought maybe he had a SBR or close to it. Hope he didn’t have something he wasn’t supposed to have without the proper stamps or whatever. The explosive has me wondering if it was tannerite or if he actually had something he shouldn’t have had. Guess we should see soon what the judge does. IF the cops screwed this up jumping the gun, they deserve to be sued. The stupid news folks making him out to be some terrorist needs to be sued also.
Bearcatrp

Postby INOR on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:34 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

This is exactly what Trump wanted. He said take guns first, then due process.

Bottom line is that the sheriff dept obtained a warrant, went in, and found some stuff. We'll see what "stuff" they found and whether there's something to this or not. If it's all just basic rifles being unsecured, I have a hard time believing they would hold them in custody through the weekend, even if they had loaded weapons unsecured and gross misdemeanor charges potentially applied. If that's all it is, then yeah, I think this family has a right to be hella pissed off. And I do agree that the local media reporting has been sensationalizing it. We'll know soon enough.
INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:54 am

INOR wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

This is exactly what Trump wanted. He said take guns first, then due process.

Bottom line is that the sheriff dept obtained a warrant, went in, and found some stuff. We'll see what "stuff" they found and whether there's something to this or not. If it's all just basic rifles being unsecured, I have a hard time believing they would hold them in custody through the weekend, even if they had loaded weapons unsecured and gross misdemeanor charges potentially applied. If that's all it is, then yeah, I think this family has a right to be hella pissed off. And I do agree that the local media reporting has been sensationalizing it. We'll know soon enough.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You and Trump have quite a thing going. I love it!
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:57 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You and Trump have quite a thing going. I love it!

Ghost

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Not looking good for this bunch.
A father and his 13-year-old son were charged Monday after authorities discovered several loaded guns inside their Vadnais Heights home during a search of the residence prompted by a threat the teen reportedly made against another student.

Lisa Marie Stowe, 40, and Christopher Lloyd Stowe, 41, were arrested for negligent storage of a firearm after police investigated an alleged threat by their son Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018. Lisa Marie Stowe, 40, and Christopher Lloyd Stowe, 41, were arrested for negligent storage of a firearm after police investigated an alleged threat by their son Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018.
Christopher Lloyd Stowe faces two felony-level counts of prohibited possession of a machine gun and short-barreled shotgun and a third count of negligent storage of firearms, according to the criminal complaint filed against him in Ramsey County District Court. The latter charge is a gross misdemeanor.

His son was charged with making threats of violence.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/05/vadnais-heights-father-son-charged-in-weapons-case/
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:29 pm

That does not look good or sound good for them. Not in the pictures they shared though.

It still feels like a witch hunt, they might have just actually caught a witch in that hunt.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:31 pm

The Red Star has another article out about it:

http://www.startribune.com/vadnais-heights-man-charged-in-connection-with-son-s-threat-to-school/475847073/

Some extra info:

The father of a Vadnais Heights boy who allegedly threatened to shoot up his school owned an illegal machine gun and short-barreled shotgun, and kept loaded guns out in the open, according to charges filed Monday.

Christopher Stowe, 41, was charged in Ramsey County District Court with two felony counts of prohibited possession of machine guns and short-barreled shotguns and one count of gross misdemeanor negligent storage of firearms where a child can access them.

"Law enforcement officers also recovered several trigger kits hidden in the ceiling of the residence," said the charges against Stowe. "They appeared to be conversion kits for converting weapons to automatic weapons. Deputies also discovered literature on how to convert a semi-automatic weapon to a fully automatic weapon."

Huh...
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:40 pm

So a felony count for the 13 year old. Interesting.
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to In The News