Anyone Else Notice?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Anyone Else Notice?

Postby crbutler on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Heck, I know more than a few who have them just because someone says they shouldn’t have one.

I’ve used a MSR for collective purposes, hunting, target practice, competition, and even lent one to a friend for use as a stage prop.

I have never used any of mine for self defense, and god willing, I hope I never have to.
crbutler

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:32 pm

I own them because, freedom.
Holland&Holland

Anyone Else Notice?

Postby INOR on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:11 am

My AR is just sporting use. Handguns are my defensive weapons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:14 am

INOR wrote:My AR is just sporting use. Handguns are my defensive weapons.

If god forbid I ever need a defensive weapon anything and everything I have at my disposal at the time has the potential to be pressed into service. I call them anti assault weapons.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:40 am

I'll use my handgun to fight my was to my A-Salt Rifle :bolt:

A-Salt Rifle.jpg
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Anyone Else Notice?

Postby INOR on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:59 am

That reminded me...this is a spring-fall “a-salt” weapon for me in my war against flies and other bugs. Love this thing.

INOR

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:13 am

INOR wrote:That reminded me...this is a spring-fall “a-salt” weapon for me in my war against flies and other bugs. Love this thing.

Use mine all the time. In the summer I’ll go out to the trash bins and slaughter flies til I get bored.
Ghost

Anyone Else Notice?

Postby INOR on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:19 am

Ghost wrote:Use mine all the time. In the summer I’ll go out to the trash bins and slaughter flies til I get bored.

Me too. Target rich environment. Aiming proved challenging when I first got it but I do think that my accuracy and range has improved substantially over time.

INOR

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:23 am

are they worth the $50 that they are listed on Amazon for?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Anyone Else Notice?

Postby INOR on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:26 am

I think I paid $40. I’ve seen them locally someplace too. Maybe fleet farm? They’re great. They don’t absolutely squash the fly and leave guts smeared everywhere. It’s more the concussion effect that kills them I think. Just leaves an intact carcass and a sprinkling of salt. Then my dog enjoys cleaning that up for me and she appreciates that I’m seasoning her little snack in the process. It’s a novelty but a fun little toy and makes killing flies a sporting event.

INOR

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:57 am

INOR wrote:I think I paid $40. I’ve seen them locally someplace too. Maybe fleet farm? They’re great. They don’t absolutely squash the fly and leave guts smeared everywhere. It’s more the concussion effect that kills them I think. Just leaves an intact carcass and a sprinkling of salt. Then my dog enjoys cleaning that up for me and she appreciates that I’m seasoning her little snack in the process. It’s a novelty but a fun little toy and makes killing flies a sporting event.

I think mine was about $40 also. I don't mind killing flies inside with them, the roomba cleans up the mess. Oh and they'll really f up a moth.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Box Elder bugs and Japanese Beetles are my nemesis. Anyone know the difference in the Lawn and Garden version? I just might have to pick one of these up.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Scratch on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:19 pm

What are the effective range of those A Salt rifles?
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Scratch wrote:What are the effective range of those A Salt rifles?

They say 3 feet. 4 if you can shoot.

They are actually Bug A Salt rifles.
Ghost

Postby 2in2out on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Scott Adams (the cartoonist that correctly predicted Trump's win) thinks we should use the term "defensive rifle", because they're good for self defense. He's not a gun guy, but that's not a bad idea.

Modern sporting rifle is okay, but one of the clear messages I keep hearing is that the AR platform is not good for self defense, and that's simply not true. Of course, they also conveniently overlook the very real sporting purposes for the platform, so maybe it doesn't matter what we call it.

How about "American style rifle", as opposed to the "Russian style rifle" or "British style rifle", etc.?

I do think we need to avoid AR, Assault Rifle or even black rifle at all costs. Black Rifle Coffee is okay, but not black rifles. That opens us up to attack before we finish the sentence where the words were spoken.

The other thing I have noticed lately is not only is an AR-15 the most deadly rifle in the world, capable of taking a man's head clean off, but the bullets are so much faster than a handgun and that's why mass shooters use those.

Which again is a smoke screen for the real reason, that the media and liberal propagandists keep pounding it into everyone's heads that the AR-15 is the weapon of choice for people who want to leave a trail of destruction in their wake. Without that constant message, they'd use something else.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

PreviousNext

Return to In The News