Dick's sporting goods

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Dick's sporting goods

Postby andrewP on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:57 pm

At first, I thought "Whatever, nothing to see here," but then I got to the part of the article talking about how Oregon has a law specifically prohibiting businesses from age-based discrimination. It'll be interesting to see how the suit plays out.
andrewP

Postby xd ED on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Ghost wrote:
xd ED wrote:

I have no idea what Tyler Watson looks like, but a 20 year old black woman could likely pull that off.

Referencing this?
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/01/woman-sues-walmart-over-anti-theft-policy-on-black-beauty-products.html

No; wasn't aware of whatever's in that link. A minority woman would draw more attention.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:37 pm

andrewP wrote:

At first, I thought "Whatever, nothing to see here," but then I got to the part of the article talking about how Oregon has a law specifically prohibiting businesses from age-based discrimination. It'll be interesting to see how the suit plays out.

Yup, that's the thing with corporate policies, gotta check on the law in the states you are doing business.
Holland&Holland

Postby ZeeC on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:53 am

Oops Dicks says they might be taking a sales hit because of the new policy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/bus ... c8f68518d1

I feel so bad for them.
ZeeC

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:20 pm

ZeeC wrote:Oops Dicks says they might be taking a sales hit because of the new policy

I feel so bad for them.

Hope they go bankrupt!
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:34 pm

ZeeC wrote:Oops Dicks says they might be taking a sales hit because of the new policy

I feel so bad for them.

Lol. Let’s see, if you stop selling the most popular rifle why would sales go down? Smart businesses don’t pick sides on politically divisive issues. Especially when it’s against a segment of their own business.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Ghost wrote:

I feel so bad for them.

Lol. Let’s see, if you stop selling the most popular rifle why would sales go down? Smart businesses don’t pick sides on politically divisive issues. Especially when it’s against a segment of their own business.

You are going to need to buy more pro-V1s
Holland&Holland

Postby jdege on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:47 am

jdege

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:39 am

Too bad. Now with Ganders empty, Toy R us empty, Sears and Pennys emptying, Dicks going next. We are going to have a ton of empty retail space.

Any body want to get in on the front end of a new craze? Converting old retail box stores into cool industrial looking housing? Conveniently located near shopping and transportation?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:10 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

Too bad. Now with Ganders empty, Toy R us empty, Sears and Pennys emptying, Dicks going next. We are going to have a ton of empty retail space.

Any body want to get in on the front end of a new craze? Converting old retail box stores into cool industrial looking housing? Conveniently located near shopping and transportation?

I prefer trampoline parks, indoor play areas and go kart tracks.
Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 am

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

I prefer trampoline parks, indoor play areas and go kart tracks.

Or better yet, indoor gun ranges and tactical training centers :D
Randygmn

Dick's sporting goods

Postby Ironbear on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Haven't bought anything at Dick's, in years, that wasn't on doorbusters

In any case, it is probably better that Dick's doesn't sell any, since in my experience, they barely know which end goes frontward.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby grimbeaver on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:26 pm

Randygmn wrote:Or better yet, indoor gun ranges and tactical training centers :D

I recall hearing the Brooklyn Center mall was used for police training after it closed.
grimbeaver

Postby smurfman on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:22 pm

grimbeaver wrote:
Randygmn wrote:Or better yet, indoor gun ranges and tactical training centers :D

I recall hearing the Brooklyn Center mall was used for police training after it closed.

It provided plenty of "training" when it was open too.

Door buster 9mm ammo with the $5 and $10 off coupons coupled with extra store points to the next coupon made for ammo cheaper than reloading it. Time it with a manufacturer's rebate and you were almost paid to buy it.
smurfman

Previous

Return to In The News