Florida bank shooting victims

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Florida bank shooting victims

Postby brad3579 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:05 pm

I have not heard this kind of talk before.
F'n wackos make me sick.

Sharon Spillane, a neighbor of Xaver, said she did not see him often but that he seemed normal.

"He was just quiet," she said. "I am in shock. ... I never in a million years would have thought he would be that type of person. But he is."

Xaver recently relocated to Florida from Indiana. Alex Gerlach told WSBT-TV in Indiana she had an on-and-off relationship with Xaver for two years and had kept in contact every few months since. She said he often talked about wanting to hurt people.

"I never understood where it started," she told the station. "For some reason (he) always hated people and wanted everyone to die."
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/4-employees-and-1-customer-all-women-idd-as-florida-bank-shooting-victims/ar-BBSFUFE?li=BBnb7Kz

Another article

"He wasn't raised to be like this. He's always been a good kid. He's had his troubles," he told CNN. "But he has never hurt anyone ever before. This is a total shock."

February 20, 2014, incident in which police in Bremen, Indiana, received a call from Bremen High School in reference to a 16-year-old student who had "thoughts of hurting other students."
According to the report, the student said that he had a dream the night before about harming students in a classroom. He then took a nap in the school office and, upon waking, said he had a similar dream. The student was transported to a psychiatric hospital for further care.

2017 incident in which another person reported receiving messages from Zephen that he was considering taking hostages in a suicide-by-cop attempt. Zephen's mother, Misti Hendricks, said she would talk to Zephen and declined police assistance.
https://abc7chicago.com/what-we-know-about-florida-bank-shooting-suspect/5104194/
brad3579

Return to In The News