Boulder Shooting Suspect Charged With Using Large Magazine

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Boulder Shooting Suspect Charged With Using Large Magazine

Postby minnesotatv on Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 am

Colorado prosecutors have filed over 40 more felony charges against the man charged with
killing 10 people at a Boulder supermarket last month — including allegations he used a large
capacity magazine that had been banned by state lawmakers in 2013 in response to mass shootings.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/bould ... d/1018630/
minnesotatv

Re: Boulder Shooting Suspect Charged With Using Large Magazine

Postby LarryFlew on Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:29 pm

Not sure I understand the number when it comes to what they charge someone with. IE the Chauvin case was 3 different murder/manslaughter charges and guily on all 3. There was only one murder so was it manslaughter or murder? Seems to me in days of old the DA had to pick one they thought they could win not pick them all and hope for the best.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:29 pm

minnesotatv wrote:Colorado prosecutors have filed over 40 more felony charges against the man charged with
killing 10 people at a Boulder supermarket last month — including allegations he used a large
capacity magazine that had been banned by state lawmakers in 2013 in response to mass shootings.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/bould ... d/1018630/

Did they ever Establish a motivation for the spree? This disappeared pretty quickly after it started to look like a Jihad against Jewish people.....thereby messing up the narrative....don't understand the mag capacity issue. It's not like it takes much to drop a mag and slap another home....these shooters are rarely under duress from opposition, so they have as much time as they need until PD arrives.......which could be never if you live in a city who just defended their PD..
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Lumpy on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:31 pm

LarryFlew wrote:Not sure I understand the number when it comes to what they charge someone with. IE the Chauvin case was 3 different murder/manslaughter charges and guily on all 3. There was only one murder so was it manslaughter or murder? Seems to me in days of old the DA had to pick one they thought they could win not pick them all and hope for the best.

That's just it, nowadays they can file multiple charges for the same act in case the jury doesn't believe that the defendant qualifies for the most severe charge but agrees the defendant is guilty of a lesser charge. At least in the Chauvin case the sentences would run concurrently, not consecutively.
Lumpy

Postby crbutler on Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:36 pm

Honestly, if this was all the further they went- charging folks who commit crimes with an additional charge of using a high cap magazine, but it was still OK for folks to own them, who cares?

Of course, the charges are kind of pointless, the sorry SOB's in government don't enforce the laws they already have to their full extent, so why bother with a new virtue signal?

Obviously, they DON'T care about stopping gun violence.
crbutler

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:24 am

crbutler wrote:Obviously, they DON'T care about stopping gun violence.

Yes, because gun violence is USEFUL to further their agenda.
Jackpine Savage

Return to In The News