Actor Alec Baldwin Kills One Person, Wounds Another

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Actor Alec Baldwin Kills One Person, Wounds Another

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:06 pm

Plus don’t they have John Keanu Wick out there along with Tarin to teach them Gun safety? Gun people can’t get enough of those operators.
Holland&Holland

Postby Lumpy on Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:29 pm

I don't know why they would even need to use blanks anymore, wouldn't they just add in the sound effects post-production?

Anyway, gun safety 100% the responsibility of the person holding the gun. I would never accept anyone else's word that it was safe.
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:13 pm

Lumpy wrote:I don't know why they would even need to use blanks anymore, wouldn't they just add in the sound effects post-production?

Anyway, gun safety 100% the responsibility of the person holding the gun. I would never accept anyone else's word that it was safe.

???? What movie have you ever watched, in the history of movies, that has ever followed the rules of gun safety?
Holland&Holland

Postby Rowdy Roddy on Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:57 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Rowdy Roddy wrote:
Additional information continues to trickle out in the “Rust” movie on-set shooting death of director of photography Halyna Hutchins and wounding of the film’s director Joel Souza. It seems that Baldwin wore dual hats as both the star as well as the producer of the film. Authorities now acknowledge the obvious: the prop gun “loaded with blanks” was indeed a real gun that was loaded with at least one live round. And there’s more . . .

In movies, the producer supervises all manner of the movie’s production. Again, Baldwin was producing this western period piece. Someone approved the use of live firearms (as opposed to inert prop guns or blank firing replicas) on the set, and the producer – Baldwin -was ultimately responsible for approving that decision either tacitly or directly. And someone on the set brought live ammunition to feed that real firearm, a cardinal safety sin.

As far as a criminal investigation, Yahoo News reported that Baldwin was interrogated by Santa Fe County Sheriff’s investigators and later released. As of now, no criminal charges have been filed . . .

Really, you think he approves it? He doesn’t even know what a real gun is.

Just passing on info, didn't write it nor did I say he was capable.
Rowdy Roddy

Postby xd ED on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:36 am

Total Disaster: We Know What Happened Prior to Alec Baldwin’s Accidental Shooting of Cinematographer - Townhall

...The crew walked off set days before this deadly accident. There were complaints about the hours, the working conditions, paychecks, and safety measures. Since this accidental shooting, there are more leaks than the Iraqi Navy concerning what went down during this shoot. It’s a busted pipe. The prop guns weren’t checked properly—I mean, serious allegations here. Reportedly, nothing was followed per regulations.....
...Safety protocols standard in the industry, including gun inspections, were not strictly followed on the “Rust” set near Santa Fe, the sources said. They said at least one of the camera operators complained last weekend to a production manager about gun safety on the set.

Three crew members who were present at the Bonanza Creek Ranch set on Saturday said they were particularly concerned about two accidental prop gun discharges.

Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks — two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times
“There should have been an investigation into what happened,” the crew member said. “There were no safety meetings. There was no assurance that it wouldn’t happen again. All they wanted to do was rush, rush, rush.”

A colleague was so alarmed by the prop gun misfires that he sent a text message to the unit production manager. “We’ve now had 3 accidental discharges. This is super unsafe,” according to a copy of the message reviewed by The Times.....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:54 am

I saw a video clip of the armorer, she is bizzarro.
Jackpine Savage

Postby BigBlue on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:03 am

Why would any weapon that is capable of holding a live round be on set? And if there is some reason for that, how in the hell would they ever allow live ammo on set?
BigBlue

Postby Lumpy on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:38 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:I saw a video clip of the armorer, she is bizzarro.

Link requested.
Lumpy

Postby Lumpy on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:39 am

BigBlue wrote:Why would any weapon that is capable of holding a live round be on set? And if there is some reason for that, how in the hell would they ever allow live ammo on set?

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.
Lumpy

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:06 am

BigBlue wrote:Why would any weapon that is capable of holding a live round be on set? And if there is some reason for that, how in the hell would they ever allow live ammo on set?

That was my thought, there shouldn't be a live round within 4 miles of that set. Also, plenty of non firing replicas out there . Lots of bad gun handling blame to go around. The excuses are unacceptable. Baldwin loves to preach against the 2nd Amendment but doesn't seem to have an issue making money in movies that use them as a main theme.....hypocrite .
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:30 am

yukonjasper wrote:

That was my thought, there shouldn't be a live round within 4 miles of that set. Also, plenty of non firing replicas out there . Lots of bad gun handling blame to go around. The excuses are unacceptable. Baldwin loves to preach against the 2nd Amendment but doesn't seem to have an issue making money in movies that use them as a main theme.....hypocrite .

That would define Hollywood to a tee.
Holland&Holland

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:41 pm

Lumpy wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:I saw a video clip of the armorer, she is bizzarro.

Link requested.

Several copies of it online now, here's one:
https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status ... 7030245383
grimbeaver

Postby SparkyJeff on Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:10 am

Colion Noir talked about this.

Alec Baldwin Shooting Happened Because He Is Anti-Gun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3vHhnQaryI
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Postby LarryFlew on Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:23 am

Lot of simple truth to his vid.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Lumpy on Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:15 am

yukonjasper wrote:Baldwin loves to preach against the 2nd Amendment but doesn't seem to have an issue making money in movies that use them as a main theme.....hypocrite .

Maybe he's against gun ownership because he presumes that everyone else handles guns as stupidly as he does.
Lumpy

PreviousNext

Return to In The News