Shooting lawsuit charges Gander MT with negligence

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Shooting lawsuit charges Gander MT with negligence

Postby Tommy Gun on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:44 pm

tman wrote:
bstrawse wrote:This in New York State, where he needed a state license to buy and possess anything.

The lawsuit was an interesting read.
b

Umm...Pretty generic...I'm very surprised that Gander is the only defendant here. Shouldn't the venue be named, the group sponsoring the ESL class, and everyone else under the sun?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ CHA-CHING!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My guess is that Gander is the party with the most liability insurance.
When you are on the horns of a dilemma, shoot the bull right between the eyes.
Tommy Gun

Postby bstrawse on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
tman wrote:
bstrawse wrote:This in New York State, where he needed a state license to buy and possess anything.

b

Umm...Pretty generic...I'm very surprised that Gander is the only defendant here. Shouldn't the venue be named, the group sponsoring the ESL class, and everyone else under the sun?

If they're not self-insured. Most large corporations are.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Spartan on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:26 pm

New York and Kalifornia, not a snowball's chance in Hades.

Illinois? You have to beg me to even pass through that state, much less live there.

Massachusetts? Any state that finds the Kennedy family fit to elect isn't of interest to me.

And Wisconsin? ................

From a business standpoint... as for at doing business anyway... New York, California, Illinois and Mass- hysteria are nearly impossible to deal with...... Minnesota is not too far behind either.
Spartan

Postby Tommy Gun on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:35 pm

bstrawse wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:

b

Good point. However, the motive remains the same. Money.

The company stated that before the lawsuit was filed, Fischer (Al-Salihi's lawyer) contacted Gander Mountain “with a demand for payment in exchange for their silence.”

Or, perhaps, it was a simple typo. The had intended to sue the Wong party, but accidentally inserted an "r". :roll:
When you are on the horns of a dilemma, shoot the bull right between the eyes.
Tommy Gun

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:15 pm

I visited the Gander MT in Duluth today. Saw their sign that they allow PTC holders in the store. But I'm not sure I would buy anything from them. Selection wasn't the best, and everything was way over priced! A Taurus TCP same model I bought at my local fleet store was FULL RETAIL at Gander... $339. I got mine for only $229. Every gun there was at least $75-$100 more than what I could buy it locally. Only reason I was in Duluth was my dad had a doc appointment.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby EAJuggalo on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:37 am

That's gander's MO, they get the new people that only know what MSRP is from magazines and have no clue as to actual firearm prices. Same thing with ammo, Gander is generally 4-5 dollars a box higher than most stores and I've seen as much as $10 higher a box.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby Spartan on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:25 pm

That's gander's MO, they get the new people that only know what MSRP is from magazines and have no clue as to actual firearm prices. Same thing with ammo, Gander is generally 4-5 dollars a box higher than most stores and I've seen as much as $10 higher a box.

I dont shop at GM for this reason..... I prefer to support Minnesota Companies... they just make it impossible.
Spartan

Postby Stealthcarry on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:46 am

b[/quote]

My guess is that Gander is the party with the most liability insurance.[/quote]

b[/quote]

Years ago an acquiantance owned a business that was involved in a wrongful death. He was self-insured. His lawyer told him there was not a snowballs chance in hell that anyone would pursue this as his net worth was zip and his biz wasn't worth that on the scrap market. To date, the lawyer was correct. Go figure... :roll:
Hold and die.
Stealthcarry

Previous

Return to In The News