re: Shooting at Holiday Station in Arden Hills

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: re: Shooting at Holiday Station in Arden Hills

Postby LePetomane on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:23 pm

yuppiejr wrote:
photogpat wrote:Domestic violence knows no gender or orientation...

+1... not sure why the sexual orientation of the folks involved matters in any way?

It adds to the sensationalism of the story. Gays are portrayed as anti-gun liberal types and this goes against the stereotype.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby goaliemn on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:26 pm

xd ED wrote:For that reason and the possibility of gays being assaulted, I wonder of there is a greater, albeit under reported interest in firearms among gays.

Yes. The number of people that came up to our pink pistols booth and said they were into guns, but scared to join any group where they could be identified was staggering to me. The traffic to our website and facebook group shows there is quite a bit of interest, more than I expected. Maybe an event like this will bring more out of the gun closet, so to speak.
http://www.mncarrytraining.com
Minnesota Carry Permit Instructor
Check my website for class schedule and fees.
goaliemn

Postby xd ED on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:30 pm

goaliemn wrote:
xd ED wrote:For that reason and the possibility of gays being assaulted, I wonder of there is a greater, albeit under reported interest in firearms among gays.

Yes. The number of people that came up to our pink pistols booth and said they were into guns, but scared to join any group where they could be identified was staggering to me. The traffic to our website and facebook group shows there is quite a bit of interest, more than I expected. Maybe an event like this will bring more out of the gun closet, so to speak.

Identified.... As being gay, or a gun owner?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby photogpat on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:41 pm

xd ED wrote:

Probably a little of column A and a little of column B
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Ghost on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:09 pm

Any news on if they've found the shooter or are making progress?
Ghost

Postby photogpat on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Ghost wrote:Any news on if they've found the shooter or are making progress?

The sister is worried her brother is going to end up dead somewhere...
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby LePetomane on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:35 pm

photogpat wrote:
xd ED wrote:

Probably a little of column A and a little of column B

Both. Liberals have always stereotyped the gay community as their own, that they should march in step and buy into all of their policies and see themselves as victims. They see other perceived minorities this way as well. They don't think that any minority community can think for themselves and know what is best for them. Therefore the pious liberals feel the need to do all of the thinking for them. When one of them leaves the "plantation" they call out the troops and begin to demonize them. I don't consider this shooter part of the firearms community as he is a criminal first. I don't think the media will see it the same.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby LePetomane on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:22 am

Has this killer been caught yet? I have not seen anything in the local media to suggest that he has. Pretty scary that a killer is still on the loose.
LePetomane

Postby mrp on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:43 am

LePetomane wrote:I don't consider this shooter part of the firearms community as he is a criminal first.

Yeah, he's definitely not a true Scotsman. :roll:
mrp

Postby xd ED on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:56 am

LePetomane wrote:Has this killer been caught yet? I have not seen anything in the local media to suggest that he has. Pretty scary that a killer is still on the loose.

Last I heard there were different groups working on reward money for the capture and arrest of the guy (whose name at present escapes me).
I'll venture that he's long gone; either geographically, or mortally.

ETA:

Arden Hills shooting death suspect on 'Wanted' poster
The man suspected of gunning down his former partner at an Arden Hills gas station before fleeing may be using various social media sites to help evade capture....

LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LePetomane on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:59 pm

It is ironic that Joan and Heather and their bullies in the legislature have been pretty quiet. They don't want anyone with any record whaatsoever, be it unpaid parking tickets or jaywalking to own firearms. Why are they silent about gays owning guns? I would think that this incident would prompt a response like, "gays shouldn't own guns."
LePetomane

Postby mrp on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:37 pm

LePetomane wrote:It is ironic that Joan and Heather and their bullies in the legislature have been pretty quiet. They don't want anyone with any record whaatsoever, be it unpaid parking tickets or jaywalking to own firearms. Why are they silent about gays owning guns? I would think that this incident would prompt a response like, "gays shouldn't own guns."

Do you find it ironic that they don't demand that men not own firearms because a man commits a crime? Or all blacks, whites, women, tall people, or lefties be banned when a member of one of those groups commits a crime?

One of these is a choice:

Being gay.
Jaywalking

Protip: It's jaywalking.
mrp

Postby LePetomane on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:35 am

I don't think their lack of response in this has anything to do with whether being gay is a choice. Liberals are collectivists. They do not see people as individual. They see people as victims or victimizers and see themselves as champions of the oppressed. They corral certain groups of people into categories and then treat them as oppressed victims. That is how they see the gay community. They not dare offend them.
LePetomane

Postby Ghost on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:05 pm

Ghost

Postby LePetomane on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:42 pm

I hear his rainbow .45 cal Glock is missing.
LePetomane

Previous

Return to In The News