NRA Has Lost Over a Million Members Since Corruption Allegat

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: NRA Has Lost Over a Million Members Since Corruption Allegat

Postby crbutler on Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:27 am

Faribault has a NRA requirement as well- due to buying range insurance through them, I think.

My issue with all of the gun lobby groups is the payment of executives. The NRA is the rotten apple of the bunch, but they all probably pay their leadership well and give bonuses.

LaPierre is a problem. If he was a true believer, he would have retired/resigned long ago to help the cause.

I’m not donating more to the NRA until he’s gone, and I’d really like to see substantial corporate management changes, such as a truly independent and responsible BOD… but just WLP being outed would be enough to seem like the grassroots are being listened to.
crbutler

Postby Erud on Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:43 am

crbutler wrote:Faribault has a NRA requirement as well- due to buying range insurance through them, I think.

My issue with all of the gun lobby groups is the payment of executives. The NRA is the rotten apple of the bunch, but they all probably pay their leadership well and give bonuses.

LaPierre is a problem. If he was a true believer, he would have retired/resigned long ago to help the cause.

I’m not donating more to the NRA until he’s gone, and I’d really like to see substantial corporate management changes, such as a truly independent and responsible BOD… but just WLP being outed would be enough to seem like the grassroots are being listened to.

I seriously doubt we will see a post-WLP NRA. He intends to ride it all the way under the waves, and that isn't likely to take much longer.
Erud

Postby bstrawse on Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:31 pm

crbutler wrote:Faribault has a NRA requirement as well- due to buying range insurance through them, I think.

I'm the Chair and President of the MN Gun Owners Caucus and I'm a volunteer.

Rob is an officer and board member (and our current only full time employee) and makes far less then he should.

Our other employees are part time and hourly.

This is similar at the Firearms Policy Coalition and the 2nd Amendment Foundation.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby warrlac on Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:34 pm

bstrawse wrote:

I'm the Chair and President of the MN Gun Owners Caucus and I'm a volunteer.

Rob is an officer and board member (and our current only full time employee) and makes far less then he should.

Our other employees are part time and hourly.

This is similar at the Firearms Policy Coalition and the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

I can't think of anyplace better to send one's pro-2A donations that MNGOC. For a small team they are remarkably effective and visible to not only the anti-gun press, but also to the most important group -- Minnesota Lawmakers.

I'm a 2nd Amendment Defender which means I have authorized a monthly donation to MNGOC until I decide not to. And I'm thinking of increasing it... Check out their win for MN 18-20 year olds in the Minnesota courts.
warrlac

Previous

Return to In The News