I am VERY curious. Are any of you at all baffled by Boston?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Re: I am VERY curious. Are any of you at all baffled by Bos

Postby dismal on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 pm

PaperPuncher wrote:
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was so desperate to escape he ran over his brother as he lay wounded.

Was he desperate to escape, or just doing his captured brother a favor?

Sent using Tapatalk.
dismal

Re: I am VERY curious. Are any of you at all baffled by Boston?

Postby Hmac on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:30 pm

MNHandK wrote:I heard the neck wound was self inflicted.. Tried to kill himself and the bullet went through the back of his neck?

I read that too. I also read he was swearing a blue streak in the ambulance as he was being transported, and I noted in one particular photo that he wasn't intubated at the scene, indicating that his airway was pretty much secure, which in turn indicates that his voice box is OK. I suspect he'll be able to talk just fine once he's extubated.

Hmac

Postby Hmac on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:38 pm

PaperPuncher wrote:I am reporting what the Doctor working on him said to the press. This is not personal conjecture. Evidently you are missing or skipping ahead and not seeing posts that were specifically put here for you to read:

The doctors from the hospital have stated that they don't think he will ever speak as a result of the wounds from the firefight.

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-mayor-says ... 54409.html

Where's the statement from the doctor that you referenced?. The article you quote only refers to information from the Mayor and a Senator.
Hmac

Postby NMRMN on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Here's another angle: Double Agents...

The conclusion reached by DEBKAfile’s counterterrorism and intelligence sources is that the brothers were double agents, hired by US and Saudi intelligence to penetrate the Wahhabi jihadist networks which, helped by Saudi financial institutions, had spread across the restive Russian Caucasian.

read more: http://www.debka.com/article/22914/The- ... error-trap
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby Heffay on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:50 pm

NMRMN wrote:Here's another angle: Double Agents...

The conclusion reached by DEBKAfile’s counterterrorism and intelligence sources is that the brothers were double agents, hired by US and Saudi intelligence to penetrate the Wahhabi jihadist networks which, helped by Saudi financial institutions, had spread across the restive Russian Caucasian.

read more: http://www.debka.com/article/22914/The- ... error-trap

You post the craziest stuff. You ever think about vetting some of it before throwing it out here?

My new nickname for you will be CNNMRMN.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby NMRMN on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Heffay wrote:You post the craziest stuff. You ever think about vetting some of it before throwing it out here?

Its just an angle...

Nobody knows much at this point. And I think its smart to be critical of whatever we are 'told'.

I think the article is worth consideration: can't say I am convinced though.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby DoxaPar on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Meh, the events of the bombing don't worry me half as much as the events after the bombing.
DoxaPar

Postby NMRMN on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:58 pm

DoxaPar wrote:Meh, the events of the bombing don't worry me half as much as the events after the bombing.

I think thats what this thread is really getting at...
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby xd ED on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:09 pm

NMRMN wrote:
DoxaPar wrote:Meh, the events of the bombing don't worry me half as much as the events after the bombing.

I think thats what this thread is really getting at...

I see two distinct threats in the offing:

More TSA/ DHS intrusions/ infringements

Every wannabe terrorist seeing how easy it was to tie up a major city.

This was an undeniable tragedy, by despicable thugs, but nothing like the casualties at the fertilizer plant in TX, for convenient comparison, or the daily slaughter on the roadways.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby jgalt on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:12 pm

^^^ This ^^^
jgalt

I am VERY curious. Are any of you at all baffled by Boston?

Postby jshuberg on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:44 pm

The FBI cannot prevent crime from occurring. Anyone who thinks they can is delusional. Yes, they can on occasion identify ongoing criminal operations, or respond to citizen tips, and prevent a specific crime from occurring, but they cannot, in general, prevent crime. The FBI is primarily tasked with investigating crimes that have already occurred, and to enforce the law by arresting criminals.

If you are asking why the FBI wasn't able to prevent this specific crime, it's likely one of two things:

1) there wasn't sufficient evidence that a crime of violence was imminent, and so no resources were allocated to these guys.

2) there should have been resources allocated to monitoring these guys, but someone at the FBI was human and dropped the ball.

These things are going to happen. There are going to be evil people, and they are going to do evil things and kill innocent people. We can try to prevent it, and we may succeed at it from time to time, but we are also going to fail at it from time to time. IMHO the best thing we can do when something like this happens, is to learn from it and add it to our ever growing knowledge base if how bad guys do things, and then return to business as usual as quickly as possible. We should not pass knee jerk legislation, or surrender our freedoms or liberties to the myth of security. We will never get our liberty back, and security is nothing more than an illusion.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby PaperPuncher on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:03 pm

We will never get our liberty back, and security is nothing more than an illusion.

You are absolutely right and I think that is what I am most disturbed about...the loss of what we had before 9/11, et al. The peace we had in America has been ruptured and probably is, unrepairable.
PaperPuncher

Postby goda0301 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:31 pm

i to am curious... show the damn tapes.

Media is more to blame for this cluster-F than anyone one else... radical musliums could careless what we do, think, or say. Some media networks were calling for Israeli type of security for the USA from this point on, but as soon as everyone figured out what type of background these losers were magically those proposals were never brought up again...

it doesnt matter if you have the grades to get into the FBI some are still dumb as Phuck.

https://vine.co/v/bU6YvrOvnvx

On Meet the Press this morning the Governor Deval Patrick stated that he didnt SEE the video but was told all the details and he then spits out the details as if he was the camera man and that it clearly shows everything... really WTF

I seen alot of people saying that the gov. set this all up, I am not saying that at all but heres a link to an interesting story.

http://wideshut.co.uk/mystery-military- ... ssibility/

I dono im not the tin foil hat type but something smells alittle fishy or is that the taco bell I ate last night...

everyone i know, is on the same page as me... buy as much ammo and as many firearms as you can at this point. We are one shooting or bombing away from scchit really hitting the fan...
goda0301

Postby goda0301 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:57 pm

I try not to speculate any point actually, however we have the royal Saudi suspect shipped out. WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, and WHY?!!! i just wish once that F-ing media would do there job.
goda0301

Postby xd ED on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:02 pm

goda0301 wrote:I try not to speculate any point actually, however we have the royal Saudi suspect shipped out. WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, and WHY?!!! i just wish once that F-ing media would do there job.

The deported Saudi is intriguing. Whether he is a direct suspect is unclear, but something's going on
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

PreviousNext

Return to In The News