British man hacked to death

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: British man hacked to death

Postby mn4wheeler on Thu May 23, 2013 11:16 pm

religion of peace my ass..
mn4wheeler

Postby Heffay on Thu May 23, 2013 11:22 pm

mn4wheeler wrote:religion of peace my ass..

Are we allowed to judge an entire group of people based on the actions of a few now?

Tell me more about yourself.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby bensdad on Thu May 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Only the most gullible and willfully ignorant still buy that crap. I suspect there's also the crowd that fears being accused of political/social bias or insensitivity also, but they don't really buy it... they just feel obligated to continue pretending.
I got nothin'
bensdad

Postby infidel on Thu May 23, 2013 11:53 pm

Religion of pieces.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby bensdad on Thu May 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Know Islam, no peace. No Islam, know peace.
I got nothin'
bensdad

Postby tman on Fri May 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Heffay wrote:

Are we allowed to judge an entire group of people based on the actions of a few now?

I have to ask, Heffay:

How many events like this one, and hi-jackings, bombings, that you aware of, were perpetrated by other-than Muslim bad guys on BEHALF of their religion? I'll wait..
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Heffay on Fri May 24, 2013 12:19 pm

tman wrote:How many events like this one, and hi-jackings, bombings, that you aware of, were perpetrated by other-than Muslim bad guys on BEHALF of their religion? I'll wait..

How is this relevant to the fact that you're applying the actions of radicals to every member of the religion?

Shall I attribute the actions of the Westboro Baptists to your church? Why do you believe God gave our enemies IEDs; to punish us for supporting gay rights?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby tman on Fri May 24, 2013 12:45 pm

Heffay wrote:
tman wrote:How many events like this one, and hi-jackings, bombings, that you aware of, were perpetrated by other-than Muslim bad guys on BEHALF of their religion? I'll wait..

How is this relevant to the fact that you're applying the actions of radicals to every member of the religion?

Shall I attribute the actions of the Westboro Baptists to your church? Why do you believe God gave our enemies IEDs; to punish us for supporting gay rights?

Nah, I'm not a member of that Church. However, if I were, I think you could make assumptions on my feelings toward gays.

That aside, I assumed you'd jump on me for a blanket statement condemning Muslims. Maybe I should ask a clarifying question: Why is it that Muslims account for near 100% of the terror activity on the planet?
tman

Postby Heffay on Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 pm

tman wrote:Nah, I'm not a member of that Church. However, if I were, I think you could make assumptions on my feelings toward gays.

The point is all you Christians hate gays and think God is punishing America for tolerating them. That's the exact same position you're taking regarding Muslims: their religion is violent and therefore... I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. There are millions of them in America that don't go around daily chopping the heads off of soldiers here. Where is the violence in their violent religion?

That aside, I assumed you'd jump on me for a blanket statement condemning Muslims. Maybe I should ask a clarifying question: Why is it that Muslims account for near 100% of the terror activity on the planet?

Why is it that African Americans account for a large percentage of the crime committed in America, far higher that their proportion of the overall population? Are they inherently more violent than white people?

This is what Islam means to me:

Heffay

Postby tman on Fri May 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Heffay wrote:
Why is it that African Americans account for a large percentage of the crime committed in America, far higher that their proportion of the overall population? Are they inherently more violent than white people?

This is what Islam means to me:

[img]

All mis- and redirecting aside, I'd sure like to hear your answer to my question. We can deal with minority-on-minority crime in a different thread.
tman

Postby Heffay on Fri May 24, 2013 1:06 pm

tman wrote:All mis- and redirecting aside, I'd sure like to hear your answer to my question. We can deal with minority-on-minority crime in a different thread.

Fine. The issue is that there is a significant number of radicals who use Islam as the basis for their actions. This will change over time though. Hearts and minds. It's a battle to make sure that the underlying reasons people become radicalized in the first place go away. And that underlying reason isn't "Islam is a religion of violence."

People moderate. Otherwise we could use the Crusades as an example about how Christianity is a religion of war and violence as well. However, these days it's moderated enough that we don't have that many Christian terrorists.

The problem isn't Islam. It's radicals. If the problem was Islam, then EVERY Muslim would be a problem.
Heffay

British man hacked to death

Postby connsolo on Fri May 24, 2013 2:31 pm

Both were armed, one even had a firearm, and they beheaded the guy. Remember when that thug mugged a lady at cub foods? A bystander chased after him. Thug points gun at good samaritan. Good guy draws and shoots. Cops find it justified. I think they said something that amounted to chasing a crook and conducting a citizens arrest is a reasonable action. The guy happened to be carrying and shot thug only when thug pointed gun at him. In this case, interrupting two guys beheading someone sounds like a reasonable thing to do. If they threaten your life, doesn't defending yourself seem reasonable as well?
connsolo

Postby TommyMN on Fri May 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Heffay wrote:

By the actions of millions of Muslims that support killing, raping, and torturing others and their own. Read the Quran. Or shut the **** up.
TommyMN

Postby TommyMN on Fri May 24, 2013 4:54 pm

bensdad wrote:Know Islam, no peace. No Islam, know peace.

Exactly right here
TommyMN

Postby TommyMN on Fri May 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Heffay wrote:
tman wrote:All mis- and redirecting aside, I'd sure like to hear your answer to my question. We can deal with minority-on-minority crime in a different thread.

Fine. The issue is that there is a significant number of radicals who use Islam as the basis for their actions. This will change over time though. Hearts and minds. It's a battle to make sure that the underlying reasons people become radicalized in the first place go away. And that underlying reason isn't "Islam is a religion of violence."

People moderate. Otherwise we could use the Crusades as an example about how Christianity is a religion of war and violence as well. However, these days it's moderated enough that we don't have that many Christian terrorists.

The problem isn't Islam. It's radicals. If the problem was Islam, then EVERY Muslim would be a problem.

Says a guy who's never read the Quran. Everything you say here is google searches for two minutes ********. There's over a hundred on verses on killing other religions.
TommyMN

PreviousNext

Return to In The News