George Zimmerman - Florida Unarmed Teen Shooting

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby illbits on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:28 am

JeremiahMN wrote:
Mdclinks wrote:
How did she know that it was smacked out of his hand and he didn't drop it before he attacked Zimmerman from behind?

Well her story is that Treyvon was telling her that this guy was following him, and that he didn't know where he went . She told him to run, he said he was just going to walk fast and then the phone went to the ground, etc... but again, lets not worry about what she said, it's obviously the victims fault here. He didn't have a permit to carry, and also wasn't a neighborhood watch captain either.

It's true, obviously the blunt smoking burglar who was suspended from school must have been the victim with the perfect background. This is obvious because he had Skittles and tasted the rainbow from a crackers PF-9.
illbits

Re: George Zimmerman - Florida Unarmed Teen Shooting

Postby JeremiahMN on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:33 am

photogpat wrote:
JeremiahMN wrote:
photogpat wrote:Zimmerman's call on the 911 tape apparently ended with him no longer following after Trayvon - as evidenced by the wind noise, then lack there of as he returned to his vehicle. I didn't see his call as particularly damning...just somebody trying to see where a "suspicious" guy had darted off to.

Actually per zimmerman it was that "**** coon" that was looking suspicious. :roll:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogal ... von-Martin

You listen to the call? Exactly what timestamp does he call him a **** coon? I'm curious and want to listen to it for a fourth time, I haven't heard that in the call yet.

On that particular clip between 1:52 and 1:54.... right before the person on the other end asks him if he was following him.
JeremiahMN

Postby photogpat on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:40 am

JeremiahMN wrote:On that particular clip between 1:52 and 1:54.... right before the person on the other end asks him if he was following him.

Yeah, so I watched the CNN edit. I leave that one for the courts to decide. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cnn-iso ... ry-likely/
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby illbits on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:41 am

JeremiahMN wrote:On that particular clip between 1:52 and 1:54.... right before the person on the other end asks him if he was following him.

You know, the part where the sound experts can't confirm anything was even said but Jerimiah can clearly hear the word coon, not goon.
illbits

Postby JeremiahMN on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:45 am

illbits wrote:

You know, the part where the sound experts can't confirm anything was even said but Jerimiah can clearly hear the word coon, not goon.

What sound experts are you referring too?
JeremiahMN

Postby Squib Joe on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:52 am

photogpat wrote:
JeremiahMN wrote:
photogpat wrote:Zimmerman's call on the 911 tape apparently ended with him no longer following after Trayvon - as evidenced by the wind noise, then lack there of as he returned to his vehicle. I didn't see his call as particularly damning...just somebody trying to see where a "suspicious" guy had darted off to.

Actually per zimmerman it was that "**** coon" that was looking suspicious. :roll:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogal ... von-Martin

You listen to the call? Exactly what timestamp does he call him a **** coon? I'm curious and want to listen to it for a fourth time, I haven't heard that in the call yet.

Sounded like "******* punks" to me
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Pinnacle on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:52 am

Rule #1 - There is a dead kid here right wrong or indifferent - let's not belittle that fact. If it were one of our kids, we would be a wreck and perhaps do/say some things and be persuaded to do/say things by others that we might not normally do. I never want to be in that position, ever.

The loss of a kid is a BAD thing, and anyone dancing in this kids blood should be ashamed (especially anyone making political hay out of this tragedy from either side of the issue)

Under the law, Zimmerman may havebeen justified in using the force appropriate to end a conflict where his life was in danger, but remember that there is always a price to pay, even if you may be right.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby illbits on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:05 pm

JeremiahMN wrote:What sound experts are you referring too?

The ones who testified at Zimmerman's trial before we was convicted of murder and hate crimes.
illbits

Postby Pezhead on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:59 pm

It looks like it's causing infighting to some extent with our own.
Are they using this for there advatage?
Pezhead

Postby illbits on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Pezhead wrote:It looks like it's causing infighting to some extent with our own.
Are they using this for there advatage?

They're always after the low hanging fruit.
illbits

Postby tman on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:19 pm

JeremiahMN wrote:

I've listened to that clip several times. It can sound a lot like "**** coons". It can sound like "funny cones".

I've also heard "Srawberry Fields" played backwards and heard, "I buried Paul." :roll:

The strange thing about these events....regardless of anyone's bigotry, or not-bigotry, they are entitled to defend themselves.

It wasn't that long ago that people here were bashing a MN permit holder who shot and killed a person who had robbed someone else. Several people, before the facts came out, were absolutely CERTAIN he had violated the law and would most absolutely be charged. How did that ultimately resolve?

Those of us who teach PTC classes tell our students to shut the **** up and not talk to the police without a lawyer; don't give interviews or press releases. Now, when someone seems to have followed that advice, everyone wants to jump on his s***.

To those of you who are certain that Zimmerman has committed an unjustified homicide, if you carry a pistol for self-defense, THIS COULD BE YOU TOMORROW. The circumstances may be a little different, but all this hate and "certainty" could be directed at you. Maybe you should stop carrying today.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby illbits on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:25 pm

tman wrote:I've listened to that clip several times. It can sound a lot like "**** coons". It can sound like "funny cones".

I've also heard "Srawberry Fields" played backwards and heard, "I buried Paul." :roll:

The strange thing about these events....regardless of anyone's bigotry, or not-bigotry, they are entitled to defend themselves.

It wasn't that long ago that people here were bashing a MN permit holder who shot and killed a person who had robbed someone else. Several people, before the facts came out, were absolutely CERTAIN he had violated the law and would most absolutely be charged. How did that ultimately resolve?

Those of us who teach PTC classes tell our students to shut the **** up and not talk to the police without a lawyer; don't give interviews or press releases. Now, when someone seems to have followed that advice, everyone wants to jump on his s***.

To those of you who are certain that Zimmerman has committed an unjustified homicide, if you carry a pistol for self-defense, THIS COULD BE YOU TOMORROW. The circumstances may be a little different, but all this hate and "certainty" could be directed at you. Maybe you should stop carrying today.
I couldn't agree more. Thanks Tman.
illbits

Postby MadTalon on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:04 pm

I don't understand how anyone can formulate an opinion based solely on the coverage of likely corrupted news media. As for the "f'ing coon" enhanced whisper, how do you know he didn't spot some raccoon knocking over some garbage cans or have you ever watched ghost adventures (EVP)? All of the coverage seems to be pretty one sided with a lot of speculative hearsay. I feel for the parents of this young man Trayvon and I also feel for Zimmerman and his family, as a permit holder I struggle with the idea of ever having to use my firearm to defend my family or myself. Also 17y.o's are very capable of doing very bad things so lets wait on all of the facts instead of drawing our own conclusions. As firearm owners it could be you having to hide from an attackers friends or family and as the firearm owner you would be guilty until proven innocent in the eyes of those who do not understand your right to protect yourself and your family. Furthermore, god forbid you ever have to bury one of your children anyway you look at it this is a tragedy.
MadTalon

Postby ex-LT on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:05 pm

tman wrote:I've listened to that clip several times. It can sound a lot like "**** coons". It can sound like "funny cones".

ejsg19 ain't gonna like it, but it appears he has been replaced as the VoR.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Pinnacle on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:28 pm

shadeslanding wrote:A real tragedy eh? Trayvon's mother is now attempting to trademark protest phrases.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/03/tr ... rases.html

As a tiny and HIGHLY optimistic ray of hope - to keep others from using his name? Doubtful

For Profit = Likely.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

PreviousNext

Return to In The News