Ferguson

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Ferguson

Postby tenmilmag on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 pm

To a Protect & Serve. What a crock! Multiple buildings and rows of cars burned to the ground. They could not have planned better and kept this from happening. Sad. They sure protected their police dept. Couldn't go much further than down the block tho. "Last night was a tragedy but we won't let it happen again". Right :( Just like yesterday, breaking news since 12 noon. Verdict not released until 9PM. But don't worry, we'll be ready tonight. Sounds more like an invitation or a dare. Good Luck Ferguson.
tenmilmag

Postby smurfman on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:30 pm

I wonder if waiting to release the verdict was not to allow workers in the area to leave before mayhem broke out. I would absolutely hate to have shown up to work yesterday morning only to have the verdict released at noon and riots break out a few minutes later. Somehow, I don't see many employers hiring enough security to make a reasonable attempt at protecting the employees in such a situation.
smurfman

Postby MXGreg on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:38 pm

smurfman wrote:I wonder if waiting to release the verdict was not to allow workers in the area to leave before mayhem broke out. I would absolutely hate to have shown up to work yesterday morning only to have the verdict released at noon and riots break out a few minutes later. Somehow, I don't see many employers hiring enough security to make a reasonable attempt at protecting the employees in such a situation.

Also allowed time to make sure the school children were at home.
MXGreg

Postby my1stpistol on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:58 pm

Was state police or National Guard called or there does anyone know?
PRIOR PROPER PLANNING PREVENTS PISS POOR PERFORMANCE. Seems that we have not learned this yet
my1stpistol

Postby cobb on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:08 pm

MXGreg wrote:
smurfman wrote:I wonder if waiting to release the verdict was not to allow workers in the area to leave before mayhem broke out. I would absolutely hate to have shown up to work yesterday morning only to have the verdict released at noon and riots break out a few minutes later. Somehow, I don't see many employers hiring enough security to make a reasonable attempt at protecting the employees in such a situation.

Also allowed time to make sure the school children were at home.

I was wondering why so late, to me that almost invited trouble. But announcing at a later time in the day, with prior warning, that would give the majority of the people the opportunity to be home and hopefully away from the trouble.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:58 pm

(sigh)....time to give up delivery pizza and move to the vast deserts of TX or AZ far, far, FAR away from people. :cry:
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Grayskies on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:09 pm

Legal scholars praise ferguson grand jury for fairness beyond the norm.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -fairness/
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby tenmilmag on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Peaceful protesting is boring. Geez :(
tenmilmag

Postby Spartan on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:03 am

Remain calm there is no reason to panic..... yet
Spartan

Postby Grayskies on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:36 am

Fox news says it went violent again. I don't know whether to feel sorry for them or not. Their cause is not just, they are burning minority owed businesses, they are being used (imo) by the likes of sharpton, the liberial news media and others.

What will they have accomplished by all this? Their business area will be a rune hurting those minority owners and their employees. Some will be on vacation at the glamorous and platial greybar hotel and spa. They will have lost any support from people that have a brain and use it.

Come to think of it, has anything positive come from rioting/looting in recent times?

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:49 am

You people seem surprised by all this. We have in this country an entire political machine which feeds into and off of this kind of strife. The president and his minions have no desire to fix or calm this situation, they derive power from it. Likewise race hustlers like Je$$ie and Al have no solutions even if they wanted to solve it, they'll make millions off this.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Grayskies on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:18 am

No, not surprised, it is just hard to understand how people can be so blind, out of control, and easily lead. Such a lack of critical thinking and logic skills, people screaming for the blood of another whose only crime was that he defended himself.

These people are Alien to me, it is hard for me to ascertain a motive for their destructive rampage as there seems no boon for them. Their leaders benefit, they seem vampiric in that they make their living off these people sucking them dry then moving on to the next group. These people are left to their burnt out neighborhoods, nothing will change, there is only the slight chance of a pyrrhic victory.

I doubt that I will ever understand this behavior, though I do try.

Edit: Spelling...
Last edited by Grayskies on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:43 am

Grayskies wrote:No, not surprised, it is just hard to understand how people can be so blind, out of control, and easily lead. Such a lack of critical thinking and logic skills, people sceaming for the blood of another whose only crime was that he defended himself.

These people are Alien to me, it is hard for me to ascertain a motive for their destructive rampage as there seems no boon for them. Their leaders benefit, they seem vampiric in that they make their living off these people sucking them dry then moving on to the next group. These people are left to their burnt out neighborhoods, nothing will change, there is only the slight chance of a pyrrhic victory.

You do realize you pretty much summed up an Obama voter?
Ghost

Postby 20mm on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:55 am

Ghost wrote:
Grayskies wrote:No, not surprised, it is just hard to understand how people can be so blind, out of control, and easily lead. Such a lack of critical thinking and logic skills, people sceaming for the blood of another whose only crime was that he defended himself.

You do realize you pretty much summed up an Obama voter?

And anyone who voted for McCain.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby Lumpy on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:42 am

Grayskies wrote:Legal scholars praise ferguson grand jury for fairness beyond the norm.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -fairness/

Kinda strange- people are claiming that the prosecution was botched simply because it was fair, instead of the usual "go for the throat" DA tactics. What does this say about our criminal justice system? :cry:

I'll say this much: whatever happened during the shooting, the reaction reveals a serious distrust between the mostly black population of Ferguson and its mostly white police force. Ferguson desperately needs a more representative police force, because as it now stands the police are regarded more as an occupying army than a civil constabulary based on Peelian principles.
Lumpy

PreviousNext

Return to In The News