BLM stand-off in Nevada...close to 'war' or 'Range War'

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby xd ED on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:50 pm

I think I understand whats being said here, but I seriously doubt that when either side were 'scoping-out' the opposition, or anyone else present, the safety was off and their finger on the trigger. I believe rule 2 was violated by both sides.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: BLM stand-off in Nevada...close to 'war' or 'Range War'

Postby jgalt on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:33 pm

old guy wrote:Ya'll just don't get it, they are not violateing rule#2

John

We do get it, we're simply working under a different assumption that you... :roll:
jgalt

Postby Hmac on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:07 am

This Bundy character is a real charmer. Certainly media-savvy.......

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/politics/polit ... ace-n88556

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”
Hmac

Postby Randygmn on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Hmac wrote:This Bundy character is a real charmer. Certainly media-savvy.......

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/politics/polit ... ace-n88556

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Aren't you a bit curious about what comes before "I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro"? It certainly implies there more to it, right? Where's the intellectual curiosity? Well, before that sentence, he talks about how we should be helping the Mexicans and blacks.
http://www.inquisitr.com/1224556/cliven ... interview/

Here's the hour long video, in its entirety.
Randygmn

Postby ericinmn1970 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:13 pm

My personal interest in this story had nothing to do with who the Bundy's were; and everything to do with whether or not our government was overstepping their boundaries. Whether or not Cliven Bundy is a racist has zero impact on that.
"The man who lies asleep will never waken fame, and his desire and all his life drift past him like a dream, and the traces of his memory fade from time like smoke in air, or ripples on a stream." -Dante Alighieri
ericinmn1970

Postby xd ED on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:14 pm

I'm not going to spend an hour listening to him, nor will I defend him, nor find his beliefs relevant to his rights to liberty and property.
I will propose that perhaps .gov knew who they were dealing with when then spun up this debacle. They(and the media) got their poster boy
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Mn01r6 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:25 pm

I would respond that perhaps we should've known who he was before we spun up in defense of him. Like I said a few pages ago there's a reason the NAACP chose Rosa Parks. I couldn't have summed it up any better than what you just said. They are playing chess and we are playing checkers.
Mn01r6

Postby xd ED on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Mn01r6 wrote:I would respond that perhaps we should've known who he was before we spun up in defense of him. Like I said a few pages ago there's a reason the NAACP chose Rosa Parks. I couldn't have summed it up any better than what you just said. They are playing chess and we are playing checkers.

This is the second time today I've seen Rosa Parks brought into the discussion. Earlier Glenn Beck was comparing the acomplishments of Parks, MLK, and their related civil rights achievements to those of the more militant black panthers, nation of islam, etc...
Now it's possible Bundy is not as tone deaf and and ignorant as he's been made to appear, but again, that's irrelevant, and what's done is done.
Hopefully a lesson learned for some.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby captnviper on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Mn01r6 wrote:I would respond that perhaps we should've known who he was before we spun up in defense of him. Like I said a few pages ago there's a reason the NAACP chose Rosa Parks. I couldn't have summed it up any better than what you just said. They are playing chess and we are playing checkers.

Again you state "we" whom are referring to? Nobody is asking you to defend anything you don't want to. I myself find the fact the federal government owns so much land atrocious. Do you not feel the same way?
"It's better to have a gun and need it then not have one and not need it" Ricky.
captnviper

Postby Mn01r6 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:53 pm

captnviper wrote:

Again you state "we" whom are referring to? Nobody is asking you to defend anything you don't want to. I myself find the fact the federal government owns so much land atrocious. Do you not feel the same way?

Oh I absolutely feel the same way. But you need to recognize there is a difference between Claudette Clovin and Rosa Parks. There is a reason the NAACP didn't press their case with Clovin and moved with Parks. The reason is simple: you need a victim that is sympathetic to the masses. You need someone whose plight can't be dismissed by the masses because of some character flaw or imperfection. An unmarried pregnant black teenager was not a sympathetic victim in the civil rights era and a racist welfare rancher that does not recognize the United States federal government is not a sympathetic victim today.

Checkers/Chess
Mn01r6

Postby Hmac on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:57 pm

Randygmn wrote:Aren't you a bit curious about what comes before "I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro"? It certainly implies there more to it, right? Where's the intellectual curiosity? Well, before that sentence, he talks about how we should be helping the Mexicans and blacks.
http://www.inquisitr.com/1224556/cliven ... interview/

Here's the hour long video, in its entirety.

Nah. I think his statement above pretty much establishes his level of compassion and intelligence, as well as his attitudes on racial equality. He's rendered himself totally useless as any kind of standard-bearer for land-use rights abuses by the Federal government because that has become the focus of the story. Any political support he might have had before is evaporating before our eyes as his previous allies can't distance themselves fast enough.
Hmac

Postby LePetomane on Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Instead of ignoring the guy the Republican Party can't distance themselves from him fast enough. They have allowed the Dems to rewrite the history of civil rights and then buy into it themselves.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby gunsmith on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:06 pm

His biggest booster, Sean Hannity was sprinting away from him as fast as possible. Bundy has a large hole in his foot.
gunsmith

Postby MXGreg on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:53 pm

Bundy should have just stuck to the topic that put him in the spotlight. I've checked out what all he said and I don't feel he is a racist, but that doesn't matter. Republicans are already being blasted for not denouncing what he said fast enough. Harry Reid can now send in his goon squad and nobody will do a thing about it for fear of also being labled a racist. Sad, big lose for the american people, big win for Harry Reid and the democrats.
MXGreg

Postby gunsmith on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:28 pm

MXGreg wrote:Bundy should have just stuck to the topic that put him in the spotlight. I've checked out what all he said and I don't feel he is a racist, but that doesn't matter. Republicans are already being blasted for not denouncing what he said fast enough. Harry Reid can now send in his goon squad and nobody will do a thing about it for fear of also being labled a racist. Sad, big lose for the american people, big win for Harry Reid and the democrats.

The guy is just an old fart that isn't used to being around 'City Slickers' He actually used the term 'The Negro" TOTALLY ARCHAIC but I don't think he was being.....disrespectful....he just 'doesn't get out much'

I can just imagine what the Hyenas at MSNBC are squealing about.... This is what they call 'Talking after the Sale' Quit while you're ahead....the guy was deemed a Hero and now his viewed as THE GRAND WIZARD OF THE KKK. What a waste....maybe Joe Biden will chime in and put his own boot up his own ass.

gunsmith

PreviousNext

Return to In The News