"Miss Me Yet?" - billboard appears in MN

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

"Miss Me Yet?" - billboard appears in MN

Postby ex-LT on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:20 am

http://news.puggal.com/bush-billboard-miss-me-yet-22356/

In Minnesota a mysterious billboard of the former U.S president George W Bush has appeared asking “Miss me yet?” near the town of Wyoming, Minnesota, next to the I-35. A larger poster of the George W Bush shows him waving the line “Miss me yet?” This billboard of the former U.S president has caused a sensation on the Internet. On the Internet the photos of the poster in a snowy field have been passed. An unimpeachable source: Minnesota Public Radio presenter Bob Collins has confirmed its existence. Some people are suspecting that it is a clear GOP Photoshop cut-and-paste job. A famous right wing website stated that progressives and liberals had been upset by that clever GOP Photoshop. While on the other end the mayor of Wyoming, Sheldon Anderson told reporters that he had been receiving calls about the Bush poster everyday and he wished that he could have taken the credit for that. He also said; if they managed to locate the person then let him know also.

This poster recalled the ‘guerilla’ posters of Barack Obama as Batman’s nemesis the Joker last year that was found under the concrete overpasses in the Los Angeles. The person who has paid for this is still unknown. It has become more difficult to find the sponsor of this billboard as no ownership plate exists on the display. However liberals and progressives may be facing a reaction in their attempt to find the person who placed the poster on that billboard.

DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Re: "Miss Me Yet?" - billboard appears in MN

Postby scout on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:23 am

haha, nice.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither..."
-Benjamin Franklin

The 3 Rules: 1. Always look cool 2. Never get lost 3. If you get lost, look cool.
scout

Postby plblark on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:24 am

No. I'm waiting for a REAL conservative.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby mmcnx2 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:26 am

Yes, I miss him. While not perfect he sure as heck was not the flaming idiot and his posse we now have.
mmcnx2

Postby mitchx3 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 am

Obama is the best thing that's happened to politics in this country in a long time. He has strengthened the 2nd and 10th amendments. He has given us someone to oppose on nat'l healthcare. He is currently disenfranchising all of his casual supporters (to a level Bush could only dream of). He has taken the 'first black president' card off the table, and in the process killed any chance of Hillary running for anything. Give the man some credit.
mitchx3

Postby westberg on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 am

The Billboard is there, it's facing north so the south bound traffic can see it.
westberg

Postby DeanC on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:47 am

I'd be much more enthusiastic about a billboard like this:

Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby bstrawse on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:10 am

mitchx3 wrote:Obama is the best thing that's happened to politics in this country in a long time. He has strengthened the 2nd and 10th amendments. He has given us someone to oppose on nat'l healthcare. He is currently disenfranchising all of his casual supporters (to a level Bush could only dream of). He has taken the 'first black president' card off the table, and in the process killed any chance of Hillary running for anything. Give the man some credit.

^^^ Quote of the Day Winner
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby RobD on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 am

:lol:
westberg wrote:The Billboard is there, it's facing north so the south bound traffic can see it.

You picked a nice location Ron... You shoulda put your website on it though. :lol:
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby plblark on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:22 am

he's going to rotate things through that site and get people constantly checking it with something controversial. Then slip in unholstered.com

I think he has Open vs Concealed Carry coming up soon followed by Glock vs 1911 and 45acp vs europills.
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby westberg on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:23 am

RobD wrote::lol:
westberg wrote:The Billboard is there, it's facing north so the south bound traffic can see it.

You picked a nice location Ron... You shoulda put your website on it though. :lol:

:lol: with all of the Obama signs that were in this area during the election, it is a good spot.
westberg

Postby westberg on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:25 am

plblark wrote:he's going to rotate things through that site and get people constantly checking it with something controversial. Then slip in unholstered.com

I think he has Open vs Concealed Carry coming up soon followed by Glock vs 1911 and 45acp vs europills.

That is a interesting marketing idea, we can't forgot a "vote on everything".
westberg

Postby ex-LT on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:43 am

DeanC wrote:I'd be much more enthusiastic about a billboard like this:

The only problem with that photo, is 75% of the American public wouldn't have any clue who it is.

If it was something like this, at least most people would know who it is...

ETA: for the record, I missed Ronnie less than a year after he left office.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby plblark on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:10 pm

+1
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby justaguy on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:42 pm

westberg wrote:
plblark wrote:he's going to rotate things through that site and get people constantly checking it with something controversial. Then slip in unholstered.com

That is a interesting marketing idea, we can't forgot a "vote on everything".

Watch it.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Next

Return to In The News