Charges: Maplewood man used gun to oust bat from home

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Charges: Maplewood man used gun to oust bat from home

Postby Keith on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 pm

The odds are incalculable but.....noteworthy.
http://www.startribune.com/local/west/11549181.html

I've lived in my house for 14 years with no problems but in the past 3 weeks I've had two of them in my house in the middle of the night. The first one got away and the second one I knocked to the ground with a cardboard tube and then shot in the chest with the GSG loaded with .22 Colibri while it was on the floor. It tested negative for rabies. Since the first one got away and the dept of health and CDC says that I cannot be 100% sure it did not come into contact with me in my sleep (however unlikely) that they consider that an exposure to rabies and suggest treatment. I just had my first shots this afternoon just to be safe.
Yeah, but I shoot with THIS hand.
Keith

Postby 1911fan on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Mr Shopvac works like a charm. get the big floor sucker attachment and hold it up, they think its an escape, then its Thump-squeak-thump thump... wife thinks you're a hero.
1911fan

Postby Spike on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:12 pm

1911fan wrote:Mr Shopvac works like a charm. get the big floor sucker attachment and hold it up, they think its an escape, then its Thump-squeak-thump thump... wife thinks you're a hero.

Great Idea. You're my new hero! At least until the beers wear off...
Spike

Previous

Return to In The News