Chief’s arsenal found in backyard fort

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Chief’s arsenal found in backyard fort

Postby peckerhead on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:55 am

ijosef wrote:
Stradawhovious wrote:Arsenal, eh?

:roll:

Of course. Two or more guns is an "arsenal" in the eyes of the media.

No, that's a weapons cache. An arsenal is five or more.

Get your terminology straight...geez.
peckerhead

Postby jdege on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:51 am

westberg wrote:Lucky kids, all we had were BB guns, bottle rockets and rocks to defend our forts.

According to my grandmother, my uncles used to play with a VZ-24 - a Czech Mauser - when they were kids. Which I supposed was safe enough. I'm pretty sure they'd have a pretty hard time finding 7.92mm ammo, in those days.

I ended up with the rifle, but I never suggested to my sisters that her I should let her kids play with it. Though I did take them out to a range with it, when they were of appropriate age. (One of them, of course, turned into a gun nut, to my sister's significant disapproval.)
jdege

Postby sochr000 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:39 am

They apparently had one rifle, towards the bottom of the article it says they had grabbed his AR-15.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
God (From Futurama)

"Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography."
--Paul Rodriguez
sochr000

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:10 pm

sochr000 wrote:They apparently had one rifle, towards the bottom of the article it says they had grabbed his AR-15.

I see that the had grabbed "loaded magazines for a Glock and an AR-15 Rifle" but don't see anywhere where they actually had a rifle......

Just the mags.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby sochr000 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Stradawhovious wrote:
sochr000 wrote:They apparently had one rifle, towards the bottom of the article it says they had grabbed his AR-15.

I see that the had grabbed "loaded magazines for a Glock and an AR-15 Rifle" but don't see anywhere where they actually had a rifle......

Just the mags.

Oh, I read it again, you're right. Dang punctuation, making things readable.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
God (From Futurama)

"Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography."
--Paul Rodriguez
sochr000

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:46 pm

Stradawhovious wrote:

Just the mags.

At least they called them magazines and not clips...
Holland&Holland

Postby DanM on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:25 am

Now if it was you or I that lost control of weapons that ended up in the hands of our kids - we'd be in prison! Child endangerment, weapons charges, .... (never mind that you or I can't own hand grenades). I wonder if he'll even get a reprimand over this?! :x
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
Thomas Jefferson
DanM

Postby Stradawhovious on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:24 am

wdm004 wrote:Now if it was you or I that lost control of weapons that ended up in the hands of our kids - we'd be in prison! Child endangerment, weapons charges, .... (never mind that you or I can't own hand grenades). I wonder if he'll even get a reprimand over this?! :x

To be fair, according to the article, the kids didn't have any weapons. Just ammo.
Stradawhovious

Postby DanM on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:44 am

Stradawhovious wrote:
wdm004 wrote:Now if it was you or I that lost control of weapons that ended up in the hands of our kids - we'd be in prison! Child endangerment, weapons charges, .... (never mind that you or I can't own hand grenades). I wonder if he'll even get a reprimand over this?! :x

To be fair, according to the article, the kids didn't have any weapons. Just ammo.

I was referring to the hand grenades. Yeah, no 'guns' were found in the fort. But as was stated:

gyrfalcon wrote:Unfortunately Stun/Flash Grenades are classified as destructive devices by the ATF.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
Thomas Jefferson
DanM

Postby Stradawhovious on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:54 am

wdm004 wrote:I was referring to the hand grenades. Yeah, no 'guns' were found in the fort. But as was stated:

Oh yeah. Those.

Lucky kids.

I can just hear it now........

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

And to be fair, calling some gas and stun grenades hand grenades is like calling an AR-15 a weapon of mass destruciton. Sure they're dangerous, but without clarification it gives the wrong impression.

I also dont disagree with you that this shouldn't go without consequence. You are correct. If any one of use were to do the same thing, we could be looking at some serious quality time with the inside of one of our finer guarded establishments.
Stradawhovious

Postby xd ED on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Indeed, there would be consequences, and repercussions; and somewhere in there would be be a visit from a child welfare agency questioning whether or not your kids would remain under the same roof as you, given the propensity towards violence your 'arsenal' suggests.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Previous

Return to In The News