WCCO Reports Rosenberg Arrested

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: WCCO Reports Rosenberg Arrested

Postby EAJuggalo on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Nyff that's part of his problem, the parodies and insults do and did give him personal satisfaction.

Personally I think that the order needed to be challenged but just about anyone else with a permit would have been choice to challenge it.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby gyrfalcon on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:36 pm

nyffman wrote:IF you think that was the only one you really have had too much koolaid? Not to mention all the time he spent on the parodies, etc , ad nauseum which could have been spent on earning money or doing things that give him personal satisfaction.

Over all I think Joel/Andrew and his cohorts did Joe an unintentional favor by ripping on him so much... Ever heard of the phrase "there is no such thing as bad publicity"? :D
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby WWJD on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Biting my tongue.
The mental image of the gloating and miss directed gratification
Goes for the ick in shoreview too...EWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Just nasty!!
WWJD
Stomp on your goolies, abuse Justabullet catcher, make you give up the info right there and then and then save the world.
IF LIFE WAS ONLY THAT EASY, AND JUSTA WASN'T A PLONKER...BLISS!

FU.. Pei Ying Brit...can I pee on your sofa?!!!
WWJD

Postby White Horseradish on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:46 pm

nyffman wrote:IF you think that was the only one you really have had too much koolaid?
To answer your question, no. Not that it really is a question. Or even a coherent sentence. I have a feeling there is an insult in there somewhere, though.

nyffman wrote:Not to mention all the time he spent on the parodies, etc , ad nauseum which could have been spent on earning money or doing things that give him personal satisfaction.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. You don't approve of how Joel spends his time? Ok. So?
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby nyffman on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:49 pm

EAJuggalo wrote:Nyff that's part of his problem, the parodies and insults do and did give him personal satisfaction.

I know, sad, isn't it?
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby Heffay on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:52 pm

When the DC handgun ban was challenged at the SCOTUS, they cherry-picked a candidate to do so. If you get as sympathetic of a person as possible to do the challenge, and throw enough money behind it, you don't have to worry about being set back 50 years.

So, does Joel fit this criteria?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby WWJD on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:53 pm

White Horseradish wrote:
nyffman wrote:IF you think that was the only one you really have had too much koolaid?
To answer your question, no. Not that it really is a question. Or even a coherent sentence. I have a feeling there is an insult in there somewhere, though.

nyffman wrote:Not to mention all the time he spent on the parodies, etc , ad nauseum which could have been spent on earning money or doing things that give him personal satisfaction.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. You don't approve of how Joel spends his time? Ok. So?

To the detriment of other instructors, trying to increase the membership rolls of MCPPA 2003/2005 which Andrew so graciously updates via his avatar,

He sure has a real funny way of making friends and influencing people!

YMMV!
WWJD
Stomp on your goolies, abuse Justabullet catcher, make you give up the info right there and then and then save the world.

WWJD

Postby White Horseradish on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:04 pm

gyrfalcon wrote:Over all I think Joel/Andrew and his cohorts did Joe an unintentional favor by ripping on him so much... Ever heard of the phrase "there is no such thing as bad publicity"? :D

I'm sure some people got to like Joe just because Joel doesn't. It's a bit simpleminded to do that, but it's their right.
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby nyffman on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:12 pm

White Horseradish wrote:

Not really an insult. It just sounds like you take criticism of the self proclaimed "the man" personally.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. You don't approve of how Joel spends his time? Ok. So?[/quote]
Actually, when he spends his time denigrating other members of "the communty", no, I don't approve. I see it as childish and self-aggrandizing. But, as pointed out by EAJuggalo, that is most likely what gives him personal satisfaction. But, whatever. Do you really want to keep :catfight:? You seem to think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread for gun rights in MN. I don't. I was never on the debate team and don't wish to be now. I just look at the things on which he is given passes by his supporters and go :hmm: .
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby WWJD on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:15 pm

White Horseradish wrote:
gyrfalcon wrote:Over all I think Joel/Andrew and his cohorts did Joe an unintentional favor by ripping on him so much... Ever heard of the phrase "there is no such thing as bad publicity"? :D

I'm sure some people got to like Joe just because Joel doesn't. It's a bit simpleminded to do that, but it's their right.

And using your same logic, some might think of you as a douche.! But simpleminded as simple does!

Just asking for clarification here!??

We are the kiddie day care after all!

How does that Joel tag sit with permit holders, On this forum??
Where's Justa with a poll

"Joel slagged us off as a group of permit holders"

Doesn't matter one iota what he said,................. HE **** DID IT!

And certain permit holders/instructors continue the division!
Rally around what flag? Boys??
WWJD

WWJD

Postby White Horseradish on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:31 pm

WWJD wrote:To the detriment of other instructors, trying to increase the membership rolls of MCPPA 2003/2005 which Andrew so graciously updates via his avatar,

Well-being of individual instructors is really their own concern. I don't think Joel has turned anyone off from getting a permit. There are more instructors out there than Joe, Gary and Joel.

You and a some other people have personal issues with Joel for one reason or another. I get that. You support the other guys in the "I have a problem with Joel" society. I get that. Joel has been a dick. I get that. Having been on the receiving end of Joel's dickery does not make you a saint. It also does not guarantee you automatic support. And the vast majority of people out there doesn't care (and in a lot of cases even know) about Joel.

Joel likes to try to get people to pick sides. I told him to take a personal erotic tour when he got on me about that. Please don't try an pin me down this way - I will be forced to tell you the same and I really don't want to, since you are really an OK guy. (alright, alright, bloke :) )

WWJD wrote:He sure has a real funny way of making friends and influencing people!

What makes you think he wants to make friends?

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby White Horseradish on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:34 pm

nyffman wrote: You seem to think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread for gun rights in MN. .

Where the hell did I say that? Are you sure you have been reading my posts and not somebody else's?

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby goalie on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:37 pm

WWJD wrote:

Honest answer: No matter what he says, I get to go to bed at night knowing that "the boss," "the man," Joel Rosenberg is a blowhard that has not only never seen the elephant, but, sadly, resembles one.

:mrgreen:
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby White Horseradish on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:42 pm

WWJD wrote:And using your same logic, some might think of you as a douche.! But simpleminded as simple does!

I will be so hurt... Because opinions of morons matter so much to me...

WWJD wrote:Just asking for clarification here!??

Where's Justa with a poll

"Joel slagged us off as a group of permit holders"

Doesn't matter one iota what he said,................. HE ******* DID IT!

And certain permit holders/instructors continue the division!
Rally around what flag? Boys??
I am not quite sure what you are saying here, either. What is a "Joel tag"?

If you mean to say that his latest escapade looks bad, then I agree it does. Prior to this deal, it's really a private fight between him and you guys in the Joel Hate Club.

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby goalie on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:48 pm

White Horseradish wrote: Prior to this deal, it's really a private fight between him and you guys in the Joel Hate Club.

Joel was making parody websites of people's businesses and trying to get people fired. Among other things. He went WAAAAAY beyond "private fight" with many people, and, despite that, people still seem to idolize the guy and want him to represent them in public.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

PreviousNext

Return to In The News