WCCO Reports Rosenberg Arrested

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

WCCO Reports Rosenberg Arrested

Postby diskdoctr on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:36 pm

WCCO Reports Joel Rosenberg arrested for firearm carry violation. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2010/12/0 ... city-hall/
diskdoctr

Re: WCCO Reports Rosenberg Arrested

Postby infidel on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Separated at birth? :lol:
Attachments
KSM.jpg
KSM.jpg (107.4 KB) Viewed 5236 times
joel_rosenberg.jpg
joel_rosenberg.jpg (57.31 KB) Viewed 5162 times
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby Q_Continuum on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:01 pm

Regardless of the man involved, I think we'll all be watching this closely and hoping/praying that things work out in our favor. Otherwise things could start to get ugly around MN. (Ugly as in the law, not as in bloody, for any MPD/FBI/CIA/etc agents reading this. I'd never hope for blood in the streets)
Q_Continuum

Postby Tommy Gun on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:05 pm

First, I find the following highly suspicious:
According to police, numerous people in the community contacted police expressing concern over Rosenberg and the threat he may pose to public safety.

After reading the "open letter" referenced in the article, it seems there may be a history between the officer and Rosenberg. This, of course, was completely ignored in the reporting. It's also interesting to note the portion of the letter they quoted was taken completely out of context.

Having said all that, I really dislike this approach. All it usually accomplishes is bad publicity. :(
Last edited by Tommy Gun on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you are on the horns of a dilemma, shoot the bull right between the eyes.
Tommy Gun

Postby goalie on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Q_Continuum wrote:Regardless of the man involved, I think we'll all be watching this closely and hoping/praying that things work out in our favor. Otherwise things could start to get ugly around MN. (Ugly as in the law, not as in bloody, for any MPD/FBI/CIA/etc agents reading this. I'd never hope for blood in the streets)

Actually, some of "us" don't GAS anymore.

I know I certainly don't consider myself part of anything he's associated with. That means there is no "in OUR favor" for me to worry about. If the law gets changed because of someone's antics, such is life. If the law doesn't, such is life. Either way, my world won't change a bit. (That, my friends, is the attitude one gets after being attacked and vilified by people in the so-called "movement. **** the movement.) Then again, my identity is not wrapped up in a hunk of metal that I (sometimes) carry.

YMMV
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby PileDriver on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:15 pm

goalie wrote: Then again, my identity is not wrapped up in a hunk of metal that I (sometimes) carry.

Word.

And I don't see a whole lot changing, except hopefully less people dropping to their knees every day and praying towards JR's house. Edit: I'm only kidding myself there.
PileDriver

Postby xd ED on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
After reading the "open letter" referenced in the article, it seems there may be a history between the officer and Rosenberg. This, of course, was completely ignored in the reporting. It's also interesting to note the portion of the letter they quoted was taken completely out of context.

Having said all that, I really dislike this approach. All it usually accomplishes is bad publicity. :(

Perhaps I missed something in that letter. And much, if not most of JR's history is unknown to me, but I don't read anything in the open letter that doesn't appear to relate to the videotaped confrontation.
I do agree, in regards to the quote, context is crucial, and ignored. But in the overall drama, it will be a lost point.
This is at best PR very badly done.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Fiery Red XIII on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:12 pm

Did he really post on the whole "You didn't see my hand on my other gun"?!? That is a poorly veiled threat saying "see, I could've shot you if I wanted to". That is just my opine. Those here who know me know I support our rights, but that line goes way too far.

Red

PS. Sorry I ain't been around in a while, getting married and buying a fixer-upper HUD house at once is very time consuming!
Fiery Red XIII

Postby peckerhead on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:First, I find the following highly suspicious:
According to police, numerous people in the community contacted police expressing concern over Rosenberg and the threat he may pose to public safety.

Given the strong contempt Joel seems to have for the MPD, he's probably got a history with quite a few of their officers :-)

I used to read a lot over at his old forum. He seems like a smart guy, but that comment about where his hands were when the officer disarmed him was just effing stupid, in any context. What the hell was he thinking?

Hopefully he manages to straighten this out for himself.
peckerhead

Postby PileDriver on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Fiery Red XIII wrote:Did he really post on the whole "You didn't see my hand on my other gun"?!?

Yep.
PileDriver

Postby goalie on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:47 pm

peckerhead wrote: Given the strong contempt Joel seems to have for the MPD, he's probably got a history with quite a few of their officers :-)

He has a strong contempt for a lot of members here as well. We're the "day care" don'cha know?
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby Tommy Gun on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:52 pm

peckerhead wrote:...that comment about where his hands were when the officer disarmed him was just effing stupid, in any context. What the hell was he thinking?

:exactly:

Until a short while ago, all I knew about JR was that he wrote a book. I never read anything he wrote (including his book) or anything written about him online or otherwise. A fellow forum member has since filled me in a bit on Mr. Rosenberg and, let's just say it wasn't very flattering. 8-)

I am normally suspicious of news reports on 2nd Amendment issues, because they are usually biased against gun rights. But I also have a problem with folks who think they're proving something by acting belligerent and thumbing their nose at "the man". All they succeed in doing is allowing the anti-gun rights folks paint the other 99% of us with the same broad brush.
When you are on the horns of a dilemma, shoot the bull right between the eyes.
Tommy Gun

Postby macphisto on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Aaaaaand...he managed to make the ten o'clock news. Mugshot, cover of his book, and clips from his Youtube videos. Nice little piece.
macphisto

Postby Fiery Red XIII on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:28 pm

macphisto wrote:Aaaaaand...he managed to make the ten o'clock news. Mugshot, cover of his book, and clips from his Youtube videos. Nice little piece.

Wife told me about it on Fox9, as M. Glover said, "it is stranger than fiction".

Red
Fiery Red XIII

Postby mnmike59 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:38 pm

Just choose your words carefully in a public forum. ;)
"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Next

Return to In The News