Man arrested in Sweden for having a baseball bat in his car

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Man arrested in Sweden for having a baseball bat in his car

Postby bullets on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Sweden outlaws baseball bats???

http://www.thelocal.se/32196/20110222/

According to Swedish law the possession of dangerous items such as knives, and other weapons "designed to be used as a weapon in crimes against life or limb", are not permitted in a public place.
bullets

Re: Man arrested in Sweden for having a baseball bat in his car

Postby macphisto on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:06 pm

<---Ashamed to be 5/8 Swedish. :oops:
macphisto

Postby nyffman on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:08 pm

That's ok. Obviously, someone, at some point, had the good sense to get out. :D
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby macphisto on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Great Grandpa Iver. 8-)
macphisto

Postby 12smile on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:39 pm

I was trying to work up a joke w/ Swedes, anal lubricant and Nazi's but couldn't come up with anything. :o
12smile

Postby mnmike59 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:46 pm

I'd love to see the crime rate percentage compared to ours.
Just to see how thats working for them.
"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Postby 1911fan on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:59 pm

I still have family there. Last trip over two of the younger ones said they were embarrassed at the current mentality which equated neutrality and peacefulness as ball-lessness.

The City of Malmo has essential been destroyed as a decent place by immigration. Public outcry over Islamic attacks on native swedes is seen as racially motivated even after a local Iman decreed that rape or assault on an scandanavian was not a "sin" and in fact, preferable to premarital sex between Muslims.

I was shocked when two of the younger kids openly referred to Somali immigrants as "sand ni@&$rs" and were upset that two of the favorite hangouts were no longer safe to go to because car loads of immigrants would drive around looking for single or small groups of girls. Even my cousin who is in her mid forties said she had been harassed on the train and would no longer ride alone. If she could not find someone to ride with, she would call someone to drive I'n the fifty miles and pick her up.

I believe there will be a change soon. There had been a gag order on candidates even talking about it but that rule has been hollowed out and they now have been able to discuss "internal difficulties" which everyone knew was code.

Just to brag a bit. I have never met him but the owner of this company is married to another relative. Our great great grandfathers were brothers I am told. http://www.koenigsegg.com/
1911fan

Postby Norsesmithy on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:38 am

Word from a couple of friends/relatives is that the police are getting jumpy, because they are still on orders to be enforcers for the appeasing pacifist politicos, but there is a growing undercurrent of people who are just fed up with all the BS from these non-integrated immigrants.
Norsesmithy

Postby Rem700 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:47 am

Had he kept his mouth shut, Instead he made the statement of feeling better having the bat next to him on the seat.
Otherwise useing there own description of a weapon, A baseball bat is not designed to be used as a weapon but a piece of sporting equipment.
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Postby Pat Cannon on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:40 am

Rem700 wrote:Had he kept his mouth shut, Instead he made the statement of feeling better having the bat next to him on the seat.
Otherwise useing there own description of a weapon, A baseball bat is not designed to be used as a weapon but a piece of sporting equipment.

Exactly. Have your baseball glove in your car, too.
Pat Cannon

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:23 am

Pat Cannon wrote:
Rem700 wrote:Had he kept his mouth shut, Instead he made the statement of feeling better having the bat next to him on the seat.

Exactly. Have your baseball glove in your car, too.

and some balls...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby rugersol on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:24 am

1911fan wrote:Public outcry over Islamic attacks on native swedes <insert nearly any nationality, here> is seen as racially motivated

Awful lotta emigration outta the middle east, lately ... wouldn't ya say?
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby LarryFlew on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:31 am

ahrens wrote:
1911fan wrote:Public outcry over Islamic attacks on native swedes <insert nearly any nationality, here> is seen as racially motivated

BUT is it the bad guys who want to do some harm or the good guys that want to get the H out of there :?:
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:00 am

LarryFlew wrote:
ahrens wrote:

BUT is it the bad guys who want to do some harm or the good guys that want to get the H out of there :?:

Good Guy/ Bad Guy; I guess it depends on your sense of morality
There hasn't ben any notable condemnation of the threats and and attacks on this man among the world's 2 billion plus muslims.... so there are those in Scandinavia and elsewhere on the planet who believe the cartoonist is the bad guy.

From the Guardian UK:

The Danish cartoonist who survived an axe attack

In September 2005, the Danish cartoonist Kurt Westergaard was asked by his newspaper, Jyllands-Posten, to draw the prophet Muhammad "as you see him". He did, and it changed his life. The resulting cartoon was deemed blasphemous by hardline Muslims around the world and drew death threats. More than four years later, after Westergaard had already been forced to spend a harrowing few months on the run with his wife Gitte, a 28-year-old man of Somali origin forced his way into their home last Friday evening wielding an axe and a knife.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby nyffman on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:17 am

So, I wonder if Geert Wilders is still being denounced as a demagog? Well, credibly, anyway? :roll:
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Next

Return to In The News