AZ Gov vetoes campus & govt bldg carry

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

AZ Gov vetoes campus & govt bldg carry

Postby DeanC on Wed May 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Arizona Governor Vetoes Both Campus Carry and Carry in Public Facilities Bills

Stepping into their 2011 legislative session, Arizona lawmakers looked like they would have the proverbial green light to pass some banner gun rights legislation.

With one of the most conservative legislatures the state has ever seen sitting in both the House and Senate courtesy of a strong Tea Party presence in the Copper state, a mildly popular Republican governor with a history of pro-Second Amendment leanings and a gaggle of bills in the cooker, set to allow guns on college campuses and inside public buildings, pro-gun triumphs looked all but Arizona’s to lose.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Re: AZ Gov vetoes campus & govt bldg carry

Postby Heffay on Wed May 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Wow... Where did her moderate streak come from?

edit: Upon further reading, it sounds more like she opposed the bills because they were poorly written. I guess it's nice to have someone watching the crap going through most legislatures. Tell them to go back to the drawing board and do the job right this time.

It's not her fault if the legislative branch can't write decent laws I guess.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby DeanC on Wed May 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Sounds like a weaselly excuse.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Heffay on Wed May 04, 2011 1:13 pm

DeanC wrote:Sounds like a weaselly excuse.

It could be. It's tough to tell from that article.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby 1911fan on Thu May 05, 2011 9:16 am

No, the bills as passed actually reduced many rights, and she said pass a good bill, and she would sign it.
1911fan

Postby Spartan on Sun May 08, 2011 9:30 am

You have to love Gov. Jan Brewer. Tough state be making policy decisions. She doesnt back down to Homeland Security or the President.
I could be wrong, but she seems to be a pretty regular "josephine" with a BIG SET OF BRASS ONES!
Spartan

Return to In The News