Let's Arm Teachers - Not Now.....

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Let's Arm Teachers - Not Now.....

Postby hammAR on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:53 am

link

Teacher Accused of Terrorizing Own School
Thursday, 31 Jan 2008

A suburban Philadelphia teacher has been arrested for making terroristic threats against her own school, including messages promising to kill people at the school.

Police said the woman was a teacher at the Longstreth Elementary school in Warminster, Pa.

Susan Romanyszyn, a fourth-grade teacher, said nothing as she surrendered at a local district justice office on charges she made 17 terroristic threats against the very school she worked at.

Romanyszyn was charged in connection with a series of threats made against Longstreth that had students, teachers and parents on edge for weeks.

Police said the threats left at the school included references to bombs and quotes such as "Die Today, Kill Em All, You Won't Catch Me I Have A Gun, You're So Stupid I Have To Kill You And I Won't Stop Til You All Die."

Romanyszyn has been teaching here for several years, sources said. She has been on a leave of absence since late October.

Officials alleged Romanyszyn was upset about not getting a fifth grade teaching position she wanted.

The threats caused police to search the school and to station extra officers there for the past four months.

Romanyszyn was ordered held on $1 million bail, but expected to be released on $100,000. Judge Daniel Finello ordered her to stay away from school facilities, teachers and students.

Police allege Romanyszyn left nails in the teachers' parking lot, made a makeshift bomb with screws and did drawings of a gun, a machete and a pipe.
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Re: Let's Arm Teachers - Not Now.....

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:19 am

Wow, drawings of "guns, machete's and pipe's" that makes me shake in my boots.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Return to In The News