Norways killing fields

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Norways killing fields

Postby CraigJS on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:39 pm

First off Norway we're deeply sorry.. This happened by a person that should have been smothered at birth. It happened in a nation of sheep by a rabid wolf. How many times have I already heard in video or written that, "they can't believe that one of their own could do this to countrymen".
Here's their wake up call. They will have change like it or not, pitty, they had to learn it the hard way.. Perhaps now they will change their, no life sentence or death penalty for ANY crime.(21 years is the maximum!) The sheep must grow fangs. :(
CraigJS

Re: Norways killing fields

Postby onebohemian on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Religious extremism (christianity based this time although it hardly matters what doctrination the extremism was) and racism appear behind this. There is no support here for speculating that having the death penalty would have detered this. Seems like what could have done the most good was helicopters and boats so the cops could have stopped the shooter sooner. Events like this are unfortunately going to happen, and thus it is the quicker response by police and an armed citizenry that we must work on.
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby CraigJS on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:11 pm

The death penalty WON'T solve anything, it was for information only. Even being armed there wouldn't have helped without the determination and skill to use it. Condition white strikes again.
CraigJS

Postby Snowgun on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm

CraigJS wrote:Condition white strikes again.

+1

We at least had Grandpa's with chairs hitting and grandma's pulling the magazines out of Jared Loughner's hands...
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby farmerj on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:32 pm

"I saw many dead people," said Elise, whose father, Vidar Myhre, didn't want her to disclose her last name.
:catfight:

I couldn't find the head beating a wall or face palm for that quote....

http://www.twincities.com/news/ci_18533648?source=rss
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby solidgun on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:53 pm

What is this "pitty"? Can you eat it?
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Postby CraigJS on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:39 pm

If you don't understand, oh well. :roll:
CraigJS

Postby mnmike59 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:52 pm

How can this happen? I thought guns were not allowed in Norway?
"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Postby Heffay on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:00 pm

mnmike59 wrote:How can this happen? I thought guns were not allowed in Norway?

They are allowed. They have a rather robust hunting culture up there.

Oh wait, I see what point you were trying to make. Never mind. Carry on. I hope the facts not aligning with your point doesn't backfire on you.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby nyffman on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Regardless, no episode of this nature his helpful at a time when the UN is pushing for this arms control treaty and we have a President who is pathetic sorry, my tourette's has been acting up lately sympathetic to this cause. :roll:
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby rugersol on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Finally jest looked this up ... don't watch much tv ... holy ****!!! :shock:

Dude shot 85 people, dressed as a cop, on an island? ... 1.5hr fer cops to get there 'cause they had no boat 'er helicopter?

Dude blew up the Prime Minister's office in Oslo a few hours earlier? ... killing 'nother 7 people?

Sounds like the whole thing was politically motivated?

Here's a quote ...

"It's a reminder that the entire international community has a stake in preventing this kind of terror from occurring," President Barack Obama said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/23 ... z1Sz1zn7wK

Not sure how dude got guns ... I reckon however it was, they'll put an end to it!
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby nyffman on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:00 pm

rugersol wrote:
Not sure how dude got guns ... I reckon however it was, they'll put an end to it!

That's what I said. :cry:
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby S.A. on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Heffay wrote:They have a rather robust hunting culture up there.

Not for long...
S.A.

Postby S.A. on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:14 pm

rugersol wrote:Not sure how dude got guns ... I reckon however it was, they'll put an end to it!

From what I've read today you have to tell the state why you need a gun. Valid reasons are hunting, sporting, employment as a security guard, and self defense. Again from what I've read today, the first two are common, the last two not so much.

I read the shooter was an avid hunter.
S.A.

Postby mrp on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:41 pm

S.A. wrote:
rugersol wrote:Not sure how dude got guns ... I reckon however it was, they'll put an end to it!

From what I've read today you have to tell the state why you need a gun. Valid reasons are hunting, sporting, employment as a security guard, and self defense. Again from what I've read today, the first two are common, the last two not so much.

The last one may become more common.
mrp

Next

Return to In The News