How To Post a News Story, Part Deux

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

How To Post a News Story, Part Deux

Postby cmj685 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:10 am

Guys,
Can I make just one plea? If possible, when we post news stories, could we both post the story and give the URL? I have been frustrated beyond words time and again (not usually on this forum but on other similar forums) by the original poster simply putting a link to a news story and then commencing discussion. Meanwhile, the link becomes inoperable (for any number of reasons--the site is forced to take it down due to legal restrictions or other stories take its place or there is too much controversy or....it happens all too often!) and now anyone who comes to the thread can't get the original story to discuss the issues intelligently (not that that ever stopped anyone on the internet!)! I don't know all the legalities of copying and pasting the whole news story (maybe someone can help here) but if it is legal, let's do it so that everyone can read the story as long as the thread goes on!
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Re: How To Post a News Story, Part Deux

Postby hammAR on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:40 am

Are you asking for more :rulez: for the regulation of consideraton, courtesy, and comon sense.... :doh:

Besides, what's new or unique about this, lots of things seem to disappear around here as a normal course of events.... ;)

:rotf:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Return to In The News