Carry Instructor Bars Muslims & Obama Supporters

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Carry Instructor Bars Muslims & Obama Supporters

Postby LarryP on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:02 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ad- ... 54962.html

YEE HAA! Finally Someone with Balls!!
LarryP

Re: Carry Instructor Bars Muslims & Obama Supporters

Postby DeanC on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Yeah, that will really get more people on our side. :roll:

We wouldn't have the Minnesota carry law had not a lot of Obama voters passed it.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Heffay on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:04 pm

LarryP wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ad-gun-training-bars-muslims-obama-voters-153954962.html

YEE HAA! Finally Someone with Balls!!

Shame they don't have brains.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby EAJuggalo on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:09 pm

I hope he hasn't become too attached to the stuff he owns. He's going to lose it all in the discrimination suit I'm sure is coming.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby DeanC on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:10 pm

If you are a non-Christian Arab or Muslim, I will not teach you the class with no shame; I am Crockett Keller, thank you, and God bless America.

Hmm... he is not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed is he? Pretty much a Xenophobe.

Excluded:
Atheist Arabs
Hindu Arabs
Jewish Arabs
Bahai Arabs
Sikh Arabs
Etc...
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby tazdevil on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm torn on this one. On one hand, he is a private business owner, and allowed to sell his "wares" to whom he pleases within the law (I don't think it's legal to teach firearms training to felons for example). So he is exercising his business rights, whether people feel its right or wrong (and they can show him the most with their own pocketbooks, if he doesn't get enough enrollees in his class, the business will fail).

On the other hand, this does send out a bad message. This is akin to banning people from certain bathrooms, busses etc. etc. I work with 2 devout muslims who absolutely despise these "we kill in the name of allah" extremist types, and I'd be very more comfortable with them carrying right next to me, than my crazy christian neighbors! We have had religious discussions at work about differences between the bible and koran, and there's never been any arguments or tension, just curiosity about some of the practices.
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby Hammer99... on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:21 pm

what a maroon....
I love it when a plan comes together!
Hammer99...

Postby Rem700 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:23 pm

What does color have to do with it?
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Postby goett047 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:41 pm

I don't agree with the way he chooses to run his business. However, I have confidence that in a free-market system his business would do about as good as it should. And, that is the way it should be. If I want to ban an ethnic group from my restaurant I should be able to do so without the government sticking its nose in my PRIVATE business.
goett047

Postby Heffay on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:01 pm

goett047 wrote:If I want to ban an ethnic group from my restaurant I should be able to do so without the government sticking its nose in my PRIVATE business.

This is a very bad road to go down. If your rights to run a business are absolute, you can make arguments for removing other limitations, such as letting the Ford company dump all their motor oil in the Mississippi (the invisible hand will clean it up!), or serving e-coli rat meat as Kobe beef burgers (hey, if they don't like the taste they can not come back, amirite??).

There should be some reasonable regulations when you're running a business. Restriction on denying service to someone because of their race should probably fit under the "reasonable" category. You can put up as many confederate flags as you want and say what you want, but outright denying...not so much.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby nyffman on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:35 pm

There should be some reasonable regulations.......

Now, where have I heard that word "reasonable" before? Oh yeah, it seems to be a favorite term of obfuscation used by the groups that really want to remove all privately owned guns from society while they're say they support the 2nd amendment right to own a gun for hunting.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby goett047 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:41 pm

I fail to see the connection between dumping of motor oil and a business owner reserving the right to refuse service
goett047

Postby traveler on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:55 pm

goett047 wrote:I fail to see the connection between dumping of motor oil and a business owner reserving the right to refuse service

You also? I thought it was just me.

Why not just play country-western music at your place of business and let the ensuing tones filter out your clientele. It works well for a lot of bars.
Mihi ignosce. Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
traveler

Postby nyffman on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:00 pm

goett047 wrote:I fail to see the connection between dumping of motor oil and a business owner reserving the right to refuse service

Chalk it up to the use of a bad analogy. It happens. :roll:
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby Heffay on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:58 pm

/shrug

Pick your regulation of choice. Racial discrimination has a lot of negative effects. Find something that you think is on order of that, and apply it as needed.
Heffay

Next

Return to In The News