Pointing a fake gun leads to Police shooting juvenile.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Pointing a fake gun leads to Police shooting juvenile.

Postby Widge on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:02 pm

What dim-witted, mouth-breathing retard points a fake firearm at cops after bailing from a stolen vehicle?

Oh, this kind:

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — Minneapolis police shot and wounded 15-year-old boy who pointed a replica firearm at them in an alley shortly after midnight today, police said.

Just before 12:30 a.m., officers on patrol near Lake Street East and Park Avenue saw a car that had been carjacked at gunpoint two days earlier, Sgt. William Palmer said. They tried to stop the car, but it went into an alley.

Three people inside the car fled.

Two officers and a K-9 officer began searching for them and shortly after, a male suspect with what appeared to be a handgun confronted them behind 2907 S. Park Ave., police said.

To protect themselves, officers shot the suspect, Palmer said. After the shooting police discovered the weapon was a replica, he said.

and, of course the obligatory 'apologist', getting ready to play the race and police brutality card:

Regarding the police account of Perkins being armed, Tillman (the victim's brother) said, "I know that not to be my little brother's character. That's why I want my mother to get up there so he can tell her what really happened."

A pity they didn't cancel the little prick's ticket right there.

Link
I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Widge

Re: Pointing a fake gun leads to Police shooting juvenile.

Postby ttousi on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:08 pm

or the car owner when he carjacked them :x
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby hammAR on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:10 pm

Hey WIdge, as you know in some parts of our culture it is OK to jack a car, ride in a stolen car, run from police, and even to shoot at them, real gun or not..........it is a coming of age thing and some even seriously believe that it is their right............ :tantrum:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:28 pm

Dan Conry on KTLK in the morning does a bit called "thinning the herd", its about twats just like this idiot.

The intro to the bit is hysterical and makes me laugh at 5:30am
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Postby Aceq2jot on Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:09 pm

Widge wrote:A pity they didn't cancel the little prick's ticket right there.

Link

Amen to that. but i think they really need to do it right and take out the house he lives in :) And prehaps the area of Maplewood aswell :o Then the family and the enviroment he lives in is gone :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Widge wrote:What dim-witted, mouth-breathing retard points a fake firearm at cops after bailing from a stolen vehicle?

Oh, this kind:

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — Minneapolis police shot and wounded 15-year-old boy who pointed a replica firearm at them in an alley shortly after midnight today, police said.

Just before 12:30 a.m., officers on patrol near Lake Street East and Park Avenue saw a car that had been carjacked at gunpoint two days earlier, Sgt. William Palmer said. They tried to stop the car, but it went into an alley.

Three people inside the car fled.

Two officers and a K-9 officer began searching for them and shortly after, a male suspect with what appeared to be a handgun confronted them behind 2907 S. Park Ave., police said.

To protect themselves, officers shot the suspect, Palmer said. After the shooting police discovered the weapon was a replica, he said.

and, of course the obligatory 'apologist', getting ready to play the race and police brutality card:

Regarding the police account of Perkins being armed, Tillman (the victim's brother) said, "I know that not to be my little brother's character. That's why I want my mother to get up there so he can tell her what really happened."

Link

I guess that it was not in his charachter to be rolling ina stolen car either? What a tool

I wonder what the "Other Guy" is saying about this - Since there were SWAT Cops that did the shooting on this deal - I imagine that there will be some sort of commentary.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby princewally on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:44 pm

Pinnacle wrote:
I wonder what the "Other Guy" is saying about this - Since there were SWAT Cops that did the shooting on this deal - I imagine that there will be some sort of commentary.

Doubtful, but way to stir the pot.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby plblark on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:02 pm

In my thought bubble, the comment goes like this:

"Little ****'s lucky he didn't die! pointing ANYTHING that looks like a gun at the cops who are chasing you after you bailed from a carjacked car ... That's Darwin Award potential right there."

I think your bias is showing. It's the situations and actions / reactions, NOT the occupation or specialty that seems to draw Joel's comment.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby hammAR on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:21 pm

plblark wrote:It's the situations and actions / reactions, NOT the occupation or specialty that seems to draw Joel's comment.

..That had to hurt............Image
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby plblark on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:31 pm

Thread-Fu master Yak Ha Mar scores again. constipated == Full of excrement. Well played :-)
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Srigs on Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:38 pm

I thought they outlawed fake guns in Minneapolis... If they did in the state, I would be in MN top 10 wanted.

Oh well, If his ticket was punched the mom/sister/uncle of the boy would say "XYZ was just turning his life around." Yeh by car jacking with a fake gun and he pointing it at a police officer. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby JohninMinnesota on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:52 am

Just goes to show how cynical we've all become:
Srigs wrote:Oh well, If his ticket was punched the mom/sister/uncle of the boy would say "XYZ was just turning his life around." Yeh by car jacking with a fake gun and he pointing it at a police officer. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe srigs, the story will go that he turned his gun in at the last police buy back of guns and only after he used that $50.00 to get a couple hits of crack did he lose his solid rehabilitation and use the fake gun (the one the police refused to give him $50.00 for) to commit this crime. He was likely a victim of illegal drugs *and* a dangerous weapon the police wouldn't take off the streets since it wasn't capable of harming anyone. Who among us will be the first to cast a stone at this victim of our society who didn't have the luxury of an education, good parenting, community involvement, laws to protect him from malice and evil, and whose own family is suffering the wrath of poor downtrodden neighborhoods? Oh, we can sit here in our ivory towers and judge these poor souls, but none of us is willing to blame the real problem - US! The ones who advocate common sense. Well, when communities finally come up with a program for getting that off the street, we'll all be better off.
anger burns and fills with hatred - wreaks havoc on the soul - what goes out comes back three fold - end it now
JohninMinnesota

Postby Pinnacle on Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:21 am

Screw this kid and his family too... Sorry

If any of us were in the same situation - we would be in a lot worse trouble than paid administrative leave. These cops did the right thing without question and good for them it is simply too bad that this kid placed them ina situation where they HAd to shoot.

I am so sick of hearing about this kind of crap and how everyone says that "This kid would never do anything like this" GROW UP

1. Agg Robbery
2. Carjacking
3. Menacing
4. Evading arest
5. Att 187 of a Police officer

Wow this kid is a freaking gem. Lets sing a Hymn for Mr. Shot in the neck...

Him -
Him -
F*** Him
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby DeanC on Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:32 am

http://wcco.com/local/suspect.shot.police.2.677825.html
Meanwhile, police are pleading with parents to take replica guns away from their children.

How about pleading with them to stop engaging in real criminal behavior?
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby JohninMinnesota on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:08 am

See what I mean about cynicism?

DeanC wrote:http://wcco.com/local/suspect.shot.police.2.677825.html
Meanwhile, police are pleading with parents to take replica guns away from their children.

How about pleading with them to stop engaging in real criminal behavior?

Dean, how about getting in line here, and addressing the real problem? Kids these days are subjected to video games that encourage them to *kill, kill, kill*, carjack and victimize others. Don't you get it? THOSE ARE THE REAL PROBLEM! We need to ban all forms of violence in our society. Ban drugs. Ban alcohol. Ban guns, Rambo knives, and any other knife longer that 3 inches (who needs a knife longer that this?), Ban violent video games, Ban violent thinkers, Ban violent thoughts, Ban Satan, and BAN anyone who has the audacity to call that preacher of Obama's a RACIST.

Don't you see? Don't you get it? Since you are part of the problem, let me SPELL IT OUT - It's about time we all "just got along" and did something about all these crazy things people are doing to hurt themselves.

Thanks to all of you here - you "right winged gun nuts" as my liberal former legislator called me the other day, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.... YOU AND YOUR curse-ed COMMON SENSE. It is *that* which we need to ban, so that our utopian society can flourish.

BAN COMMON SENSE!
anger burns and fills with hatred - wreaks havoc on the soul - what goes out comes back three fold - end it now
JohninMinnesota

Next

Return to In The News