Secret Gun Grabbing at local levels

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Secret Gun Grabbing at local levels

Postby topline89 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:09 pm

A person to keep an eye on, is this ultra left loon George Soros this guy is the puppet master in the Obama administration and with the money he has, we all need to keep a close eye on what this guy does. Read the part of the following email I received from the National Association for Gun Rights.

Simply put, George Soros is working to ban guns in your town.

Sound hard to believe? Maybe, but it is amazing what can be done with several billion dollars and an army of left-wing hirelings.

Soros is working with the National League of Cities to push big city gun control in small towns all over the country.

And right now, Soros and his allies are winning...

That’s why I hope you’ll click here to support our efforts to stop Soros' scheme with a contribution.

Not even well-known anti-gun crusaders like Sarah Brady have been able to accomplish what the Soros-backed League of Cities is doing right now.

While the gun rights battle has been raging in Washington, D.C. George Soros has been quietly investing billions (yes, that’s with a “b”) in taking power on the state and local levels.

The Soros-backed National League of Cities and their affiliated state Municipal Leagues have become a major conduit of Soros’ aggressive anti-gun agenda.

The National League of Cities’ stated goals include:

*** Registration for all handguns;

*** Banning semi-automatic firearms;

*** Cracking down on gun shows;

*** A thirty-day waiting period on all gun purchases;

*** Ending the manufacture of 10-round magazines;

*** Gun bans in parks and libraries and other public places.

To read the rest of the story go to: http://www.nationalgunrights.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't"- General George Patton Jr.
topline89

Re: Secret Gun Grabbing at local levels

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Color me skeptical.

Um, really? where would that be?

That’s why I hope you’ll click here to support our efforts to stop Soros' scheme with a contribution.

Sounds like a money raising ploy to me. Scare the masses with a boogie man and rake in the contributions.

ETA:" The National Association for Gun Rights" Never heard of them.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby nyffman on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Color me skeptical.

Um, really? where would that be?

Sounds like a money raising ploy to me. Scare the masses with a boogie man and rake in the contributions.

ETA:" The National Association for Gun Rights" Never heard of them.

Soros could easily be massing support that isn't making big headlines. Think of what he did with Project SOS(Secretary of State). Other than that, this sounds like a Ron Paul/Bot website.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby TH3180 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Good thing I don't have any guns. I just come here for the laughs. 8-)
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Postby Heffay on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Donate now to the... whoever they are! The money you give them is the only thing that can keep the government from seizing your guns!
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby DanM on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:49 pm

TH3180 wrote:Good thing I don't have any guns. I just come here for the laughs. 8-)

Lost 'em all in a boating accident, did ya? ;)
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
Thomas Jefferson
DanM

Postby PhilaBOR on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:02 pm

topline89

It's nice to see that a long time member of our board is looking out for us.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Postby TH3180 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:14 pm

DanM wrote:
TH3180 wrote:Good thing I don't have any guns. I just come here for the laughs. 8-)

Lost 'em all in a boating accident, did ya? ;)

Yep, even lost my dam flare gun. :( Good thing I still have a sling shoot for protection. 8-)
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Postby Spike on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Yea. Lost all mine in a freak boating accident.
Spike

Postby EllisW on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:49 am

Alarmist nonsense.
EllisW

Postby tazdevil on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Spike wrote:

Yea. Lost all mine in a freak boating accident.

Mine are down there as well. I should've known better than to travel with two guys who said "We think she'll float". Oh, and I got the bends trying to retrieve them all guys, so they're still down there, protected from the anti's buy a bunch of northern pike that had just figured out the sig's firing mechanisms. But I hear the perch are trying to ban all lake bottom and river bottom guns now too.
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Just as I thought. A quick search brings quite a bit of information on The National Association for Gun Rights.

It seems no one has ever heard of them actually lobbying, anywhere. Speculation is this is a one or two man operation scamming for money.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby TH3180 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:05 pm

You know, we all really need to get a new hobby. We really suck at this boating stuff.
TH3180

Postby Heffay on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Just as I thought. A quick search brings quite a bit of information on The National Association for Gun Rights.

It seems no one has ever heard of them actually lobbying, anywhere. Speculation is this is a one or two man operation scamming for money.

I reported it as spam. Let's see if the mods remove it.

Or if the OP comes back and tries to convince us otherwise.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby tazdevil on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:43 pm

TH3180 wrote:You know, we all really need to get a new hobby. We really suck at this boating stuff.

Underwater basketweaving?
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Next

Return to In The News