Outspoken imams to speak at St. Cloud State

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Outspoken imams to speak at St. Cloud State

Postby nyffman on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am

You might be able to make the statement that American Christians are too complacent and comfortable to push for changes more to their liking, but there's no comparison between Muslim's sharia law and anything done or even seriously suggested by any other religion in this country. Oh yeah, and, what hammAR said.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby JohninMinnesota on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:25 am

Jehovah's witnesses, evangelicals that feed on the elderly to build a prayer tower, white supremacists, black victims of 200 years ago wanting reparations, and homophobes that protest at military funerals… they all seem tame compared to the guys with the folding knife sawing off the head of the infidel to make their point...
anger burns and fills with hatred - wreaks havoc on the soul - what goes out comes back three fold - end it now
JohninMinnesota

Postby mattxd on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:26 pm

hammAR wrote:
mattxd wrote:so not to exclude anyone I propose we change Islam to religion. the fundamentalist Christians have been pushing their brand of sharia law around these parts for a while.

Both of these groups seem to be really irritated that the rest of the world just can't see the light, why don't we let them have it out and bring back the crusades it could pull better ratings then American Idol.

I know that you really meant American Gladiator rather than Idol..................anyhow, where do I sign up, It's the Crusades for me, I want to stone women, rape children, learn to cut off heads, crucify non-believers and innocents, burn down and bomb religious centers, and teach my kids to blow themselves up, why should they have all the fun, I'm tired of handing out bibles and helping people anyhow............... :roll:

I didn't think of American Gladiator it's a much better analogy to what I I described. I don't want to give the impression that I think that would cast the fundamentalists here into the same bucket as the jihadist, but I would put them both in the "special" classroom.
Another thing we could do is get the DNR to set a season for them it could be like turkey hunting where your gunning the tom with the longest beard. If only those decals at the surplus stores were for real.
"Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone." -- Frederic Bastiat (1801-1850) Source: The Law, by Frederic Bastiat, 1850
Go ahead report me to Barry!!
mattxd

Previous

Return to In The News