Mob attacks in Minneapolis

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby TTS on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 am

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/03/31/mpls-police-ponder-8-p-m-curfew-after-youth-mob-attacks/

ETA:
Kids in skinny jeans really?
"They all seemed to be wearing skinny jeans and stuff that was more like skater kid stuff, which made me feel as though they were from the suburbs,"

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/145253005.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue
Last edited by TTS on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owner
Tactical Training Solutions
Specializing in Self Defense and Firearms Training
http://www.minnesotaccw.com
TTS

Re: Mob attacks in Minneapolis

Postby Wiscosotan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:38 am

“Curfews are just going to make them want to act out even more,” said Mary Carter. “I don’t feel like that would solve the problem because I feel that kids that would adhere to the curfew aren’t the ones causing the problems to begin with.”

So, stricter laws would only affect the law-abiding? Where have I heard that argument before?
Wiscosotan

Postby photogpat on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:40 am

Its funny that no one from the other side of the debate sees the irony.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby TTS on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 am

So true!
Owner
TTS

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:29 am

Need more youth centers where the kids can play kickball and learn pottery!
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby tman on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 am

Squib Joe wrote:Need more youth centers where the kids can play kickball and learn pottery!

Surely, you haven't forgot about the famous MIDNIGHT BASKETBALL program? A resounding success, I'm sure.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby plblark on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:43 am

I don't know, I think it view with the cops serving lemonade idea for it's success rate.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby trex021 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm sure the eco-friendly feel good expensive DiD Segways and police electric golf carts are putting fear into the hoodlums hearts as well.
trex021

Postby Pezhead on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:23 pm

I try very hard to avoid downtown. Now If I where to go I like to have some of the "enlightened" with me. They can blow their whistle or rattle keys. I'm sure I'd be safe with them.
Pezhead

Postby TTS on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:33 pm

It is really too bad, I love Brit's and the Newsroom.
Owner
TTS

Postby illbits on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Careful down there guys. I bet every one of those upstanding young adults are armed with iced tea AND Skittles.
illbits

Postby TTS on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:58 pm

illbits wrote:Careful down there guys. I bet every one of those upstanding young adults are armed with iced tea AND Skittles.

Not sure how to take this... :?:
Owner
TTS

Postby BemidjiDweller on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:03 pm

I was talking with my roommate today about these mob attacks. I was saying if they attacked me and who ever I was with, I would draw and fire. Now don't get me wrong, I was specifically thinking if me and mine were being attacked instead of who ever was unfortunate enough in the video. I don't see any retreat options for those unfortunate victims, and the attackers were not going lightly on them either. People have been put in the hospital because of attacks like this. He said I would go to prison for murder if I used my handgun. When 10-15 people are rushing and beating the snot out of 2-3 people, I don't see how that isn't self defense to use my firearm (again, saying it was me being attack in the video). I am baffled at his reasoning, he thinks that it doesn't matter if there were 15 attackers and only 3 victims, if one of the victims shot and killed an attacker, the victim would be guilty of murder and put away.

I guess this makes sense to him, since he thinks only LE and military should be allowed to own firearms. Convient cause he is going to be a cop, so he doesn't have to give up his firearms.

Sorry for the semi rant.
BemidjiDweller

Postby TTS on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:21 pm

BemidjiDweller wrote:I was talking with my roommate today about these mob attacks. I was saying if they attacked me and who ever I was with, I would draw and fire. Now don't get me wrong, I was specifically thinking if me and mine were being attacked instead of who ever was unfortunate enough in the video. I don't see any retreat options for those unfortunate victims, and the attackers were not going lightly on them either. People have been put in the hospital because of attacks like this. He said I would go to prison for murder if I used my handgun. When 10-15 people are rushing and beating the snot out of 2-3 people, I don't see how that isn't self defense to use my firearm (again, saying it was me being attack in the video). I am baffled at his reasoning, he thinks that it doesn't matter if there were 15 attackers and only 3 victims, if one of the victims shot and killed an attacker, the victim would be guilty of murder and put away.

I guess this makes sense to him, since he thinks only LE and military should be allowed to own firearms. Convient cause he is going to be a cop, so he doesn't have to give up his firearms.

Sorry for the semi rant.

5-10 youth surrounding you and stomping on your head...

1. Immediate fear of great bodily harm or death - Check
2. Innocent party - Check
3. No reasonable means of retreat - Check
4. No lesser force will do - Check

Tell your friend he needs to read the law regarding use of lethal force a little more closely.
Owner
TTS

Re: Mob attacks in Minneapolis - KARE11 report

Postby minnesotatv on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:35 am

minnesotatv

Next

Return to In The News