One more sought in attempted abduction.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

One more sought in attempted abduction.

Postby justaguy on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:11 pm

I thought you were supposed to comply and not upset your attackers.

http://www.startribune.com/local/17225784.html
One more sought in attempted abduction of girl in St. Paul

One man has been jailed after he and another person tried to pull a 14-year-old into their vehicle on Tuesday. The girl hung onto the car's exterior and was dragged 30 feet.

By ANTHONY LONETREE, Star Tribune
Last update: April 2, 2008 - 1:21 PM

One man has been jailed and is awaiting charges after what St. Paul police described as a harrowing -- and successful -- effort by a 14-year-old girl to break free of an attempted abduction Tuesday on the city's East Side.

The incident occurred about 11 a.m. as the girl walked with headphones on near E. 7th and Mendota streets, and a tan car approached, police spokesman Tom Walsh said.

One of two men got out of the vehicle, he said, and tried to pull her inside, forcing a struggle during which she held onto the car's exterior and was dragged about 30 feet.

"Eventually, the two gave up," Walsh said, "and she was able to let go of the car."

The victim got a partial number off of the license plate, and police were able to track down both the vehicle and its registered owner, a 31-year-old St. Paul man who was taken into custody at the Ramsey County jail about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The girl has told police she didn't know the men, Walsh said. "The fact that he won't talk to us is an indicator, we believe."

The suspect, whom the girl identified through a photo lineup, could be charged Thursday, he added. The man's criminal history consists of only traffic violations, Walsh said.

Police still were looking for the second suspect, described as a man of Middle Eastern or African descent, in his mid-20s to mid-30s, with short hair, medium height and medium-to-slight build.

The men's motives, Walsh said, "would be just speculation at this point."

The girl, who suffered abrasions to her legs and hips, was taken to Children's Hospital, where she was treated and released, he said.

Police were unaware of any similar recent incidents in St. Paul.

"This is pretty unusual," Walsh said.

Anthony Lonetree • 651-298-1545
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Re: One more sought in attempted abduction.

Postby GregM on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:04 pm

Well done, Miss!

But don't walk around with headphones on.
FLEE IF YOU CAN. FIGHT IF YOU MUST.
GregM

Postby ttousi on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:33 pm

low life scum............hope they catch the other.
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Pat on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Just too evil for words...

This is how I will teach my daughters to handle this crap:

"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby Fast351 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:53 am

Very well done! Not only did she fight to stay out of the car, she probably got the evidence that helped nail these scumbags in the form of a partial plate.

I teach my wife this as well: DON'T EVER ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE TRANSPORTED TO A SECOND CRIME SCENE!!!

Your odds of survival decline from 75% to something like 10%.

Fight, run, claw your way free.
Fast351

Postby chunkstyle on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:32 am

Given the description of the BG's, this might well go under the "Fitna" posting...
"In his library at Simi Valley, dead Reagan waits dreaming"
chunkstyle

Return to In The News