The unwashed "crowd" masses in Minneapolis...

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

The unwashed "crowd" masses in Minneapolis...

Postby yuppiejr on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:40 pm

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/04/1 ... s-meeting/

The photo does a great job of making the 'crowd' look a lot bigger than it was, maybe a couple hundred with a random collection of different signs/causes all kind of thrown together in an unwashed menagarie that passed pretty quickly while I enjoyed lunch at Masa. The numbers look bigger than they are in the photo because these jokers decide to have their little garbage can banging festival right in the middle of the downtown lunch hour when the streets are full of downtownies with actual jobs trying to find lunch/run errands.

I'll give them credit for being organized, they even brought their own crossing guards to keep the kiddies safe though they did manage to force a couple of ambulances to detour in their crusade for social justice and more free stuff for everyone.

The ultimate irony... Glade had a truck parked right on the corner of Peavy plaza, where the mooch party began, handing our free samples of various air freshners and scented sprays... might go buy some shares in SC Johnson just because I appreciate the sense of humor someone in marketing had today.
yuppiejr

Re: The unwashed "crowd" masses in Minneapolis...

Postby Heffay on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Hahhaha! Losers. We're so much better than them!
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Squib Joe on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Heffay wrote:Hahhaha! Losers. We're so much better than them!

Protesting is so dumb. Get a life, people. You smell bad!

"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby yuppiejr on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:05 pm

These folks were not exactly protesting taxation without representation ... examples of the signs I read involved punishing those who've dared to succeed, looking for a free college education or ending foreclosure for deadbeats who don't pay their mortgage...
yuppiejr

Postby Heffay on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:08 pm

yuppiejr wrote:These folks were not exactly protesting taxation without representation ... examples of the signs I read involved punishing those who've dared to succeed, looking for a free college education or ending foreclosure for deadbeats who don't pay their mortgage...

I know! What a bunch of losers. I'm glad we're better citizens than they are. They just don't matter, and the sooner they realize it, the better.

Now, let's start calling around to make sure stand your ground makes progress this time!
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby CarryCauseICan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:28 pm

I know! What a bunch of losers. I'm glad we're better citizens than they are. They just don't matter, and the sooner they realize it, the better.

Now, let's start calling around to make sure stand your ground makes progress this time![/quote]

Sarcasm? I may be a bit slow. I don't want to read this out of context. :?
Molon Labe!
HEY! Once this girl said, "It's not You, It's Me". I said, "Dang Right It's You! You Heffer!" Si
CarryCauseICan

Postby Spike on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Heffay wrote:
yuppiejr wrote:These folks were not exactly protesting taxation without representation ... examples of the signs I read involved punishing those who've dared to succeed, looking for a free college education or ending foreclosure for deadbeats who don't pay their mortgage...

Now, let's start calling around to make sure stand your ground makes progress this time!

Indeed! Why should anyone be held accountable for their decisions. Since nobody has any control over the consequences to their actions, good or bad, we need to protect the unfortunate and punish the fortunate. :roll:

Wow, this hyperbole stuff is fun. Did anyone change their mind about anything yet?
Spike

Postby Heffay on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:05 pm

Spike wrote:
Heffay wrote:

Indeed! Why should anyone be held accountable for their decisions. Since nobody has any control over the consequences to their actions, good or bad, we need to protect the unfortunate and punish the fortunate.

That's totally not what I was going for. I was saying protesters are losers and we should make fun of all the dirty hippies for being a bunch of losers. Protesting! Like that ever made a difference!
Heffay

Postby crbutler on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:52 pm

It is one's right to protest.

However, if you wish to effect change, it usually helps if you don't offend most people while doing so.

I usually don't do too well there, so me protesting is pretty pointless.
crbutler

Postby TTS on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Protesting is not the problem, it is the 99%ers who bitch about the 1% (who pays for most of their social programs) that are the problem.
Owner
Tactical Training Solutions
Specializing in Self Defense and Firearms Training
http://www.minnesotaccw.com
TTS

Postby yuppiejr on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Pretty much, if a bunch of dirty tent dwellers wants to take all of their free time (thanks to my generous tax donations) and spend it protesting and doing little to effect meaningful change it's certainly within their rights, heck I encourage it this year where it's more likely to hurt a certain king of freebies this November via association. :)

I reserve my right to sit in a decent restaurant over my lunch hour and make smarmy comments about their "give me free stuff" mockery of a protest while they bang garbage cans and annoy the working folks downtown who might otherwise sympathize with their cause.
yuppiejr

Postby Spike on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Heffay wrote:
Spike wrote:
Heffay wrote:

Indeed! Why should anyone be held accountable for their decisions. Since nobody has any control over the consequences to their actions, good or bad, we need to protect the unfortunate and punish the fortunate.

That's totally not what I was going for. I was saying protesters are losers and we should make fun of all the dirty hippies for being a bunch of losers. Protesting! Like that ever made a difference!

How about not editing me when you quote me without indicating that you did so. You work for the liberal media?
Spike

Postby Heffay on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Spike wrote:How about not editing me when you quote me without indicating that you did so. You work for the liberal media?

I just took out all the stupid parts. You should be thanking me! I'm making you look more intelligent.

You're welcome.
Heffay

Postby Spike on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Heffay wrote:
Spike wrote:How about not editing me when you quote me without indicating that you did so. You work for the liberal media?

I just took out all the stupid parts. You should be thanking me! I'm making you look more intelligent.

You're welcome.

yea, keep up the good work. Adding value to threads as usual. :roll:
Spike

Postby Heffay on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:06 am

Spike wrote:
Heffay wrote:

You're welcome.

yea, keep up the good work. Adding value to threads as usual. :roll:

Adding value to this thread? This whole thread is garbage.
Heffay

Next

Return to In The News