Echoes of Trayvon Martin in Wisconsin shooting

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Echoes of Trayvon Martin in Wisconsin shooting

Postby maxjam on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:56 pm

http://www.startribune.com/local/148402995.html?page=all&prepage=2&c=y#continue

Castle doctrin under attack in Wisconsin and other states.
maxjam

Re: Echoes of Trayvon Martin in Wisconsin shooting

Postby infidel on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:07 pm

maxjam wrote:http://www.startribune.com/local/148402995.html?page=all&prepage=2&c=y#continue

Castle doctrin under attack in Wisconsin and other states.

Hard for me to be outraged without knowing the races of those involved. /
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby CarryCauseICan on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:40 pm

I saw that this morning too. What is the trib thinking by running this? Even my lib bro-in-law was like, WTF? :?
Molon Labe!
HEY! Once this girl said, "It's not You, It's Me". I said, "Dang Right It's You! You Heffer!" Si
CarryCauseICan

Postby jshuberg on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:36 pm

The liberal news media is trying to build support for gun control, that's all this is.

There are consequences for bad decisions. Breaking into someones house in the middle of the night is a really bad decision. Perhaps someone should have told him this at some point.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby justaguy on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:27 pm

jshuberg wrote:The liberal news media is trying to build support for gun control, that's all this is.

Gun control doesn't need the media to get its support. Even the average gun owner is for gun control.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby 2beer on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:31 pm

its pretty simple, dont enter someones house uninvited and there is nothing to worry about.
2beer

Postby Heffay on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:48 pm

2beer wrote:its pretty simple, dont enter someones house uninvited and there is nothing to worry about.

What if you're running from a BG because you can't shoot straight, and your only option is to seek refuge in a neighborhood house?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby 2beer on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:49 pm

go somewhere else :lol:
2beer

Postby justaguy on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:51 pm

2beer wrote:its pretty simple, dont enter someones house uninvited and there is nothing to worry about.

Its not that simple.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby 2beer on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:53 pm

justaguy wrote:

Its not that simple.

please elaborate, I have all afternoon. Stay your a$$ out of other peoples home's. . . . .
2beer

Postby justaguy on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:57 pm

2beer wrote:
justaguy wrote:

Its not that simple.

please elaborate, I have all afternoon. Stay your a$$ out of other peoples home's. . . . .

Well, some might argue that simply coming into your home isn't a felony.

I call it the "Trinitron debate".
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby goalie on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:40 pm

2beer wrote:
justaguy wrote:

Its not that simple.

I always thought it would have been great if the Alzheimer's patient that escaped from the nursing home was a "morgue" run instead of a "back to the nursing home" run because the homeowner was a trigger-happy person.......[/sarcasm]

:roll:

(and that is just one thing that I saw working on an ambulance. I'm sure one could come up with about a zillion reasons that someone could enter the wrong home and not intend harm upon the occupants. But hey, shoot them all, leg god sort 'em out, eh???)
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby CarryCauseICan on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:46 pm

justaguy wrote:

Its not that simple.

It is that simple! :roll:
Molon Labe!
HEY! Once this girl said, "It's not You, It's Me". I said, "Dang Right It's You! You Heffer!" Si
CarryCauseICan

Postby infidel on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:12 pm

CarryCauseICan wrote:
justaguy wrote:

Its not that simple.

It is that simple! :roll:

As was pointed out, there are many circumstances where one could be a "confused" person. Just entering a dwelling does not constitute an immediate threat to you or anyone else. It is not that simple.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby 2beer on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Sweet Jesus. I was referring to the case at hand. You boys sure do like to pick it apart. I'm pretty sure your average Alzheimer's patient won't bust the door down or knock a window out to get into your house either. Despite my "simple" comment I think a little judgement and self control from the occupant of the house/apartment/townhouse/dwelling/residence goes along ways.

In the future I will be sure to be much more specific when posting.
2beer

Next

Return to In The News