Latest: Deputies arrest home invasion suspects

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Latest: Deputies arrest home invasion suspects

Postby princewally on Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:33 pm

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 70074/1009

COKATO — Deputies arrested three men in relation to a home invasion and burglary Tuesday in Cokato.

A resident reported the home invasion at 5:49 a.m. Tuesday on 60th Street Southwest in Victor Township. A resident reported that he woke and heard someone inside his home, Sheriff Gary Miller said.

The homeowner chased a man down the flight of stairs into his yard, firing shots at the suspect, Miller said. The suspect got into a Chevrolet Tahoe and fled the area.

The homeowner went back into his home and found a second suspect had fled out the window, Miller said.

Several items were missing from the home. Deputies searched the area for the suspects, but nothing was found.

Later that day, police found a Tahoe in the Cokato Elementary parking lot. There was a bullet hole in the vehicle.

At 10:30 p.m. that same day police received a report of a car prowler in Cokato. Deputies responding arrested Michael Rolla, 20, of Blaine for outstanding warrants.

Miller said Rolla gave deputies information about the home invasion. Rolla faces first-degree burglary charges for the home invasion.

The investigation continued and police searched Kyle Posusta’s apartment Wednesday at 300 Millard Ave. in Cokato.

Deputies found a majority of the items stolen during the home invasion, Miller said. Posusta, 24, and Jeremy Fuller, 18, of Coon Rapids were arrested. Both face charges relating to the home invasion.

Miller said there is an ongoing investigation that implicates Fuller and Rolla in previous bank burglaries.

Shooting at a fleeing home invader is definitely not the legal advice I give, but this is the closest I've seen to a heartwarming home invasion story. Something about identifying a getaway vehicle by the bullet holes makes me smile a bit.

DISCLAIMER: Don't shoot burglars who are running away! It's not good for your freedom, or your wallet! Don't do it!
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Re: Latest: Deputies arrest home invasion suspects

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:38 pm

princewally wrote:DISCLAIMER: Don't shoot burglars who are running away! It's not good for your freedom, or your wallet! Don't do it!

Good safety tip Egon.

In my permit class, the instructor drove this point home repeatedly, and IMHO it makes sense.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby lenny7 on Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:40 pm

princewally wrote:The homeowner chased a man down the flight of stairs into his yard, firing shots at the suspect,

Not good. I'm not necessarily against it, but I'd never shoot a fleeing burglar.
lenny7

Postby JohninMinnesota on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:28 pm

I have to admit, it warms the cockles of my heart to hear that there are still places where being a home invader can be more dangerous for the invader than they ever anticipated... this happened a mile from my place about a year ago to the day, only the invadee ended up getting choked to death by her attacker. Wish she had been armed and was able to shoot that bastard.

I wonder if these guys were first time offenders? Anyone wanna guess what their history looked like?

Do you think they will be out of jail and re-offend in the next year or so?

Do you think the homeowner will have to pay for the damage to the car, or get any citations for any part in this?

Anyone want to guess if the burglars were meth or crack users? Anyone?
anger burns and fills with hatred - wreaks havoc on the soul - what goes out comes back three fold - end it now
JohninMinnesota

Postby princewally on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:45 pm

JohninMinnesota wrote:
I wonder if these guys were first time offenders? Anyone wanna guess what their history looked like?

Two of the three are suspects in bank robberies.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby rtk on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Good thing that they didn't try breaking into to the Rainbow Sportsmans Club while one of the "infamous" classes was going on or they may have had deal with a determined man welding a purse :o .

rtk
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby ttousi on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:18 pm

rtk wrote:Good thing that they didn't try breaking into to the Rainbow Sportsmans Club while one of the "infamous" classes was going on or they may have had deal with a determined man welding a purse :o .

rtk

wielding a purse maybe.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:27 pm

ttousi wrote:
rtk wrote:Good thing that they didn't try breaking into to the Rainbow Sportsmans Club while one of the "infamous" classes was going on or they may have had deal with a determined man welding a purse :o .

rtk

wielding a purse maybe.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, to be honest, if he was welding it, at least it is somewhat of a manly purse, being metal and all........ Lunchbox maybe? :lol:
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby rtk on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:50 pm

It was the thought that counted :lol: :lol: :lol:

rtk(who needs to SLOW DOWN )
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby 1911fan on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:18 pm

Being far enough out side the metro area, I do believe the rural interpretation of the law stands, "if you got a clear shot, shoot!"
1911fan

Postby Widge on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:23 pm

lenny7 wrote:
princewally wrote:The homeowner chased a man down the flight of stairs into his yard, firing shots at the suspect,

Not good. I'm not necessarily against it, but I'd never shoot a fleeing burglar.

I would, if he was shooting at me. However, in this case I wouldn't.
I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Widge

Return to In The News