Piers Morgan interviews Michael Moore on Gun Control

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Piers Morgan interviews Michael Moore on Gun Control

Postby Paul on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Whenever I hear a celebrity speak out against guns, I'm always reminded of Rosie O'Donnell and her armed security staff.

It wouldn't shock me at all if Michael Moore has an armed staff, or would call upon one if needed.
Paul

Postby redaudi on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:42 am

Doubtless. Yet the rest of us don't deserve the same protection.

I like how he "REFUSES TO LIVE IN A COUNTRY LIKE THIS", then refuses to leave.

Personally I wish he would shut up or go away. I'd be happy either way.
O.o derp
redaudi

Postby photogpat on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:19 am

There's a part in bowling for Columbine where he goes over to Windsor Ontario (just across from Detroit). He finds gun owners, finds how easy it is to be one, and buy ammo. Then makes a comment about whats different across the river in Detroit with a murder rate XXX% higher than Windsor.

I took that to mean there are forces at play OTHER than just having firearms.

Anyone else remember that part of the film? I know its a trashy hit piece, but it was on Netflix, and I got bored in an airport once.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Pezhead on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:52 am

I've never seen the movie. I don't think I ever will. I'd get to frustrated. :x
Pezhead

Piers Morgan interviews Michael Moore on Gun Control

Postby aaron878 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:07 am

photogpat wrote:There's a part in bowling for Columbine where he goes over to Windsor Ontario (just across from Detroit). He finds gun owners, finds how easy it is to be one, and buy ammo. Then makes a comment about whats different across the river in Detroit with a murder rate XXX% higher than Windsor.

Anyone else remember that part of the film? I know its a trashy hit piece, but it was on Netflix, and I got bored in an airport once.

I do remember that as being the "moral" of the story. I think Moore's biggest issue with the NRA was the fact that they were going from national tragedy to national tragedy setting up rallies in an attempt to counter the gun control arguments that pop up after a mass shooting.
aaron878

Postby tazdevil on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:12 am

aaron878 wrote:
photogpat wrote:There's a part in bowling for Columbine where he goes over to Windsor Ontario (just across from Detroit). He finds gun owners, finds how easy it is to be one, and buy ammo. Then makes a comment about whats different across the river in Detroit with a murder rate XXX% higher than Windsor.

I do remember that as being the "moral" of the story. I think Moore's biggest issue with the NRA was the fact that they were going from national tragedy to national tragedy setting up rallies in an attempt to counter the gun control arguments that pop up after a mass shooting.

This is different from the Anti's using every tragedy such as this as their soapbox how? Especially how quickly and early on they do, dancing on the graves of the dead BEFORE any have even been buried! (and i've seen some pro-gun people do it too, either way its f-ing sick!)
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby jgalt on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:24 am

I do remember that part. I also remember the part where he walked down a block in Canada and simply walked into every closed-but-unlocked door he found and started talking to the residents. I don't remember how many he found, but it was a huge percentage of the one's he tried... :shock:

As for being bored, I've got you beat there. I was visiting my sister-in-law and watch "Bowling for Columbine" & "An Inconvenient Truth" in the same weekend... I've gotta give Michael Moore props - he at least made a semi-entertaining, if completely wrong-headed movie. AlGore's piece of **** would have been completely unwatchable under nearly any other circumstance (I really didn't want to be visiting the in-laws that weekend... :lol: ).
jgalt

Postby photogpat on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:30 am

jgalt wrote:

I do remember that part. I also remember the part where he walked down a block in Canada and simply walked into every closed-but-unlocked door he found and started talking to the residents. I don't remember how many he found, but it was a huge percentage of the one's he tried... :shock:

I feel that shows quite conclusively that there's a culture of violence, and fear of that violence at play in the US. So, instead of addressing the violence (or offenders) people like Moore would rather address the implement; completely ignoring the cycle of poverty, mental illness and/or familial breakdown that got us in trouble in the first place (Disclaimer: I'm not a psychologist, urban planner, or sociologist).

...or else he's right and "gunz r bad" m'kay?
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby T.P.F.K.A.M on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:56 am

Paul wrote:it wouldn't shock me at all if Michael Moore has an armed staff, or would call upon one if needed.

I know of several occasions when this has been true, he also has at least one of his own

And here is another interesting article excerp

"Filmmaker Michael Moore's bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New York's JFK airport Wednesday night.
Police took Patrick Burke, who says Moore employs him, into custody after he declared he was carrying a firearm at a ticket counter. Burke is licensed to carry a firearm in Florida and California, but not in New York. Burke was taken to Queens central booking and could potentially be charged with a felony for the incident."
T.P.F.K.A.M

Return to In The News