yop, only cops.....

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: yop, only cops.....

Postby OldmanFCSA on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:35 pm

From another Forum from a person who KNOWS.

Posted Today, 05:19 PM

If he did indeed spend time at Dam Neck that would indicate he was a member of what used to be called SEAL Team 6( disbanded 1987, still called by the media as Team 6) now known as DEVGRU under JSOC ,his mid police career deployment would seem to indicate that he is no low level operator , he is in fact a high level Operator of extreme skill .
Everything he has done to this point aside from the despicable murders, is in line with what an Operator would do in a SERE situation ,it starts with his manifesto and the laying of false trails ,the base hotel, the bay , the airport and the mountain all are false trails !!
He has them scared out of their wits, this is why the two shootings by the police of innocent civilians , what the media is not telling us is that the police have issued a "shoot on sight" order which is Not legal under due process of law (under the current President`s EO they may think it is but is Not !!).

This will play out over a much longer time period than most expect ! The police are used to dealing with sheeple Not a trained and experienced Operator who believes he was wronged (as i do too ) and he has nothing left except for Revenge and he has already dug his own grave ! There is Nothing more dangerous than this man is !!! Even DEVGRU (aka Team 6 ) would have serious trouble catching/killing this man .

"R" wondered about when the first Drone strike in the USA would happen on a US citizen, well i suspect he will be the first .

"B" , I do not think he will use a 50 because he is "Going Ghost" so no APC will get a chance to be used in his AO , Strike and Vanish is standard Operator doctrine . I do not believe they will encounter him before a strike or most likely after one either because he is Ghosting !

Right or wrong the police have drawn upon them selves an implacable foe who knows how they operate and will use it against them in the most effective and effiecent manner with the least chance of being pinned by them .

=====================================================
OldmanFCSA

Postby jshuberg on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Being that he starts his entire posting with IF, I wouldn't say he knows definitively, but it's possible if Dorner was active duty before becoming a reservist. My speculation above was based on the presumption that he was always a reservist. I could very easily have been wrong on that (or any of this for that matter).

I find it really interesting that his Navy career is being completely under reported. Undersea warfare, oil rig security, rifle marksman and pistol expert, and now they are reporting that he also received flight training while in the Navy:
Los Angeles police believe Dorner may have received some flight training during his time in the Navy, however, they are unsure of the extent of his abilities

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/02/ ... -airports/

He may have received flight training, but they're unsure of his abilities? I call BS. If he attended flight school, they would know exactly the extent of his training. I'm certain the Navy is cooperating with the LAPD, they simply aren't telling the public everything.

As far as him only being an untrained "supervisor", two days before he went on his killing spree he went to a sporting goods store to get two SCUBA tanks refilled and to purchase a third:
http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/11/lapd-manh ... e-murders/

Inshore undersea warfare implies he was either SEAL or EOD. Flight training would seem to narrow it to his being a SEAL. This is all speculation, but there aren't very many Naval officers who have both aviation and undersea warfare training. It's a very scary thing.......
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby 20mm on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 am

jshuberg wrote:Inshore undersea warfare implies he was either SEAL or EOD. Flight training would seem to narrow it to his being a SEAL. This is all speculation, but there aren't very many Naval officers who have both aviation and undersea warfare training. It's a very scary thing.......

I would speculate that he's trained like Steven Seagal myself.

http://www.10news.com/news/investigatio ... er02072013
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:47 pm

C. Dornner.jpg
LL-Cool-J-16450351-1-402.jpg
LL-Cool-J-16450351-1-402.jpg (77.21 KB) Viewed 4546 times

It obvious! Dornner is hiding in plain site at the Grammys as LL Cool J! :D
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Paul on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:52 pm

Have you seen the movie SWAT? Don't mess with him. There is a reason that Ladies Love Cool J.
Paul

Postby tman on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Seems to be more Walter Mitty than John Rambo.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby farmerj on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 pm

dead men don't talk though.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

yop, only cops.....

Postby jshuberg on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Could you imagine what would have happened with the issue of gun control and "assault weapons" if this went on for months where cops were being picked off one by one? I'm really, really glad this ended quickly. Not only for the lives of the cops he was targeting, but for all of us that want to preserve our rights.

Personally I think it's very possible he was railroaded out of LAPD as he claimed, but this wasn't a movie, and he wasn't an anti-hero to root for. He was a murderer that was ruining innocent peoples lives, and could have done real damage to firearms rights at a critical point in time. I'm glad they've shut him down.
NRA Life Member
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby Snakeman721 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Did they? Did they shut him down? All they have is charred remains and, subject to a DNA test, I'm still skeptical. If this guy was such an "operator" why the Hell did he hang around in the mountains? I thought he was laying false trails and would be out of state by now. Course, maybe he is....maybe the charred body isn't him. I'll wait for DNA results first before I agree that this thing is over.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Paul on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:Did they? Did they shut him down? All they have is charred remains and, subject to a DNA test, I'm still skeptical. If this guy was such an "operator" why the Hell did he hang around in themountains? I thought he was laying false trails woulbe out of state by now. Course, maybe he is....maybe the charred body isn't him. I'll wait for DNA results first before I agree that this thing is over.

I think it was just the "in the know" folks on the internet who wanted him to be a hard core operator so they could share their own expertise on his tactics.
Paul

Postby Greg on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Paul wrote:
Snakeman721 wrote:Did they? Did they shut him down? All they have is charred remains and, subject to a DNA test, I'm still skeptical. If this guy was such an "operator" why the Hell did he hang around in themountains? I thought he was laying false trails woulbe out of state by now. Course, maybe he is....maybe the charred body isn't him. I'll wait for DNA results first before I agree that this thing is over.

I think it was just the "in the know" folks on the internet who wanted him to be a hard core operator so they could share their own expertise on his tactics.

Exactly!!!
Diesel Boats and tube radios forever!
Greg

Postby jshuberg on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:23 pm

I still believe that he was probably an EOD, and that it could have gone bad if he would have introduced explosives into his revenge plans. Fox news last night stated again that he had undersea demolition experience in the Navy, which is exactly what an EOD is. This would explain why his Navy career recently ended - they closed EOD to reservists at the beginning of this year, leaving him with no military and no law enforcement career options. They also showed a timeline when he joined the Naval reserve. It doesn't appear that he was ever active, so he could *not* have been a SEAL (the only other Navy occupation that does undersea demolitions/warfare). The number of mistakes and bungles he made while on the run also shows he wasn't much of an "operator".

I doubt very much he performed some Houdini trick and got out of there alive. He was a bad guy who killed innocent people, and would have given added fuel to gun control arguments if the police weren't able to shut him down quickly. I feel bad for how he was mistreated, but that's no reason to go Rambo on the police (or try and fail to go Rambo as it turned out).
NRA Life Member
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby Paul on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:35 pm

He likely was some EOD guy, but I wouldn't put much faith in the media. This is the same media that yesterday reported that they recovered his body, then they didn't, oh wait they did. That already established he must have had a cabin in the woods otherwise he wouldn't have been able to survive for 5 days on his own, that the temperatures were freezing (50 degrees) and they didn't know if responding officers could handle the cold. It was also a serious situation as the police on scene were "armed". They also had military semi-automatic weapons and one of the officers was clearly expecting trouble as he had one hand resting on his slung rifle. Just saying.
Paul

Postby 20mm on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:41 am

In case you missed it, here is the information the Navy released concerning his service:

http://www.10news.com/news/investigatio ... er02072013

BIOGRAPHICAL DATA

Name: Christopher Jordan Dorner
Home of Record: La Palma, CA
Date Commissioned: 3 July 2002
Loss Date: 1 Feb 2013

Rank/Date of Rank: Lieutenant / 1 August 2006

Service Dates/Assignments: Arrived Detached

Various Reserve Units 1Dec2009 21Jan2010
Navy Reserve NAS Fallon, NV 7Mar2009 30Nov2009
Navy Mobilization Processing Site (NMPS)
San Diego, CA 23Apr2007 29May2007
Coastal Riverine Group Two Det Bahrain 3Nov2006 23Apr2007
Coastal Riverine Group One, San Diego, CA 10Jul2006 31Oct2006
NMPS San Diego, CA 6Jul2006 10Jul2006
Mobile Inshore Undersea Warfare Unit 23Jun2004 28Feb2006
Navy Personnel Command 16Jun2004 22Jun2004
Various Aviation Training Units 4Jul2002 15Jun2004

Awards and Decorations

National Defense Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Sea Service Deployment Medal
Navy Marine Corps Overseas Service Ribbon
Armed Forces Reserve Medal w/ “M” Device
Rifle Marksman Ribbon
Pistol Expert Medal
20mm

Postby farmerj on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:15 am

Nothing special in that release
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

PreviousNext

Return to In The News