Man slap crying baby goes from bad to worse

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Man slap crying baby goes from bad to worse

Postby AgAuTHORITY on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:58 pm

http://www.inquisitr.com/526615/man-slaps-crying-baby-on-flight-calls-it-racist-epithet-gets-arrested/

Things that jumped out to me:

Atlanta-bound flight.......from Minneapolis on February 8.

After the man slaps the crying baby, police also found that he was intoxicated and carrying a concealed weapon.

Article corrected: (UPDATE: A previous version of this story misidentified the man who slaps the crying baby as being charged with carrying a concealed weapon. That charge was from a previous incident.)

all around wow

Ag
Last edited by AgAuTHORITY on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
AgAuTHORITY

Re: Man slap crying baby goes from bad to worse

Postby MXGreg on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 pm

They should have just put him off the plane on the spot.

I've never been on a plane that seats more than six, and never will.
MXGreg

Postby 20mm on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:28 am

AgAuTHORITY wrote:After the man slaps the crying baby, police also found that he was intoxicated and carrying a concealed weapon.

Those were separate incidents. He didn't have a firearm on the plane.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby Jeff Bergquist on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:35 am

AgAuTHORITY wrote:After the man slaps the crying baby, police also found that he was intoxicated and carrying a concealed weapon.

Sam Spade was on that flight?
The bold type giveth, the fine print taketh away.
Jeff Bergquist

Postby AgAuTHORITY on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:25 am

20mm wrote:

See the article has been corrected since I read it the first time. sorry about that, duped by the comprehensive media coverage.....again....

Ag
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
AgAuTHORITY

Postby BemidjiDweller on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:17 am

20mm wrote:

Who said it was a firearm?
BemidjiDweller

Postby 2in2out on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 pm

MXGreg wrote:I've never been on a plane that seats more than six, and never will.

That would be awesome. Without an instrument ticket or the time to dodge weather, I sometimes have to fly commercially to get anywhere.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby 20mm on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:41 pm

BemidjiDweller wrote:Who said it was a firearm?

Good point, allegedly it was a corkscrew: http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2013/02 ... r-baby-up/

Next we'll find out he didn't actually hit the baby, but used vigorous gestures and harsh language.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby MXGreg on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:55 pm

I'll take back what I said earlier until all the facts come out. When your only witness was someone who was sitting 12 rows ahead, it doesn't lend much credibility to your story.
MXGreg

Postby CraigJS on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:48 am

CCO said there was a federal agent on that flight, and saw what went on. Question, why is the guy only being charged with simple assault ? It was in an aircraft. Didn't the flight crew see her standing for 90 min. by the bath room ? Also why didn't the mother report this idiot to a steward ? I don't think all the facts are out there yet. Strange! I know one thing others HAD to have seen what was going on.. I have a 18 mo. old grand son, if it had been me and not her, that guy would be sipping soup through a straw for a LONG time. I perhaps would be in trouble after wards but don't care. Delta would be along with the creep, be paying for his future education.
CraigJS

Return to In The News