Barrett stop sales to NY

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Barrett stop sales to NY

Postby heavygunner on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:30 pm

This great hope more and more gun manufactors do this alone with ammo companies :salute: makes me want a 50 cal even more
heavygunner

Re: Barrett stop sales to NY

Postby greenfarmer on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:52 pm

I emailed Ronnie about a week or so ago. I figured he was going to do this, because when california banned civilian ownership of a 50, Ronnie ceased all sales and support to law enforcement in California. Don't be a bit surprised when he starts this with other states. The more he does it, i think the government might take notice then. Barret's 50 is sold all over the world. And i'm pretty sure the US won't want to be the one army without it.
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby Paul on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:57 pm

So do you think lawmakers are taking note that manufacturers are cutting off sales and taking it as a positive or negative thing? To them, it's probably a win. Fewer guns coming into the state!
Paul

Postby greenfarmer on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:17 pm

I think it's a positive. Atleast if they are smart. And nobody accused the government of ever being smart.

It's positive if they actually realize that because nobody is selling to LE, that there are still going to be illegal guns coming into these states. Guns that aren't tracked, possibly older, or ones that have been sold, sold again, and again, and are almost impossible to track. Now, with these illegal guns, and nothing new going to LE, how would they stand much of a chance if something would happen? Maybe government would smarten up, or wisen up on this.
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby tman on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:27 am

If there's a federal ban, will he stop sales to the military, too?
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby t140 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:01 am

greenfarmer wrote:I emailed Ronnie about a week or so ago. I figured he was going to do this, because when california banned civilian ownership of a 50, Ronnie ceased all sales and support to law enforcement in California. Don't be a bit surprised when he starts this with other states. The more he does it, i think the government might take notice then. Barret's 50 is sold all over the world. And i'm pretty sure the US won't want to be the one army without it.

I seriously doubt he will stop military sales.
t140

Return to In The News