Thought of buying a GM car lately? …….

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Thought of buying a GM car lately? …….

Postby Heffay on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:30 pm

grousemaster wrote:
White Horseradish wrote:
sansooshooter wrote:With that being said, China does produce a lot of poor quality goods. I am in manufacturing and my company competes against Chinese companies .
We have had quite a few customers come back to us after going to China to get a price cut. But after a bout of quality control issues .
They come back and pay more here to be assured of good products.

China can produce everything as good as anyone else. The thing is, it will cost you same as anyone else. The reason they make crap is not because they aren't capable, it's because we order crap and are only willing to pay crap prices.

We also pay a lot for good quality imports. I think the Chinese do lack the capability/technology to product many of the high quality items we pay top dollar for.

Like that piece of crap iPhone?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Heffay on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:30 pm

20mm wrote:
grousemaster wrote:
White Horseradish wrote:China can produce everything as good as anyone else. The thing is, it will cost you same as anyone else. The reason they make crap is not because they aren't capable, it's because we order crap and are only willing to pay crap prices.

We also pay a lot for good quality imports. I think the Chinese do lack the capability/technology to product many of the high quality items we pay top dollar for.

What technology do they lack? If they lack anything it's brand names that are accepted in the USA. China has a capabilities to build almost anything to the standards they want from what I can tell. This is especially true when the government mandates the specifications.

Turbine engines seem to be one of their weaknesses.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby 20mm on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Heffay wrote:Turbine engines seem to be one of their weaknesses.

China begs to differ: http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-708591-1-1.html
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby Heffay on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:57 pm

20mm wrote:
Heffay wrote:Turbine engines seem to be one of their weaknesses.

China begs to differ: http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-708591-1-1.html

Riiiight....
Heffay

Postby mn4wheeler on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:47 pm

I have been a GM guy forever. I really doubt I will ever buy another GM product - ever. One of the perks to my job is a company paid leased car. Right now that car is a 2011 Hyundai Sonata, nice car and all but I think when the lease is up I am probably going to see what Ford has to offer. I really respect the fact that they did NOT take bailout money like GM and Chrysler.
mn4wheeler

Postby Dante on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:23 am

Actually while they may not have taken TARP funds, they did get a government loan in 2009 that they haven't paid back as of last fall.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller ... prise-you/
Dante

Postby qualcorp on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:10 pm

mn4wheeler wrote:I have been a GM guy forever. I really doubt I will ever buy another GM product - ever. One of the perks to my job is a company paid leased car. Right now that car is a 2011 Hyundai Sonata, nice car and all but I think when the lease is up I am probably going to see what Ford has to offer. I really respect the fact that they did NOT take bailout money like GM and Chrysler.

yea but its a ford

Dante wrote:Actually while they may not have taken TARP funds, they did get a government loan in 2009 that they haven't paid back as of last fall.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller ... prise-you/

^^^This
" I know the voices aren't real but they have some good ideas"

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
qualcorp

Previous

Return to In The News