What's wrong with the star trib? I can't believe it!

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby greenfarmer on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:37 am

I can't believe the star tribune and their ani-gun agenda actually printed this story!

http://www.startribune.com/local/200356861.html

Usually they are so anti-gun, and have always campaigned against any 2nd amendment right. And now they go and write an article like this? Is there something wrong there now? Or have they finally figured out that you and I aren't the problem? Have they finally pulled their heads out of their collective "buttocks"???
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Re: What's wrong with the star trib? I can't believe it!

Postby Hmac on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:58 am

I saw that this morning. Front page, above the fold. Feature story. Interesting.
Hmac

Postby greenfarmer on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:28 am

Yeah, very interesting. Especially since they are blaming the you's and me's of the world for all of the gun violence, to actually hit the nail on the head for once.

They mention straw purchases. But their information on straw purchases should be broken down into proper categories. It should be broken down into person A selling a pistol to person B who has a ptc or ptp. Or Person A selling to person B who has a PTC or PTP and go thru an FFL. Which could be the same as the first one. And then Person A selling to Person C who doesn't have a PTP or PTC, and they don't bother with going thru an FFL. But person C makes Person A a crazy offer on the gun and still sells it even though person C doesn't have the PTP or PTC. How many of us sell the gun and actually do it properly. They should break it down.

If they want to eliminate the straw purcases, they shouldnt. They should just police it better. instead of not policing anything! This whole thing comes down to ATF and everyone else actually doing their job! Instead of all of these state patrol and county sheriff's cruising back country roads and not accomplishing a thing. They should concentrate more on eliminating the drug problem and illegal gun problem. Not going after the people who aren't breaking the laws.

I remember when people were testifying in front of the judiciary committe, and the one lady was a teacher and she was saying how kids in school tell her they have guns, and these are 14, 15, and 16 year old kids! Why isn't SHE telling authorities about it? That's part of the problem right there! I bet those guns weren't LEGALLY PURCHASED! Right there is a big issue that needs to be gone after. Not you or I running to a local gun dealer and legally purchasing an AR or pistol to put in our safe and shoot on occassion.

I've come to a conclusion though... the first amendment protects liars and allows print and news media, and politicians to lie thru their teeth! Which leads me to believe i could never run for office! Or work for a newspaper or news channel.
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby sansooshooter on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:08 am

Its front page to try and drum up some more support for the Anti's to rally to!
The story is designed to reinforce the concept that 40% of all gun sales are to criminals from private sale's and straw buys.
sansooshooter

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 am

I'm not sure what the excitement is about - I read the story thinking it was pro-gun. Quite the opposite. They are claiming there are so many guns on the street that you practically trip on them.

Not an article worth celebrating in my opinion.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby BemidjiDweller on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:13 am

What I want to know is how the BATFE knew this: "The ATF checked its records and found that Sandoval had purchased 21 handguns." Where did they get that information? NICS checks are to be deleted after 24 hours if they are not delayed.
BemidjiDweller

Postby grousemaster on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:15 am

BemidjiDweller wrote:What I want to know is how the BATFE knew this: "The ATF checked its records and found that Sandoval had purchased 21 handguns." Where did they get that information? NICS checks are to be deleted after 24 hours if they are not delayed.

If he purchased any of them within two weeks of each other (from the same dealer anyways), those handguns would have records retained.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby NMRMN on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:17 am

yukonjasper wrote:I'm not sure what the excitement is about - I read the story thinking it was pro-gun. Quite the opposite. They are claiming there are so many guns on the street that you practically trip on them.
Not an article worth celebrating in my opinion.

My impression after the first sentence.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby texasprowler on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:12 am

The truly sad part about the rampant dishonesty of this rag is that it will serve as a historical record for hundreds of years to come. Is there no HONOR and INTEGRITY?
texasprowler

Postby Evad on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:00 am

Next thing you know we will find out criminals aren't filing a 1099 form after each robbery. They are getting guns tax free.
Evad

Return to In The News