Want to Thank Heidi Heitkamp from a Nodak Ex Pat

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby Snowgun on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:56 pm

I am going to write to Heidi Heitkamp and thank her for sticking with reality and helping defeat the national gun control bill.

I'm from Nodak originally, and our democrats, who typically get voted into the senate, are not dumb ****. It took courage for a freshman senator to stand up to the Chicago mafia.

I hope that any other like minded people who have ties to Nodak do the same.
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Re: Want to Thank Heidi Heitkamp from a Nodak Ex Pat

Postby DoxaPar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:01 pm

<-- ND native too. I've never been a big fan of hers but yeah, I'm on it.

Thanks for the heads up.
DoxaPar

Postby whiteox on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Snowgun wrote:I am going to write to Heidi Heitkamp and thank her for sticking with reality and helping defeat the national gun control bill.

I'm from Nodak originally, and our democrats, who typically get voted into the senate, are not dumb ****. It took courage for a freshman senator to stand up to the Chicago mafia.

I hope that any other like minded people who have ties to Nodak do the same.

+1
whiteox

Postby goalie on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Wait, I thought they were ALL demoncrats and libtards.....

:roll:
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby DoxaPar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Wow. Heidi Heitkamp's facebook page is depressing. I can't believe the names, slander, lies and mud-slinging they (pro-gun control folks) are throwing at her.

Pretty freaking depressing.
DoxaPar

Postby DoxaPar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:19 pm

Based off the feedback she's getting it would be good for everyone here to write here and thank her.

I'm not a democrat but it's important to acknowledge someone for doing something right.

http://www.heitkamp.senate.gov/contact.cfm
DoxaPar

Postby NMRMN on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:09 pm

I think she is probably just wise enough to know where her bread is buttered. Signing on would have been absolutely toxic for her career. ND is no NY.

...Natasha Weaver Wow, good luck living with your conscience. The faces of those innocent, murdered children should haunt your dreams. You had the power to protect, and instead you were a coward.

...Saeid Nourian Senaor, you warn us about government tyranny but you are the true tyrant for opposing the will of 90% of Americans who demand universal background check. How dare you to think that you know what's good for us? Your job is do what we demand of you not what the NRA demands of you.

...Aquene Freechild Shame on you for voting against protecting our families from gun violence. I hope you think hard about this the next time our kids are slaughtered for no reason. How many more senseless murders will it take?

...Ryan Krog Shame on you, Heidi. My family were strong supporters of you this past fall. Your vote against sensible (and relatively watered down) gun legislation is deeply disappointing. The lack of a moral compass you demonstrated today is repulsive.

...Nathan Tucker May the North Dakota Democratic NPL go bankrupt because your cowardly voice supports them! You are now fundraising poison to any Democratic organization you touch! Any group that supports you will be boycotted severely.

...Rita Armstrong After your vote today. You should not be proud of anything. I hope the party votes you out. how disgusting Not only a democrat but a woman... You should be ashamed.

...Sean Johnson Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!! Will give as much money as legally possible to defeat you in the next election! Get with it! Have you ever had the chance to meet your President?? He is ashamed of you as well. Look at the press conference today and he says just that - shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Diana Campbell Roberts Shameful NRA prostitute!

Those are some unhappy campers... Quite vitriolic.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby tenmilmag on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:09 am

DoxaPar wrote:Based off the feedback she's getting it would be good for everyone here to write here and thank her.

I'm not a democrat but it's important to acknowledge someone for doing something right.

http://www.heitkamp.senate.gov/contact.cfm

Acknowledgement sent. Thank you for the post!
tenmilmag

Postby Snakeman721 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:24 am

Done.......and I'm in MN. Hmmmm, can we do a "foreign exchange" type of deal...her for Franken? :D
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby 911scanner on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:14 am

goalie wrote:Wait, I thought they were ALL demoncrats and libtards.....

Your point is valid goalie, but why stir it up when an olive branch is being extended? Better to be thankful that someone might see it differently.

And, to be clear, it is commendable that she voted her conscience, not the party line.

I think that your comment too deserves an :roll:
911scanner

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 am

Snakeman721 wrote:Done.......and I'm in MN. Hmmmm, can we do a "foreign exchange" type of deal...her for Franken? :D

I would take that deal any day.
Holland&Holland

Postby goalie on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:28 am

911scanner wrote:
goalie wrote:Wait, I thought they were ALL demoncrats and libtards.....

Your point is valid goalie, but why stir it up when an olive branch is being extended? Better to be thankful that someone might see it differently.

And, to be clear, it is commendable that she voted her conscience, not the party line.

I think that your comment too deserves an :roll:

Really? I would think all of the vitriolic crap spewed about demoncrats and libtards would get the eye roll, especially considering the circumstances, but, hey, it's not like we need her vote next time......
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Return to In The News