School Shooting Drill In Oregon

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby rugersol on Thu May 02, 2013 11:27 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/02/surprise-shooting-drill-terrifies-teachers-at-oregon-school/

Teachers attending a meeting at a small school in rural Oregon last Friday were shocked when two masked men wearing hoodies burst into the conference room and pretended to open fire.

The surprise shooting drill at Pine Eagle Charter School in Halfway was designed to test the school's preparation for an assault by "active shooters," The Oregonian reported.

Principal Cammie DeCastro told the paper there was "some commotion" when the shooters, who were actually members of the school's staff, entered the meeting room and began shooting.

While I certainly agree, something of this nature, is a good exercise ... I hope they'd let EVERYONE know, it's coming!

... can ya imagine, someone carrying ... permit 'er no ... permission 'er no ... and "masked intruders" storm in, waving guns around?! :shock:
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Re: School Shooting Drill In Oregon

Postby Texastransplant on Thu May 02, 2013 2:19 pm

It also makes the point that they can only do these drills where they know nobody's packing. Try this drill in a public park, or the Texas state house. Then see what happens.
Texastransplant

Postby xd ED on Thu May 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Texastransplant wrote:It also makes the point that they can only do these drills where they know nobody's packing. Try this drill in a public park, or the Texas state house. Then see what happens.

I think that's one reason the Winter Carnival Vulcans don't run around doing the dumb **** stuff they once did.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Spartan on Thu May 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, nuclear war, shooters....... what's next ? Maybe some religious schools have the plan in place for the 2nd coming !
Spartan

Postby ex-LT on Fri May 03, 2013 8:02 am

xd ED wrote:
Texastransplant wrote:It also makes the point that they can only do these drills where they know nobody's packing. Try this drill in a public park, or the Texas state house. Then see what happens.

I think that's one reason the Winter Carnival Vulcans don't run around doing the dumb **** stuff they once did.

Well, that and getting sued by a handful of Alary's waitresses.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby xd ED on Fri May 03, 2013 9:25 am

ex-LT wrote:
xd ED wrote:

Well, that and getting sued by a handful of Alary's waitresses.

I was thinking more the time a bunch drove through a MacDonald's parking lot hanging off an old truck firing blanks. Except no one inside(including me) could see it was those clowns. Sounded pretty intense from inside.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby darkwolf45 on Sat May 04, 2013 1:20 pm

Bad idea. You wanna go around shooting blanks like that pointing guns at people, then i dont want to hear any complaints when someone takes you out thinkig you are a genuine threat.
darkwolf45
Banned

Postby ronin069 on Sat May 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Serious question..."what if?". Say that someone was actually carrying and returned fire? I am sometimes concerned about some dopy college kids deciding to do a "flash mob" type Scenario as a project...I'd like to hope they'd be smarter than that, doubtful.
"The gun chooses you, you don't choose the gun"
- my wife
ronin069

Postby XDM45 on Sat May 04, 2013 8:55 pm

darkwolf45 wrote:Bad idea. You wanna go around shooting blanks like that pointing guns at people, then i dont want to hear any complaints when someone takes you out thinkig you are a genuine threat.

I agree.

Sad part is, the person firing the real bullets would probably go through a Witch Trial and become a test case.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Return to In The News