Zimmerman Self-Defense Trial off to Acceptable Start :)

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Zimmerman Self-Defense Trial off to Acceptable Start :)

Postby gunsmith on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Smoothest guy in the courtroom is Baldy-White Hair Lawyer. (he did the knock knock joke)

He doesn't strike me as a 'southerner' because of the way he speaks but he's interviewing the Crime Scene Tech and his first order of business was to be personal and warm her up (her husband was one of the on-scene officers and he politely inquired about that) People want to do business with people they like and he knows that. His 'schmoozing' was just right...not too much.
Broadway Johnny Cochran 'charmed' the OJ jury. If "Da Glove dondt Fit. U muss Aquit"

If I were charged with murder, I wouldnt care how I got off.

Reminder: This is the 'Legal System' not the Justice System...Could you imagine how 'inept' the Public Defenders would be here?

Of all the sheitheads in the courtroom he's the most likeable. Both prosecutors are turds..they're lucky they got rid of that SweatHog Special Prosecutor Angela Corey, who managed the indictment process.
gunsmith

Postby Heffay on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:58 pm

gunsmith wrote:Smoothest guy in the courtroom is Baldy-White Hair Lawyer. (he did the knock knock joke)

He doesn't strike me as a 'southerner' because of the way he speaks but he's interviewing the Crime Scene Tech and his first order of business was to be personal and warm her up (her husband was one of the on-scene officers and he politely inquired about that) People want to do business with people they like and he knows that. His 'schmoozing' was just right...not too much.
Broadway Johnny Cochran 'charmed' the OJ jury. If "Da Glove dondt Fit. U muss Aquit"

If I were charged with murder, I wouldnt care how I got off.

Reminder: This is the 'Legal System' not the Justice System...Could you imagine how 'inept' the Public Defenders would be here?

Of all the sheitheads in the courtroom he's the most likeable. Both prosecutors are turds..they're lucky they got rid of that SweatHog Special Prosecutor Angela Corey, who managed the indictment process.

Your mom ever tell you that if you didn't have something nice to say about someone to not say anything at all?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby SparkyJeff on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:06 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:Boy, I don't know. When your defense opens with a knock knock joke that falls flat on it's face? Sidewalk as a deadly weapon? Please! I'd be firing these morons and getting a new defense team!

My TV lawyers say that if he's convicted he can appeal saying he had inadequate representation.
"My lawyer sucked, do over!"
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Postby gunsmith on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:11 pm

SparkyJeff wrote:
Snakeman721 wrote:Boy, I don't know. When your defense opens with a knock knock joke that falls flat on it's face? Sidewalk as a deadly weapon? Please! I'd be firing these morons and getting a new defense team!

My TV lawyers say that if he's convicted he can appeal saying he had inadequate representation.
"My lawyer sucked, do over!"

I think the Nerd-Geek lawyer is a stealth weapon...The Chicks on the jury won't be drooling but they'll respect the guy. "He's such a geek. He wouldn't lie"

This whole thing sucks...bottom line....

A)Don't shoot somebody
B) If you do...don't get caught.
gunsmith

Postby XDM45 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:55 pm

gunsmith wrote:A) Don't shoot somebody

So you're promoting legal gun owners don't get caught after they shoot someone?
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Re: Re: Zimmerman Self-Defense Trial off to Acceptable Start :)

Postby goett047 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:58 pm

XDM45 wrote:

Provided they want to avoid the legal hell..... that's the only optIon if they shoot somebody
goett047

Postby XDM45 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:10 pm

gunsmith wrote:My take is that George gets acquitted. and No race riots. That assumes Fat Al keeps his pie hole shut.....Just tuned into Nancy Grace and they're doing NFL like recreation on a stage.

It's going to be ugly but I think we're almost half way through this wave of Gun-Hysteria. It's good that BarryBoy got slapped down on gun control...so that stuff like this doesn't snowball. Could be over in 2 weeks...It's all there on your screen if you want to watch. 2 years from now we'll have plenty of cheap ammo and a second amendment.

+1 on this. I think you're spot on. George needs to be acquitted or found in the right and the judgment needs to be made with prejudice.

Race always seems to get involved in these things for some reason or another. It's sad, predictable, but it happens.

What always bothers me about these things is whenever the bad guy gets caught it's "Oh I don't understands why dey diin't axe no qwest-tons. He waz a good boy, never hurt no one. Dey musta mistakin him when he was by 'round dat back winder just on his way home to his momma." Yeah, always the innocent ones getting popped. The tragedy.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Re: Re: Zimmerman Self-Defense Trial off to Acceptable Start :)

Postby XDM45 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:14 pm

goett047 wrote:
XDM45 wrote:

Provided they want to avoid the legal hell..... that's the only optIon if they shoot somebody

and if (more likely when) they get caught, can you imagine the trouble they will be in then? If if it was legally justified, all tied up nicely in a bow complete where the shooter would be legally a-ok; now they have tampering with a crime scene along with a whole pile of other charges against them.

If someone is legal gun owner, those risks go with it. If they don't like the level of responsibility, they shouldn't own a gun. Times that by 1,000,000 if they legally carry too. A legal gun owner promoting crime doesn't serve us well. People may think I'm an ass, but I've never promoted a crime.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby gunsmith on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:15 pm

XDM45 wrote:

Have you watched any of the trial?

Zimmerman is sitting there and he has the AGENT OF THE STATE, The Prosecutor telling the world.

Prosecutor John Guy said the evidence does not support a self-defense claim.

“George Zimmerman did not shoot Trayvon Martin because he had to. He shot him for the worst of all reasons – because he wanted to,” he said.

NBC BLATANTLY edits the 911 call to make it appear that he, Zimmerman, was concerned with the race of the perp, rather than the 911 dispatcher.

So......we're clearly dealing with the LEGAL SYSTEM, not the JUSTICE SYSTEM.

The justice is between you and your conscience.
gunsmith

Postby XDM45 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:16 pm

gunsmith wrote:
XDM45 wrote:

Have you watched any of the trial?

Zimmerman is sitting there and he has the AGENT OF THE STATE, The Prosecutor telling the world.

Prosecutor John Guy said the evidence does not support a self-defense claim.

“George Zimmerman did not shoot Trayvon Martin because he had to. He shot him for the worst of all reasons – because he wanted to,” he said.

NBC BLATANTLY edits the 911 call to make it appear that he, Zimmerman, was concerned with the race of the perp, rather than the 911 dispatcher.

So......we're clearly dealing with the LEGAL SYSTEM, not the JUSTICE SYSTEM.

The justice is between you and your conscience.

Oh I agree. We have a legal system, not a justice system, but the legal system will pretty much always eff you no matter what in some way.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby goett047 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Never is an awfully strong word...
goett047

Postby gunsmith on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm also taking some 'Hints' from Joe Olson. You know who he is...the #1 Testifier in front of the Legislature on gun issues...politely referred to by Latz/paymar as 'professor'

He has a laser focus on the line between the state / and your freedom.

I think his philosophy could be put into 5 words "NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE"

He doesn't post here for some reason but it would be 'exciting' if he did...I'm guessing he's just too busy. You will find him pointing out small but significant court rulings on Joel Rosenbergs old forum, now run by Andrew Rothman (#2 Testifier infront of the Legislature on gun issues)

NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE. Put that on the back of your lawyers business card and chant it if you are ever pinched by the flatfoots.

NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE.
gunsmith

Postby goett047 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Just be sure to invoke your 5th amendment rights
goett047

Postby gunsmith on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:43 pm

goett047 wrote:Just be sure to invoke your 5th amendment rights

Officer, If I'm free to go...I"m just going to 'GO'....

NOT free to go? Ok.

Any communication will be done through my atty and I DO NOT CONSENT TO ANY SEARCHES.
Any communication will be done through my atty and I DO NOT CONSENT TO ANY SEARCHES.
gunsmith

Postby XDM45 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:12 am

http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/ca ... s-v-texas/

Disclosure: Goldstein & Russell, P.C., whose attorneys work for or contribute to this blog in various capacities, is among the co-counsel to the petitioner in this case.

Holding: When petitioner had not yet been placed in custody or received Miranda warnings, and voluntarily responded to some questions by police about a murder, the prosecution’s use of his silence in response to another question as evidence of his guilty at trial did not violate the Fifth Amendment because petitioner failed to expressly invoke his privilege not to incriminate himself in response to the officer’s question.

Judgment: Affirmed, 5-4, in an opinion by Justice Alito on June 17, 2013. Justice Thomas, joined by Justice Scalia, concurred only in the judgment. Justice Breyer filed a dissenting opinion joined by Justice Ginsburg, Justice Sotomayor, and Justice Kagan.

Based on the above, we should invoke the 5th amendment immediately and have a standardized, all-inclusive statement.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

PreviousNext

Return to In The News