Zimmerman 2.0?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Zimmerman 2.0?

Postby Deputyhiro on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:06 pm

There you go! You are a classic liberal! Just throw the race card in there buddy!
It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
Deputyhiro

Postby Heffay on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Erud wrote:
Heffay wrote:Well, he started off doing the right thing by calling the police. And when they said he should stop following Martim, what did he end up doing?

Unwilling participant my ass. He only became an unwilling participant when he started getting his fat ass beat.

What's the deal with you and fat people?

Well, I was generally opposed to calling out people for their personal failings, but MGT has taught me that we should point out people who do silly things like wear gold teeth. So, I'm just going with it.

Don't like doing it. Feel like I owe it to the forum.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Zimmerman 2.0?

Postby Erud on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Heffay wrote:
Erud wrote:
Heffay wrote:Well, he started off doing the right thing by calling the police. And when they said he should stop following Martim, what did he end up doing?

Unwilling participant my ass. He only became an unwilling participant when he started getting his fat ass beat.

What's the deal with you and fat people?

Well, I was generally opposed to calling out people for their personal failings, but MGT has taught me that we should point out people who do silly things like wear gold teeth. So, I'm just going with it.

Don't like doing it. Feel like I owe it to the forum.

Very logical. That'll teach them(us?)!
Erud

Postby Heffay on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Erud wrote:Very logical. That'll teach them(us?)!

Well, since the mods don't seem to have an issue with it, I'm guessing that is how they want this forum to be. Full of blatantly racist comments, derogatory comments to entire groups of people, name-calling to put an entire elementary school to shame, etc.

I'm just rolling with it.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby TommyMN on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Yea, that's not what they said. Try again.
TommyMN

Postby TommyMN on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:38 pm

It's quite sad watching heff lately on this board. Bashed and beaten down in his own thread. Like watching a fat, drunk, over the hill MLBer whos dropped down into independent league, hits .100, 3 errors a game, but won't retire.
TommyMN

Postby minnhawk on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:19 pm

The problem is, as Dee Dee the "girlfriend" pointed out, Martin made it back to his home. He was safe. He could have gone inside and called 911. Instead, he headed back looking for Zimmerman. Straight from the witness testimony. There is no evidence whatsover that Zimmerman pursued (ran after?) Martin. He had lost sight of Martin.

Zimmerman did stop following Martin. He did get back in his car, still talking to dispatch. Martin appears, walks completely around Zimmerman's truck, and again disappears into the dark and rainy night. WTF? Is that intimidation?

Zimmerman the "wanton, depraved murderer, " stays in the truck and tells dispatch what Martin has just done. Wanton-depraved murderer Zimmerman should have gotten out the car, taking Martin's intimidation bait, and shot him dead. Martin is happy to have become yet another martyr in the continuing civil rights movement, being murdered by what MSNBC calls a "White Hispanic."(does that make President Obama a "White Black," or me a "White White?") State is happy because Zimmerman obviously is a "wanton-depraved murderer" and is convicted of 2nd Degree Murder, case closed.

BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED.

A short time after Martin circled the truck and disappeared, according the the recording of his conversation with the dispatcher, Zimmerman got out to find out the actual address of where he was in the complex so he could tell the dispatcher exactly where he was.

Martin comes out of the dark, smacks Zimmerman in his face, knocking him down. Two eyewitnesses testify that Martin (in black) was on top, hitting Zimmerman (in red) on the bottom. Unable to escape, screaming for help, head being hit on the concrete, he shoots Martin once at literal point-blank range. Martin is dead between 10 seconds to 3 minutes, depending on heart beat rate to pump blood out of his body.

No overwhelming preponderance of evidence of guilt. No proof beyond the shadow of a doubt that this is murder 2, or even manslaughter.

Martin's act of returning to the area, looking for Zimmerman instead of going inside the house and/or calling 911, sealed his fate. Martin's act of assaulting Zimmerman caused his own death.

You have to quit listening to the talking heads on MSNBC and FOX and read the actual testimony.
Eleven-Bravo, 1/4 INF, 3ID
minnhawk

Postby damian_mb on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:53 am

Deputyhiro wrote:You would give him a good fight.... Suprise! He pulls out a knife, and comes at you. Do you use your gun now???? BOOM! Now you just used your gun to protect property, right?

Then you must of not listened in your class....that there is when your life is in danger with a deadly weapon and deem to use your firearm if necessary.
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby grousemaster on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:54 am

Heffay wrote: You run away until you can no longer run away. THAT is when you need your gun.

If you saw some woman getting raped at knife point in a dark parking ramp you just would run? You're a coward That would be a cowardly thing to do ;)
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Heffay on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 am

grousemaster wrote:
Heffay wrote: You run away until you can no longer run away. THAT is when you need your gun.

If you saw some woman getting raped at knife point in a dark parking ramp you just would run? You're a coward That would be a cowardly thing to do ;)

I'd call the cops and yell at him from a safe distance. But yeah, I probably wouldn't go up to a guy with a knife in the process of committing a crime. That would be a stupid thing to do.

I'm not really offended if you think I'm a coward. Rincewind is my hero.
Heffay

Postby damian_mb on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:27 am

jshuberg wrote:Shooting someone for a property crime is such a bad idea that I suspect many instructors may teach their students that it's illegal, when in fact it is legal in a defense of dwelling situation.

Thais is what I mean to say...stupid me.

He said that although you are legally able to shoot someone who is not allowed in your home, to shoot them over a TV pretty much kills your chances of winning in court. Same deal with a car, judge and jury will more likely think along the lines of being able to replace those object where as a life you cannot.

I apologize. Should have stated my statement a little more clear. :oops:
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby grousemaster on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:30 am

Heffay wrote:
grousemaster wrote:

I'd call the cops and yell at him from a safe distance. But yeah, I probably wouldn't go up to a guy with a knife in the process of committing a crime. That would be a stupid thing to do.

I'm not really offended if you think I'm a coward. Rincewind is my hero.

Wow. I'd hate to be your wife or kid, and be getting assaulted while daddy calls for help on his cell phone. Your answer shows you don't quite understand the law, as the law permit you to prevent others from getting great bodily harm as well. You're pushing your morals on us....and making it sound like the rest of us are stupid for not sharing your belief system. Isn't that what you accuse others of doing on a regular basis?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Heffay on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:42 am

grousemaster wrote:Wow. I'd hate to be your wife or kid, and be getting assaulted while daddy calls for help on his cell phone. Your answer shows you don't quite understand the law, as the law permit you to prevent others from getting great bodily harm as well. You're pushing your morals on us....and making it sound like the rest of us are stupid for not sharing your belief system. Isn't that what you accuse others of doing on a regular basis?

The law permits me to do many really stupid things. You go ahead and be the hero. I'll be the guy at your grave saying "What a brave man. You may know him as Murder Victim 2, but he will always be grousemaster to me."

And my wife knows her role in any active shooter is to be a bullet sponge. To be fair, she expects the same from me and since she's quick as lighting, I suspect she'll get the upper hand if we ever run into that situation. As I have always said, the basis of any successful relationship is good, honest, open communication.
Heffay

Postby grousemaster on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:08 am

Heffay wrote:
grousemaster wrote:Wow. I'd hate to be your wife or kid, and be getting assaulted while daddy calls for help on his cell phone. Your answer shows you don't quite understand the law, as the law permit you to prevent others from getting great bodily harm as well. You're pushing your morals on us....and making it sound like the rest of us are stupid for not sharing your belief system. Isn't that what you accuse others of doing on a regular basis?

The law permits me to do many really stupid things. You go ahead and be the hero. I'll be the guy at your grave saying "What a brave man. You may know him as Murder Victim 2, but he will always be grousemaster to me."

And my wife knows her role in any active shooter is to be a bullet sponge. To be fair, she expects the same from me and since she's quick as lighting, I suspect she'll get the upper hand if we ever run into that situation. As I have always said, the basis of any successful relationship is good, honest, open communication.

I don't consider saving the lives of others or preventing them from getting great bodily harm as "stupid", I see it as the decent thing to do. Sort of like helping an old lady pick up her groceries when the bag breaks open. You sure are callous. Ever see those shock videos or hear the stories of people getting stabbed to death, beaten senseless, or even raped in public while people look on and walk right by? That's you.
Last edited by grousemaster on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Heffay on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:11 am

grousemaster wrote:I don't consider saving the lives of others or preventing them from getting great bodily harm as "stupid", I see it as the decent thing to do. Sort of like helping an old lady pick up her groceries when the bag breaks open. You sure are callous.

I have no problem helping an old lady pick up her groceries! That's a very nice thing to do, and I go out of my way to help in situations like that.

I consider it a decent thing to do to call the cops when I see a crime in progress. Even video tape it if possible, as it may help in the prosecution. But there is a reason I joined the Navy and not the Marines. Don't like getting shot. Like warm bunks. Air conditioning. The finer things in life*. More power to those who don't have the same aspirations as I do though!

*operative word there.
Heffay

PreviousNext

Return to In The News