NOT GUILTY!

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: NOT GUILTY!

Postby harryset on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Obama may not be getting ready to file federal charges, but Al Sharpton says he is headed to Florida to rally the preachers, and start figuring out how many federal and civil charges he can get filed against Zimmerman.

It has been obvious for years, that some people only believe in "gang justice", not the rule of law.
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:58 pm

Is it bad that I have 3 loaded shotguns next to me just in case the crazies make it all the way up here???
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby river_boater on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:02 pm

PHATSPEED7x wrote:Is it bad that I have 3 loaded shotguns next to me just in case the crazies make it all the way up here???

Bad? No. Stupid? Yes.
river_boater

Postby BemidjiDweller on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:11 pm

river_boater wrote:
PHATSPEED7x wrote:Is it bad that I have 3 loaded shotguns next to me just in case the crazies make it all the way up here???

Bad? No. Stupid? Yes.

Why is it stupid? The man likes to be around loaded shotguns.
BemidjiDweller

Postby tenmilmag on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:23 pm

BemidjiDweller wrote:
river_boater wrote:

Bad? No. Stupid? Yes.

Why is it stupid? The man likes to be around loaded shotguns.

Oh shot gun shell... Oh shot gun shell...
Last edited by tenmilmag on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
tenmilmag

Postby TooFewGuns on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:09 am

infidel wrote:
dismal wrote:
TooFewGuns wrote:Stand your ground should be the law everywhere. The jury recognized the circumstantial case and did the right thing.

Just remember that this was NOT a stand your ground case, it was simple self defense.

But yep, the jury did the right thing.

Exactly. Nothing to do with stand your ground.

I know it wasn't stand your ground case, doesn't change that I believe it should be the law. I realize the case was self defense. As for the civil rights charges, I hope they pass. The quote I read said that they would consider the evidence and result of the state's case. Hopefully that means they will wait a couple weeks for things to die down and then just let it go. Its bad enough that he will be in civil court with the parent's of the victim. He better work on a book to pay the lawyers for that one. Its a shame that an innocent verdict doesn't mean that you will ever be free from a high profile case.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. Milton Friedman
The only security men can have for their political liberty, consists in keeping their money in their own pockets. Lysander Spooner
TooFewGuns

Postby shooter115 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:01 am

Can't validate this as I'm not sure I trust the source, but it looks like the riots may have started.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBtSN7-zoj0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Anyone else seeing anything. Looks like all the news networks are on a rerun loop.
shooter115

Postby Grappler on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:23 am

That's from the 2011 stanley cup riots.

http://o.canada.com/2013/07/14/miami-riots-not-real/

There are protests currently happening though.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/this ... r?s=mobile
Grappler

Postby XDM45 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:14 am

1) I'm glad GZ was found Not Guilty. This case shouldn't have ever gone to trial. Unfortunately, a certain ethnic group will riot and GZ will always need to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life. As such, I hope GZ's gun rights are restored and he can get a PTC/CCW again.

2) GZ did the World a favor by taking out a gold-teeth-wearing, pot-smoking, illegal-possession-of-a-firearm, thug. Good for him!! Maybe if that happened more often, people wouldn't be so quick to do crime because they'd be dead versus cycling in and out of the system as they commit crimes.

3) How come Obama didn't say that lady that was thrown down the stairs in NJ was like a daughter to him? Was it because she was white and the guy doing it was black? How come that crime didn't get the press it deserved? Unlike GZ and TM, that incident was actually caught on video of some thug assaulting someone.

4) If GZ was found guilty, you wouldn't see white people rioting over it now would ya?
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby grousemaster on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:50 am

XDM45 wrote:1) I'm glad GZ was found Not Guilty. This case shouldn't have ever gone to trial. Unfortunately, a certain ethnic group will riot and GZ will always need to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life. As such, I hope GZ's gun rights are restored and he can get a PTC/CCW again.

2) GZ did the World a favor by taking out a gold-teeth-wearing, pot-smoking, illegal-possession-of-a-firearm, thug. Good for him!! Maybe if that happened more often, people wouldn't be so quick to do crime because they'd be dead versus cycling in and out of the system as they commit crimes.

3) How come Obama didn't say that lady that was thrown down the stairs in NJ was like a daughter to him? Was it because she was white and the guy doing it was black? How come that crime didn't get the press it deserved? Unlike GZ and TM, that incident was actually caught on video of some thug assaulting someone.

4) If GZ was found guilty, you wouldn't see white people rioting over it now would ya?

Really? That's cold man....it was not a "favor" for anyone to be killed.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby mnmike59 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:58 am

PHATSPEED7x wrote:http://twitchy.com/2013/07/13/its-ngga-season-marlon-wayans-tweets-epic-meltdown-about-fat-guck-zimmerman/

Wow... :shock:

This guy really needs to look at the facts and put his emotions away. geez!
"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Postby george on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:00 am

If he was willing to attack and assault at age 17, wonder what age 25 would have been like, bet
someone is grateful although unknowing. Maybe me, I go to FL., my son and mother are there.
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby tabberski on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:14 am

Racism is the one card they can play, and usually win with. If facts don't support your perspective, make it racial. It is a simple technique that has been used for decades now. Additionally an educated person can work with facts and make a logical decision from them, or at least see another's perspective. I don't feel the masses are working with those skills, only their emotions. I really feel our Country is broken, and our current King isn't making the situation any better. You'd have thought he would be trying to end the racism mentality. We should outlaw the word Racism, it is a offensive word. Lets take that tool away and see if they will play fair then. I read some of Marlon Wayans posts on Twitter, I hope he moves. He is just spreading the hate and disparity between our people. Trevon was a troubled kid (drugs/theft) and unfortunately messed with the wrong guy, bad ending. I still don't really understand why the Black community has stood behind this kid. In the end what did they think they would achieve or gain? Why not be mad about their culture as they put it, it isn't healthy.

Well sorry about the rant. Peace everyone.
tabberski

Postby XDM45 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:18 am

grousemaster wrote:
XDM45 wrote:1) I'm glad GZ was found Not Guilty. This case shouldn't have ever gone to trial. Unfortunately, a certain ethnic group will riot and GZ will always need to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life. As such, I hope GZ's gun rights are restored and he can get a PTC/CCW again.

No sympathy for thugs, gangsta, criminals, pedophiles or other such ilk from me.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby minnhawk on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:33 am

It is going to be pretty tough for the DOJ to file charges on Zimmerman.....remember, the FBI conducted an investigation early on and decided that there was no racial motivation in the shooting. Kinda hard to get around the FBI and file civil rights violation charges, I would think.

I also keep reading on LegalInsurrection.com that Florida does not allow for a civil suite, i.e. a wrongful death suit in a self-defense shooting.
Eleven-Bravo, 1/4 INF, 3ID
minnhawk

PreviousNext

Return to In The News