NOT GUILTY!

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: NOT GUILTY!

Postby BU1 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:47 am

minnhawk wrote:I also keep reading on LegalInsurrection.com that Florida does not allow for a civil suite, i.e. a wrongful death suit in a self-defense shooting.

I also read that somewhere. I hope it is true.
BU1

Postby harryset on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:06 pm

It really torqued me off that Trayvon Martin only became a child, after he was killed.
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby grousemaster on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:10 pm

XDM45 wrote:
grousemaster wrote:
XDM45 wrote:1) I'm glad GZ was found Not Guilty. This case shouldn't have ever gone to trial. Unfortunately, a certain ethnic group will riot and GZ will always need to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life. As such, I hope GZ's gun rights are restored and he can get a PTC/CCW again.

2) GZ did the World a favor by taking out a gold-teeth-wearing, pot-smoking, illegal-possession-of-a-firearm, thug. Good for him!! Maybe if that happened more often, people wouldn't be so quick to do crime because they'd be dead versus cycling in and out of the system as they commit crimes.

3) How come Obama didn't say that lady that was thrown down the stairs in NJ was like a daughter to him? Was it because she was white and the guy doing it was black? How come that crime didn't get the press it deserved? Unlike GZ and TM, that incident was actually caught on video of some thug assaulting someone.

4) If GZ was found guilty, you wouldn't see white people rioting over it now would ya?

Really? That's cold man....it was not a "favor" for anyone to be killed.

No sympathy for thugs, gangsta, criminals, pedophiles or other such ilk from me.

What lead you to the conclusion that TM was a "thug" and deserved to be killed? Was it the gold teeth? The weed habit? How do you even know the handgun is illegal? You're a piece of work.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby scotts87iroc on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Florida does have a law that states he cannot be criminally or civilly charged if found not guilty of a self defense shooting.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
scotts87iroc

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Sent from a NSA phone
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Josh189 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:30 pm

This country is getting out of hand. As well as the whole racism bit. Black people are probably the most racist of any demographic. Look at this case. Even though the shooter was Hispanic, the media called him a White Hispanic or self proclaimed Hispanic. To me this is BS. Whenever something bad happens to a black person, it's AUTOMATICALLY racism. I'm wondering when this is going to stop. As for the rioting. Why is it only Black people that riot?
Also, this Civil Rights Violation charge that's coming. That could set a pretty bad precedent in court for anyone that defends themselves against a Black person. We need to get away from giving people racial labels. If there were no racial labels in this case there would be no rioting or worry. This case wouldn't even have been tried.
That's my 2 cents.

J.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Postby CraigJS on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Obama the media WHORE just couldn't let justice be served without putting his anti gun twist on it.. He makes me sick.
To those that will protest or riot, justice has been served, just not on the plate you care for. To the lawyers that turned this into to a race issue, you're lower than whale crap! :evil:
CraigJS

NOT GUILTY!

Postby illbits on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Josh189 wrote:This country is getting out of hand. As well as the whole racism bit. Black people are probably the most racist of any demographic. Look at this case. Even though the shooter was Hispanic, the media called him a White Hispanic or self proclaimed Hispanic. To me this is BS. Whenever something bad happens to a black person, it's AUTOMATICALLY racism. I'm wondering when this is going to stop. As for the rioting. Why is it only Black people that riot?
Also, this Civil Rights Violation charge that's coming. That could set a pretty bad precedent in court for anyone that defends themselves against a Black person. We need to get away from giving people racial labels. If there were no racial labels in this case there would be no rioting or worry. This case wouldn't even have been tried.
That's my 2 cents.

J.

You just gave people "racial labels" at least 4 times in less then 2 paragraphs. Did you bump your head or something?
Last edited by illbits on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
illbits

Postby Deputyhiro on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:15 pm

BU1 wrote:
minnhawk wrote:I also keep reading on LegalInsurrection.com that Florida does not allow for a civil suite, i.e. a wrongful death suit in a self-defense shooting.

I also read that somewhere. I hope it is true.

MSNBC was talking about it today. Apparently you can sue for wrongful death, but Somewhere in that "stand your ground law" there is language put that states that if you sue for wrongful death and loose, you pay for the defendants attorney's fees and lost wages. They were crying about the fact that if TMs family sued GZ for wrongful death, and lost, they would have to ultimately pay their son's killer. Huh, kinda like a check and balance one the whole sue happy court system. Maybe, if they feel there isnt a strong enough case.... They should leave it alone?
It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
Deputyhiro

Postby XDM45 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:24 am

grousemaster wrote:What lead you to the conclusion that TM was a "thug" and deserved to be killed? Was it the gold teeth? The weed habit? How do you even know the handgun is illegal? You're a piece of work.

Ok. You win. Travyon was a fine upstanding individual who was wronged by an evil man. I'm sure the weed wasn't his, the gun wasn't illegal, the gold teeth were fake, his friends are very intelligent like the one that took the stand. There's no justice for Trayvon. He was just a misjudged child. Oh the horror......think of the children.

Better?
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Heffay on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:25 am

XDM45 wrote:
grousemaster wrote:What lead you to the conclusion that TM was a "thug" and deserved to be killed? Was it the gold teeth? The weed habit? How do you even know the handgun is illegal? You're a piece of work.

Ok. You win. Travyon was a fine upstanding individual who was wronged by an evil man. I'm sure the weed wasn't his, the gun wasn't illegal, the gold teeth were fake, his friends are very intelligent like the one that took the stand. There's no justice for Trayvon. He was just a misjudged child. Oh the horror......think of the children.

Better?

Maybe the truth is somewhere between thug and angel?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby XDM45 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:28 am

Heffay wrote:
XDM45 wrote:

Better?

Probably.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:02 am

Heffay wrote:
XDM45 wrote:

Better?

Isn't it always?
Holland&Holland

Postby grousemaster on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:20 am

XDM45 wrote:

Better?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Are you even a real person or just a troll? Seriously dude.....I asked a valid question and you come back with another low level answer. Just anwser the question. How do you know he had an illegal gun? What makes him a "Thug" in your mind that made it advantageous for our society to have him killed? (and what is a Thug?)
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Re: Re: NOT GUILTY!

Postby dismal on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:20 am

Heffay wrote:
XDM45 wrote:

Better?

Cite for the info on the jpg?

Sent using Tapatalk 2
dismal

PreviousNext

Return to In The News