Holder: "Time to Question Stand-your-ground"

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby gunsmith on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Holder: It's Time To Question Stand Your Ground

Get your barf bag out. All-Black Holder says "It's time for us to 'Stand OUR ground'...was this delivered in a black church? because whenever he pauses there's a flourish of piano music like in a black revival meeting...counting the days till 2017...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pXN_Z2Yo8M

Posted Tuesday, July 16th 2013 @ 4pm

(Orlando, FL) -- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder says it's time to question laws like Florida's Stand Your Ground law. In a speech at the NAACP convention in Orlando, Holder said such laws, quote, "senselessly expand the concept of self defense."

He added that such laws try to fix something that was never broken. He said the laws undermine public safety by removing the traditional requirement that threatened people "retreat" if outside their home. Holder's statement comes amid outcry over George Zimmerman's acquittal for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Florida.
Last edited by gunsmith on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunsmith

Re: Holder: "Time to Question Stand-your-ground"

Postby jdege on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Does he remind anyone of Big Tim Sullivan?
jdege

Postby gyrfalcon on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Don't forget about gunrunner / fast and furious.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby The Lance on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:13 pm

In what way does this have to do with George Zimmerman being acquitted of all charges?

It has nothing to do with stand your ground you **** imbecile
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Postby xd ED on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:22 pm

The Lance wrote:In what way does this have to do with George Zimmerman being acquitted of all charges?

Yup- even the blind can figure that out....well almost:

Wonder won't sing in Fla. after Zimmerman verdict

Stevie Wonder says he won't perform in Florida and other states with a "stand your ground" law.

In a video posted on YouTube, the 63-year-old singer said at a concert in Quebec City, Canada, on Sunday "that until the 'stand your ground' law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again."

Wonder added: "Wherever I find that law exists, I will not perform in that state or in that part of the world."

*The "stand your ground" law allows people to use deadly force if they believe their life is in danger :hammer: .

* Emphasis mine.

Holder, the black African American Atty Gen, isn't the only one with an agenda of obfuscation.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby darkwolf45 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:26 pm

How was GZ supposed to retreat, lying in a puddle with another man on top of him mercilessly trying to beat him to death? I know GZ could have handled things more intelligently, but up until TM jumped him it was just an argument.

More importantly though, why should I or anyone listen to a man that that uses his position to bully anyone that crosses his path, tells the people he is supposed to be accountable to stuff it, sells thousands of weapons to drug cartels and wants to do anything he can to throw a legally acquitted man into double jeopardy?
darkwolf45
Banned

Postby Hmac on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:40 pm

The Lance wrote:In what way does this have to do with George Zimmerman being acquitted of all charges?

Holder has a problem. He is under intense pressure to file civil rights charges against Zimmerman but his own FBI has already investigated and said there was no racial bias. I think what we're seeing is a little misdirection side-step by Holder (a la Charles Durning in Best Little Whorehouse in Texas).
Hmac

Postby xd ED on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:52 pm

I wonder if Holder will look into the prosecutorial misconduct as a violation of Zimmerman's civil rights?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: Holder:

Postby gyrfalcon on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:11 pm

xd ED wrote:I wonder if Holder will look into the prosecutorial misconduct as a violation of Zimmerman's civil rights?

I wonder if Obama will audit the fed.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby grousemaster on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:55 pm

How many threads are we going to start on this case? Our forum is worse than cable news.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Deputyhiro on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:00 pm

Piers Morgan is a bloody twit.
It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
Deputyhiro

Postby gunsmith on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:17 pm

grousemaster wrote:How many threads are we going to start on this case? Our forum is worse than cable news.

If Holder would shut up I would too. :)
gunsmith

Return to In The News